Seattle, WA
Seattle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seattle University

Raina

Seattle University is a private, jesuit catholic, institution.

Seattle University is a private, jesuit catholic, institution.

I have yet to begin my college experience, but I hope that the people I meet and the education I recieve exceeds all my expectations.

The best thing about my school is that it offers a Jesuit Catholic education. My faith is very important to me and I believe the values tought at Seattle University will be helpful to my future.

Henry

I have received courage to face the future and take charge of my life from my college experience. When I first started attending Lone Star College, I had a hard time handling anything that had to do with my future. I was so afraid of making a mistake that would ruin my life I would sometimes refuse to discuss my plans for the future with my friends and family. When I could summon enough courage to do something I would never take charge in finishing it. Luckily, the professors I had would always ask the class what were our plans for ourselves. After we told them, they would research things for us and give us ideas on how to achieve these goals. It is thanks to their encouragement and good advice that I was able to overcome this fear and take control of my life. Attending this college has been valuable because with every class I have taken, I have learned a life lesson. One life lesson I received here allowed me to realize that I am the builder of my paradise. This knowledge is the most valuable to me because it is the largest motivating factor in my life.

Madelyn

The most important thing I have gotten from my college experience, other than a higher education, is learning how to be my own person. I had always been independent and thought of myself as a self-reliant person but it took me moving out of my comfort zone and into a new enviornment to understand that I was never really independent. I relied on my teachers to help me catch up, I relied on my parents for keeping me out of trouble and for my basic nessicities. College has taught me to depend on myself first instead of hoping someone else will fix the problem before I have to. It taught me to question what I believed in and why I believed in it to begin with. I was no longer just listening to others ideas and spitting them back out, I now formulate my own opinions on things. Basically college was the last stage of growing up. I no longer need to depend on others for success, I make my own success.

Seattle University is a close campus, its like a community. Someone who wants to get involved with their school would deffinalty feel at home here. If you want a personal education instead of just a basic group lecture then this is the place for you. Because this is a jesuit university it focuses on critical thinking of not just religious things but every aspect of your education. This isnt a school for someone who wants to just go to class once or twice a week, you have to put effort into it but you will learn a lot doing that.

The most frustrating part of my school is because it is on the quarter system you have little time to take breaks, its a sprint. It is not a "party school" and that makes you focus on school a lot more, which is a good thing, but they really require that you put a lot of effort into every aspect of your classes.

Marvin

Since I've been enrolled in college, I have experienced and accomplished many things. What I have gotten out of my college experience is that working hard leads to success. Considering my background, I never thought that I would be able to attend college. I really enjoy the experience because I've had the chance to meet unique people and made new friends who are devoted to their education. I rather much have friends who are determined to graduate from college because they are a motivation for me to do the same. Attending college is valuable because it increases an individual?s marketability. The way the economy is now, the majority of employer's prefer individuals with college degrees rather than high school diplomas. Once I receive my college degree, I will feel that I would be an inspiration to others who have had a troublesome past. Despite my shortcomings and mishaps, I didn't allow the negativity to through me off course. The experience and the value of attending college are for everyone, no matter what upbringing or troubled background a person has. I will remain determined and motivated to reach my goal of completing college and becoming successful.

Michele

Attaining my degree on line has been an invaluable experience. It gave me the chance to raise my family while my husband served in the military and attain my BS in Business without having to change schools, lose credits and take courses repeatedly. I have learned to be more successful in business situations in commmunicating through emails and be a beter business professional as a whole. I have used my training in school to better myself in all areas of my personal ife and strive for my goals I have set forth for myself professionally. I have decided to return to school to attain my undergraduate degree in Accounting and continue my professional growth while working full time.

How helpful the people would be, I would have investigated this school years ago!

It is an accredited University, online classes and the people have been very helpful in assisting me in my endeavor to continue my education.

Alex

Seattle Univeristy has the most varied group of people that I have ever met; based on the makeup of a hippie commune, a religious communnity, a cultural revolution, and a dreamer's scoiety, all based five square blocks of urban jungle.

For me, college has provided far more than a simple education. While most people, including myself, obtain the standdard knowldedge we've come to college for, I have gained far more. I have learned about myself in ways that I never thought I would, from my beliefs about people and God to the ways in which I live in the world. I have gained a new amount of freedom and extroversion with people of all walks of life, and see my new self develop every day. I do not think that without college I would have developed in the ways I have in such a short time. What occured in only a few months could have taken years, or neverhave occured at all. I believe that college is to thank for how I have found myself in new life.

The most frustrating thing about Seattle University is the large core course program, which makes it hard to complete the very large list of requirements in four years, along with your major.

