Seattle University

« See more reviews of Seattle University

I absolutely love the size of Seattle University! Its not to small, and defintely not too big. The best thing about the school is the location, being an urban community is so much fun! There are so many things to do on campus and off that it is never boring and you seriously have the city of Seattle as your playground. The next best thing is the class sizes, as a freshmen, I have not had a class over the size of 30, and all my professors have known me and given me great feedback on papers and tests and it has really helped me to be a better student. People usually consider me kinda of a nerd for going to Seattle and maybe rich, because the tuition is rather steep. But to be honest, they give great financial aid packages and make it affordable, at least for me. The biggest controversies on campus are protests, which are awesome! You feel the energy and compassion of the students in what they believe.

The things that bother me so far about SU are that sometimes the school feels a little too small and that the party scene on and around campus is somewhat hidden; you have to make an effort to get out and meet people if you want to party because its not necessarily going to come to you. SU has an odd mix of really rich people and people who are only going to this school because there received a lot money through loans and grants. SU prides itself on being ethnically diverse, but the term is relative based on where you're coming from. The nice thing about SU is that it is in the center of Seattle, so there is always so much you can do if you feel like getting off campus. The most recent controversy that I cared about had to do with the administration not allowing Barack Obama to speak on campus because they were afraid of coming across as supporting one candidate over another.

Seattle University is all about location. The mission of Seattle U is to educate the whole person and that includes getting involved with the community. Seattle U is located a few bus stops away from the middle of downtown Seattle. The culture of Seattle U is very influenced by the city of Seattle. There are so many programs that immerse students in the neighborhoods around our campus that we can see the two sides of Seattle. There is downtown, which is great shopping and seeing tourists. Then there is the people and the residents of Seattle that you can volunteer with or tutor. Our campus is very small and in some ways that is great. I have been to every building and can walk the length of our campus in ten minutes. Our school blends in with the city itself.

The school is losing sight of the all around mission that is stated as the cornerstone of Seattle University. Teachers are not treated with the respect that they should be, specifically adjunct teachers, who are an integral part of the programs that are offered. In the effort of diversity, there are quite a few students accepted into Seattle University that are in way over their heads academically. That being said, many are given scholarships where they are not truly warranted, and others who would utilize and appreciate assistance are left to their own devices. One should not be embraced because of their race, creed, or religion any more than one should be rejected.

The school is a great little community inside a big busy city. Once you step off campus you're reminded that you're in a big city -- trash on the streets, homeless people, horrible traffic! But stepping on campus, it's quiet, calm, clean, and beautiful! The campus itself is a great location in Seattle, where you can easily walk downtown or to the many music venues in Capitol Hill. Pacific Northwesterners tend to be more cynical than fiercely loyal, so Seattle U doesn't have the most school pride. Sports activities are sporadically attended, even when we win championships. Instead, we're focused more on studies and academics. But I still love my school!

The location of Seattle University is amazing. There is so much diversity in the area. It's right between Capital Hill, Downtown, and the International district. I love the size of the school. The small size make classes much more engaging and allow for a personal relationship with your professors. Everyone is really involved in social justice issues which is really exciting, knowing you're part of a community that really cares and is trying to make a difference. For a Jesuit campus, the administration is surprisingly open minded as far as the programs and speakers allowed on campus. It's a great school!

There's always stuff to do in Seattle. Most people are quite liberal!!!! Totally sweet!! I love the size of SU and the classes. Most are just about between 20 and 30 people. There's tons of stuff to do on campus as well. Sometimes, you forget that you're in the middle of a big city if you live on campus. Take time to explore. The administration is okay. Not the best, but they will hear you out quite well. One thing I'll always remember about SU: The Senior Streak. eeeeeek.

The school is small, which I like but gets awkward if you like to remain anonymous. Everyone is upset that the administration spends so much money building things, but I guess that is going to pay off for incoming classes reading this. The best thing is that it's walking distance from downtown, right next to Capital Hill (alternative lifestyle central), and also close to the international district.

Being located in the the metropolitan Pacific Northwest means every student in this school is within walking distance to great eateries, great shops, and great local organizations. As a school that really stresses social justice, the community at this school finds ways to make sure that students are aware of what's going on in the world and presents many opportunities for students to be involved.

I think Seattle U is a good size, but unfortunately the administration is expanding and growing our university. The best thing about SU is by far the small classes and personal relationship to profs, but we are definately growing, and plan on keeping it that way. It is a great place, but it is expensive.