Seattle, WA
Seattle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seattle University

Ann

Seattle Univeristy is known to have one of the finest cafeterias. Bon Appetit is the food corporation that provides our school with meals. We have one main cafeteria, where hot and tasty meals are sold as well as a bistro and 2 cafes around campus. Bon Appetit uses sustainable resources, is health conscious and the food is always freshly made. Snacks, Sandwiches and juices are all natural and chosen wisely by Bon Appetit.

Although I have only been going to college for one quarter, so many things come to mind when people ask me if I am glad I attend college. I learned about new people, personalities, cultures and ways of thinking. I am able to see a new person out of me; I learn new things every day about myself and everything I did not know . I learn about sustainability, homosexuality, homelessness, poverty in America and issues on technology. College has helped me to become a better writer and critical thinker because typing a 10-15 page every week isn't unusual for me. The critical thinking comes along when typing an essay because the topics and styles of writing are frequently mixed. The most unusual form was exploratory and proposal argument essays. College is valuable because taking a step from high school to the real world does not help people see the big picture of relations with other countries and issues from different perspectives. College helps us to be open minded and helps student receive an education that can help the future generation have a better life; whether it deals with sustainability, technology or the economy.

Seattle University offers a variety of campus learning services that provide that assistance for all students in their academics. These services provide a helping hand for our studies in all areas such as math, writing, and learning techniques. Seattle University encourages students to use these services which motivates students excell academically. With more aid provided by the school students are motivated to learn and have a prevenet opportunity to have a successful future, as well as being committed to ones studies.

Shelby

Seattle University strives to educate leaders for a just and humane world.

Seattle University strives to educate leaders for a just and humane world.

Enlightenment. Never have I found the answers to my own personal and spiritual questions, like I have in college. I have become knowledgeable on a wealth of subjects and pushed to explore my strengths and weaknesses. I feel as though by going to college, I have opened my mind to the new ideas of ethics, logic, and spiritually. In doing so, I am able to challenge myself like never before. The value of education is unimaginable. I feel as though I no longer look at things in black and white, but in a full array of vibrant colors. I am able to apply my knowledge to life situations and make decisions based upon them. I cannot imagine who I would be today if I hadn’t chose to attend college.

The girl to guy ratio is disappointing. There are MANY more girls thatn guys.

Angelica

"Social justice... yeah... what is that? Like helping the kids in Africa or something? College is for getting a job." A response like this is typical when I talk to my peers who were not able to attend college. They view college as a means to an end, one inch closer to what society defines success, monetary wealth. Contrary to this, I have gained the ability to open my mind to the problems the world faces and, more importantly, the fact that ordinary people such as myself can relieve some of this suffering. Had I not attended college, I am sure I too would have been caught in the bubble that encases so many today, that there is no other world aside from their relatively priveleged lives. So far this has been such a fulfilling, enlightening experience, and it's important for people to realize that their actions today define our world tomorrow.

Someone who is open minded, interested in social justice/improving the community, friendly, unique.... but really there's a niche for everyone.

Not having a 24-hour dining hall.

Hanalina

Dedicated to educating the person as a whole, enriching their lives with more than just book knowledge by encouraging them to participate in their community and challanging them to think about the gobal community.

Before I came to Seattle University I was a very introverted person. Because of how open and accepting this campus is, I feel that I have been able to open up to others in ways I had never imagined before. Ontop of the top rate education they've provided me, they've helped me grow as a person in the short time that I've been here and I'm so grateful for that.

The price tag. Being a private university the school costs a pretty penny to attend, thankfully they give out quite a bit in financial aid each year. I am here primarily on scholarships and so is my roommate. From what I hear, a lot of kids are. Still, $38,000 is a pretty hefty tag to tote!

Chastyn

I have learned that anyone can do anything they set their mind to. I have finally figured out what I want to do for the rest of my life and it has been about 5 years out of high school. I think that once you have an idea of what you want out of life everything works itself out. I have loved attending college for two main reasons. The first is that I know I am setting agood example for my son. I hope he sees that it is best to go to college right after high school so when he gets done with that and gets a job and family, he won't have to worry about supporting them. The second reason is that I feel like I am accomplishing something important. I will be contributing to society by doing something I enjoy doing.

Gabrielle

My college education thus far has been a whirlwind of opportunities, only a fraction of which I have capitalized on. It is a very scary thing to know that while one is partaking in so much: classes, clubs, guest lectures, art events, conversations, and establishing lasting relationships with peers and professors; there is still so much one is missing. That is what college is, a plethora of opportunities. Our current and future lives as students are set in motion by the decisions we make now, consciously or not, at times comprehending this fact is overwhelming and condemning. But at other times, and in the long run, there is nothing more exhilarating for we are living life itself, real and unlike we will ever again. College has been valuable thus far because of the various ways the system and experience compel me to live and think. Attending university as a youth is full of paradoxes and I am appreciating those paradoxes as they reveal themselves and come to fruition.

