Sanford, FL
Seminole State College of Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seminole State College of Florida

Desiree

If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I will tell myself not to worry so much. As a high school senior, I constantly worried about passing all my classes and making it to college. I would aslo worry about how difficult college would be and if I would be able to pass college. As a college student, I now realize that college is not as hard I thought it would be. College is challanging and at times difficult, but I would tell myself that I can definately pass as long as I work hard and make sure I do not stress the small stuff.

Anyone willing to learn and have fun doing it.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the classes are only available Monday-Thursday.

Kristin

The advice I would have given myself was to not be scared. The transition from high school to college isn't as big as everyone makes it out to be. I would give myself the advice of using time management skills and also do as well as you can on everything you do because these classes are what give you the degree towards your future.

The type of person that should attend Seminole Community College is the type of person who is trying to get a college education at a cheaper price than a university and also the type of person who is still living at home trying to save money for the future.

What I brag about most while attending Seminole Community College is how much I enjoy having the teachers I've gotten, past and present, and how willing they are to help you with your future and goals.

Christine

My school is convenient to drive to and is affordable for my family.

My school is convenient to drive to and is affordable for my family.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself that college is more expensive than I thought and it would stress my parents out having to help me out. I would have given advice about applying for scholarships sooner and I would have told myself that majors and desires change rapidly. I really wish I would have applied myself more in high school and earlier in college. I only wish I had someone tell me this. Perhaps they did, but I probably didn't listen.

The best thing about my school is the fact that the class size is smaller than a university's.

Lacey

The classmates at this school are just about the same as any other school. There is a diverse group of people attending the school and everyone has the same objective, getting a higher education to better themselves. Everyone is either trying to be a role model for someone else or trying to accomplish a goal that they have set for themselves. You can relate a lot to your fellow classmates.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, knowing the information that I do now about transition, class work, fees, and other factors related to college life, I would have went about things differently. For one I would have spent more time listening to my mother about filling out scholarship applications and taking advantage of free money. Although I felt filling out one form would be enough, I was wrong! When you calculate how much books, tuition, food, labs, and everything cost, you can never have enough money. Especially if you plan to complete all four years of college. Another thing that I would tell myself is to make sure that I don?t wait until last minute to apply to the school that I desire to attend. Sometimes I would rather attend a school in another county or state. If I would have spent more time researching, I would have made the right decision without any regrets or what ifs. In Conclusion procrastination was basically the problem that I had as a senior. If I would have given myself ample time to complete my tasks, my college experience may have turned out differently. .

The only kind of person I feel should not attend this school, would be the person who has no intentions of doing any work and excelling in their daily tasks. If you are not going to school to better yourself , you should stay away. Other than that i feel that everyone should attend this school. The staff really does strive to help you accomplish your goals and that is just what everyone needs.

Catherine

There is definitely a diverse population of students, ranging in ethnicity, social class, education levels, etc.

As far as I know, our Criminal Justice Program and our Automotive Technology Programs are very well known.

If I could go back to senior year, I would definitely tell myself to take college seriously from the beginning. I skipped around in classes alot, "getting a feel for the college life," and I wasted a lot of the free tuition I was receiving. If I had cracked down and thought things through, I could have graduated and been in my Bachelors Program now. I definitely understand now how much of a struggle it is for people to make their own way through college, with no forms of financial aid, and it's really rough. I definitely wish I could go back and remind myself that I need to push a little harder, and give school my full, undivided attention. I've learned my lesson now, but I wish I would have woken up much sooner. Now I'm struggling to stay in school, because I can't afford it on my own any longer. I appreciate being able to learn from my mistakes, but sometimes it would be nice to go back and do it over, not making the same mistakes again.

Kellie

Seminole Community College has not changed in 15 years since I first attened and is a well maintained campus with teachers who care about the student's success.

My classmate are different ages and from all walks of life which makes learning more interesting.

High school is pretty boring for you but hang in because college is a challange. You may think you have it all figured out but you are so far off. Get rid of the chip on your shoulder. Life has not been fair and you have been through hard times as a child and as a teenager. Life gets harder. Education is the only thing that no one can take away from you. People have a different point of view in college than those in high school. College gives you the opportunity to find out who you want to be not just what you want to be. College has more challanges academically and socially. I know you are up to both of those challenges.

Justin

Right now I am taking a class online so my classmates are pretty much just screen names to me. However, I can see their determination to succeed in a different learning environment. Some of them have returned to college after many years and that shows their dedication to receiving an education, no matter how much time has passed and how old they may be. I see that they are just like me, struggling to receive a degree to begin my career and my life. They are just regular people working toward the American dream, hoping for success.

There is so much I wish I could change and tell myself. I wish I would have told myself to take some time to really think my future through. I wish I would have taken more classes at the community college and gotten my general education courses out of the way while I decided what I really wanted to major in. I wish I would have told myself to avoid private institutions and steep college loans. I wish I would have told myself to do more research in the institutions I was interested in. I wish I told myself to focus more on my education then trying to keep a full-time job. I wish I could tell myself to stay on track and not fall behind on the joruney to accomplish my goal of a Bachelor's degree. There is a lot I wish I had done, however, I have learned through experience and struggle and I am using what I learned to right the wrongs and keep faith that one day, hopefully soon, I will reach my goal and begin my life. I see success in my future, regardless of what could have been and what is.

I wish I knew what my options were before jumping into just any school. I wish I avoided attending a private institution and racking up the debts I now owe back to the goverment just for an Associate's Degree. I wish I had attended this community college first and transferred to the state University, which would have been much more affordable. I wish I took more time to figure out what I want to do with my life. I wish I wasn't so behind in reaching my goal of a Bachelor's degree.

My school helps people get in the right direction for their life--while they are more career-oriented than learning-oriented, they help a lot of people help themselves, in order to get where they need to be.

The most difficult thing about going to college is balance--you have to remember where you've come from and how you got to where you are. But at the same time, you have to figure out where you're going and who you want to be in life. If you weigh too heavily on either end of the spectrum, you'll be selling yourself short. I did; I was afraid to let go of where I was in life in high school. I was accepted to a prestigious liberal arts university, but I was afraid to make that leap. It would mean taking a risk financially and leaving behind everything I knew. Now, even though I am happy at community college, I regret not taking advantage of that opportunity. However, I'm applying to art schools that I never dreamed of attending before now, so I can say I've grown through the experience and not all is counted loss. So, my advice to myself is this: let go and leap.

I brag about my art teachers. They're so kind and spunky, and they're always willing to help me. They bring their entire lives to the classroom, and it makes learning so much more real for me and my classmates.

Emerald

Seminole State College is best known for its constant campus improvements. They do whatever they can to make the school a better place.

I would tell myself to study harder in highschool, because college life expects more from you. You have to use your time in highschool to prepare yourself for the work that will be required of you in college.

Seminole State College offers a wide array of program choices for new students. This is great , because it allows students to experiment with different areas of study before making a final decison.

Hussain

Getting good grades is very important in high school including doing well at SCHOOL exams maintaining a good GPA and getting great scores at SAT and ACT. This would allow you to get scholarships and get accepted at some of the best business schools. Without great scores you will end up attending a community college and then the transition from a community level school to a university is tough as the levels of education vary. Its important that time is spent in studying and putting in the effort at school level so that the best possible grades are attained.

There isnt anything worse about my school. We have the best professors in the school and some of the best academic advisors.

A person who has self confidence in becoming successful in their career that they select. Its important to get a good foundation in what you want to aspire to become in the future and this is the opportunity the school provides.

Seminole State College of Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.