Jillian

If was able to give advice to myself as a senior in high school I would encourage myself to get a job off-campus. As an out-of-state student it can be hard to connect with the community outside of my college campus. I currently have an on-campus job and live in an on-campus dorm, both of which have helped me to make better connections with my college community, but I am not as connected to the city of Seattle. A job off campus would encourage relationships with people who have a different perspective on the area I am now living in. I do not feel disconnected from Seattle because I have made a point of venturing out and finding local places while meeting new people from my community. However, I do think that having an off-campus job from the beginning of my freshman would have made that connection much easier. Knowing this as a high school senior I could have researched local businesses close to campus, but separate from the campus community.

Seattle University does not have many flaws, but if I was to pick one it would be that it is a very expensive to attend. Not only is tuition expensive but housing, food, books, and activities are also very expensive. It can be hard to manage funds and save money to pay off loans when the daily cost of living is as high as it is.

A person who is not open to a diverse student population should not attend Seattle University. Seattle University prides itself on having students from many cultural backgrounds and they embrace these differences and incorporate them into all aspects of the university. Students who also do not like urban areas should not attend Seattle University which is right outside downtown Seattle.

Gracie

Seattle University fosters an environment where students are active in social-justice projects, students are involved in an array of service-oriented activities where they can grow as human beings and contribute to the community; it is evident that the mission statement, which claims to empower leaders for a just and human world, is evident through how the professors genuinely care about their students as well as the leadership classes and opportunities SU offers.

I would tell myself to ultimately not fear the unknown. What would make me fully understand this? I would have to bring my trumpet, good ol? Bessie, in the bigger picture. When I accidently play a note that is not on my sheet music, I assume that it was wrong. But, there is no such thing as a ?wrong? note. When you meet people from all different walks of life, whether you are in college or not, everyone has their own rhythm. When you are in college, it is ok to try and find your own rhythm; in the end, all of your experiences, varying from friends you have found or lost, late nights working on papers, conversations with professors, and so much more will be the foundation of your harmony. All of the notes you play connect s to the whole song. Don?t worry if you don?t know your major right away, or if you feel alone from time to time. Everything that you encounter, both the good and the bad, notes that may or not be on the sheet music, will flow and is meant to be part of your life journey.

The worst thing about Seattle University is the price of tution. The bill may deter students from actually attending; they may not be able to get as much financial aid as they would like. Although SU is generous in terms of academic scholarships and grants, it inevitably comes down to how much the students are able to pay for the quality education SU provides.

Tessa

Seattle University is ethnically, racially, religiously, economically diverse; it has a strong focus on the community and academic excellece.

Transitioning into college is a big step in a person's life, it shapes a person and their future career. Before deciding on a school I believe that it is important to make three lists; list one should contain potential majors that the student may want to pursue, list twoshould contain specific values that are important to the student, and list three should contain important location qualities that they want the school to contain. The first list is important because a student should choose a school that has several of the student's potential majors available to them. Many students begin college set on a specific major and then within a year decide to change their major. I believe that making a list of values that are central to who the student is is also important because some schools are better qualified than others to help a student maintain these morals. Lastly, the location of the university is very important because a person cannot be happy unless they enjoy their surroundings. As you can see there are a lot of considerations that need to be taken into consideration before deciding on a university.

Seattle University is a very diverse school that welcomes all races, all religions, and all sexual orientations. I think everyone would feel welcomed at my school, but I think the experience would be most beneficial forpeople who are used to being singled out for being different and want to fit in and find people like themseleves. My school is strongly based in jesuit values and therefore expects students to be welcoming of others, volunteer in the community, have a positive outlook onlife. Lastly, envirnmental protection and being green is very important to my school so environmentalists would like my school.

Seattle University is in the middle of the city, is liberal and close minded, has small class sizes, and is very acedemically based.

Most of my classamates are intelligent, talented, hardworking, and relatively friendly.

If I could go back, I would tell myself that transitioning from high school to college is going to be scary but immensely rewarding. Growing up is a big part of the transition and learning to depend more on yourself and your own thoughts and morals is key, especially in the beginning when you are just meeting people and feel alone. Calling home is not a sign of weakness, instead realize your parents still appreciate being needed and are willing to help or give advice with anything. You will meet people who want to be your friend for exactly who you are, even if you are not quite sure of who that may be. One of the most important things to remember would be that it is all right to not know exactly what you want to do, or where you want your life to end up, college is to help you figure that out. I would tell myself it is okay to let go of some things in the past but keep the memories; just because moving away and growing up may cause some friendships to dift apart, those friends were still important influences in my personal development.

Seattle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.