The first year of college is easy and managable, over load while you can to get core out of the way. Keeping busy your freshman year will allow you more freedom and more possibilities as an upper classmen.

The school is out for money. The mission statement sounds great but the school is moving away from its ideals and towards getting more money, better recognition, and its getting there through a dedication to sports and waning its recruitment type.

Seattle University is designed towards making industrial men and woman who also value justice and community service. Attending this school not only builds the potential to obtain a better job after graduation but it also builds character within the men and women who choose to attend. Seattle University also strives to make leaders out of the students who attend. Leadership positions are offered in abundance and teach students the importants of responsibility and teamwork. The clubs here are all designed towards philanthrophy. Attending this school has taught me the importance of becoming a better citizen to maintain a social conscience so that all of humanity may prosper in a just yet industrious way. Seattle University has given me the opportunity to open my eyes to a word far beyond my own. I now know that there is a world far beyond any individual person that can be mended with a little bit of altruism and coalition. Seattle University has served as the lighthouse for anyone whose dreams are seemingly in the dark. This school is manufacturing the hope and faith that it takes to build a better tomorrow.

Before coming to this school, I wish I had known that the Campion bathrooms are THE WORST.

A person not interested in Service Learning or Community Service should not attend this school. This school is designed towards building service and justice within the community.

Mason

Seattle University is best known for its focus on social justice and education of the whole person. I worked for many different organizations with many different constituencies through class requirements and recommendations and my own extra-curricular activities. I travelled to India with the Calcutta club and through fundraising with the club on campus, paid for nearly the entire trip. I was able to take a wide range of classes, within my major that provided multiple perspectives of not only my course of study, but the broader perspectives of working in an international setting.

My college experience not only prepared me for a career where I may succeed, but provided a forum where I could completely explore my own views and beliefs. The classes I took were applicable and beneficial for a future career and they showed me what I was capable of, showing me how to believe in myself. I was able to set off to places abroad to learn more about the world and thrive in unfamiliar environments. The benefits I have recieved from my college education have more than outweighed the cost of attendance and I am extremely thankful for the opportunity to attend. I recieved my B.A. in International Studies with an emphasis in Spanish four years ago. Now I am fluent in two languages, hve over 3 years of international experience, and am working on becoming a medical doctor. I do not live my life based on any template and have created new opportunities for myself at every turn. I am proud of who I am, what I have accomplished, and can not wait to see where I end up next.

I tell my friends that Seattle University offered me a great location to experience the city of Seattle, travel internationally, and have a wide variety of classes from which I could choose. Located within walking distance of downtown, Broadway, the International District, and a short bus ride from the University District, I could get almost anywhere in town in less than 30 minutes. I travelled to India and China through SU's study abroad program and the strong support the school gave to clubs focused on social justice. With many different classes to choose from, I finished on time.

Selene

College provided me with the opportunity to grow as a person and mature into a more responsible adult. By offering a semester long study abroad program for me my freshman year I was able to better understand new cultures, improve my language skills and develop a stronger sense of personal independence and responsibility. Before I left for Mexico, Seattle University gave me the opportunity to study in one of the most artistic towns in the country which opened my horizons and broadened my perspective of the world. Additionally I have had instructors who are remarkably well qualified to teach the subjects that I am passionate about which not only motivated me to do well in school but also inspired me to continue learning and studying on my own time.

The location is amazing, being in downtown Seattle opens up so many possibilites for young new students with a variety of interests. I was also given the opportunity to study abroad as a Freshman at Seattle U which is uncommon but was so rewarding. I found the staff to be helpful and supportive and it is an overall exciting and stimulating place to be.

Because it is a private Catholic institution there are more general required classes that each student is expected to take; I found this to be frustrating as a double major because I already had so many classes that I needed.

Dana

Being the first individual in my family to attend college has been very valuable and important to me. I have embraced college openly. I am enjoying the opportunity, as well as finding my niche to truly succeed. I have gained many things as a college student. College is a time students can truly become their own person and evolve into what they will be the rest of one’s life. I have become more independent and have taken on important responsibilities. I have always relied on my parents for support, but at college I have been able to learn how to succeed on my own. College has so far given me countless benefits, including time management skills, improved work ethics, and critical thinking abilities. A College education gives me a valuable base of knowledge that I can use to build my intelligence. It teaches someone to solve more of life’s problems, on their own. College has given me the opportunity to meet a very diverse crowd of people in the student body. It has been rewarding to meet and befriend many people as it has strengthened my personal growth. Thanks for your consideration for the Campus Discovery Scholarship.

Seattle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.