Seattle University

« See more reviews of Seattle University

Watch out for the requirements of the degree you want! For example, you have no gaurantee for getting into the Nursing department unless you sign-up in the Fall quarter of your Freshmen year--but only if they accept your application at the time you apply for the university itself. You can, of course, take the prerequisites, but if your entry is rejected, very little of your credits will transfer into another degree. The key is to BE aware and STAY aware.

I'm from a smaller town compared to Seattle (the city I'm from is over 200,000 people but doesn't compare to Seattle at all), so the big city element was a little dunting and scary at the beginning. I wish I would have fully known the policy about automobiles on campus for freshman and sophomores, seeing as how those two groups usually aren't granted parking permits due to limited space.

I wish I knew the exact cost of attendance. While Seattle University is an absolutely wondeful campus, the tuition was a bit more than I was expecting (as it is a private college). The college does attempt to give out financial aid but it still seems a bit too much for me and my parents to handle.

I wish I had been more prepared for the living aspect of college. I walk everywhere and don't have a car, have to get my own groceries and be responsible for my study time. I wish I had known how to deal with professors. I wish I had had a better high school education.

I wish I knew about all the free or discounted events. There are so many things to do at SU. There are so many experiences that are at one's finger tips. Shows, concerts, and plays were always discounted for students. I loved that.

The first year of college is easy and managable, over load while you can to get core out of the way. Keeping busy your freshman year will allow you more freedom and more possibilities as an upper classmen.

I wish I had known how challenging the classes would be compared to high school. Also, I wish I had known how to manage my time in a more organized way, especially being an athlete.

I wished I would have realized the study abroad programs are limited. Also all the core classes don't leave students room to pursue interests outside their major.

Before coming to this school, I wish I had known that the Campion bathrooms are THE WORST.

I wish I had known there were so many hills to walk up to get to places on campus.