Sanford, FL
Seminole State College of Florida

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seminole State College of Florida

My classmates are made up of all different backgrounds and ages. I have some classes with students about my age and others with students older then me. Seminole state doesnt deny anyone and that is a really great thing because the ones who are attending are the ones who are really trying to get an education and not just going to college to party.

Seminole state college is unique because it offers 4 different campus's that you can take your classes at. It has such a wide variety of classes aswell. You can also choose basically anytime to take classes from 8am-7pm from monday through saturdays which is really helpful for those who work. Also they offer almost all the classes online aswell for those with such a busy schedule.

If i had the chance to talk to myself when i was back in high school i would definitely tell myself to actually try harder in school. Looking back now i really regret not taking honors and ap classes because now all my friends are off at bigger universities and i am in a community college trying to get on track with the same classes i took in high school. I just would tell myself to pay attention and do the right thing in life. I know now how important it was to focus on school like the rest of my friends and i really wish i would have because now i am the one missing out on all the fun college experiences like football games, sorieties, clubs, sports, dorms and roommates. I envy everyone who does get that not because i hate them but because i wish i would have tried harder. I would tell myself that school is the most important thing out there and to try harder especially for scholarships because that is one thing that is slowing me down on my education. Basically i would tell myself to straighten up and not slack off as much.

Erik

Seminole State College is like having a university condesed into a local community

My classmates a Seminole State College are everyday people whom are looking for the next level of education for the job world.

Hell, if I had this chance I would take it ASAP. If I was to go back to my highschool years, to inform myself about college life, I would tell myself... To take a full load, because staying at a community college for an extended time is not worth it, because your prolonging your career in the real world. Then, that treating school like it's your job is a better attitude than the one I had, treating it like your full-time job, instead of your part-time education. Being more active in highschool, because networking yourself can come back to help you in college, where study groups and your high school peers are around. Also, that during your summer, it should be your only summer you should be working your ass off, so that you can make ends meet in college through working, scholarships, and finding the right school or plan. And finally that with your new freedom of school, there is literally a price and that make the most of it, because you're throwing your money away. You need to take initiative in your life because you are the only one to run it.

Case

My school focuses on meeting the education requirements of the region where I live, this localization allowes some students if desperate for a class to consider driving a little further across town to take a class they might desperately need. The campuses are located somewhat strategically to serve a rather large population and they also boast the most notable undergraduate research program of any college in the state. The faculty is working to enhance the credibility of the school and its students, they are extremely compassionate and have granted me the opportunity to work in a biotechnology research lab.

Don't give yourself any excuses, you are your own greatest obstacle, not your friends and family. Sleep is important, as is nutrition, do not ignore your bodies basic needs for the mere sake of neglect. Women can be distracting, do not let anyone influence you into making a poor decision, in the end things will become much simpler. Identify poor habits and amend them, college is about learning from your mistakes and correcting them. Everything is clear in retrospect, use your experience to guide your choices, you are wiser than you think, and not nearly as smart as you'd like to think, but this goes for everyone, rise above life's challenges and never shy away from a challenge. Most importantly use this time to develop yourself into a respectable individual, when you are finished you should be able to accomplish anything, use your greatest attribute and emulate that quality in all other attributes, do not leave a single weakness unaccounted for. The most important lessons are learned in college, both from listening to others and on the journey that life takes you, be receptive to the messages you recieve but use discretion, not all advice is good.

My school is trying to fix many of the issues it has regarding lack of communication between staff and faculty. Because it is quickly becoming a larger school almost none of the faculty are familiar with adjunct professors, it is very hard to get questions answered because too much time is spent appeasing newcoming students that are requesting basic information and not enough resources are spent to address the more detailed issues, such as when books will be restocked for a particular class, a very common issue because not enough books are ordered to supply the seats available.

Crystal

Seminole Community College has been an aspiring educational experience for me and I have been very fortunate to have had wonderful professors.

If I could go back and time as a high school Senior, I would defiantly prepare for college better. In high school I graduated with over a 4.2 and worked very hard to maintain straight A?s in my honor classes. However, I had no preparation with college. I was very ignorant and thought that I could just pay for college through my parents and scholarships. I really wish that I had someone in my family or a friend that I knew that had gone to college and could have talked me through the process. After thinking of what I could do differently, I came up with several ideas. I wish I would have applied for more scholarships and followed up with the applications. I also wish that I had figured out which career field that I wanted to go in to early on in my college, so that I could take classes that only pertained to my career field. I also wish that I had started study groups earlier on in my college to help with the work load. Over all, looking back at my decisions I wish I had just been better educated into the college world!!

Before attending school, I wish I had learned more about scholarships and methods to pay for school tuition and books.

My school is open, clean, and the staff is friendly.

My school is open, clean, and the staff is friendly.

My classmates are diverse, friendly, and helpful.

As a high school senior I made some stupid mistakes and allowed my grades to slip. If I could go back to my senior year I would tell myself to focus, make the most out of the year, and really strive for more than mediocre. I made some poor personal decisions too which never in my life would do again. I would tell myself the quote that I had used to live by, "The future belongs to those in the beauty of their dreams." By Eleanor Roosevelt, and I would remind myself of those dreams, remind myself that even though things were rough that my dreams were in reach, as long as I kept reaching for them. My senior year of high school my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer and I lost focus. I would tell myself then that it will all be ok, and to go after my dreams, because my dreams were beautiful.

Terra

As I look back on my senior year, I notice a lot of things that could have been different. I would start off by attend ALL classes on a regular basis and not skipping out on important lecture and decision time. I would also do all assigned material on time and pay close attention to details. Knowing what I know now about college classes and college life, I would have a lot of advice for myself. The first bit of advice would be to always attend class lectures even if they seem irrelevant or boring. If a topic being taught is misunderstood, ask questions. If the teacher or professor cannot answer it right away, they?ll do their best to get back with you. Lastly, I would tell myself to never give up. Try, try, and try, again. You will only fail if you give up and don?t allow someone to help you through the tough times.

The Small campus and there isn't much of anything to do during the day but go to class.

I Brag about how small the classes are and how close the students are with the professors. We all get an equal chance to ask questions in class and the professors always answer the question as best they can.

Nathaniel

Hey Nathan, Don't worry so much things will work out as long as you try your hardest and get adquate sleep, just have fun and focus on school and you'll make it to be me with a little less trouble getting here... and that means doing home work... sorry. Also take the left route, you'll know what I mean when the time comes. I'll see (be) you in two years.

Great Professors and great people overall, the best thing is the general atmosphere provided by these to factors, and i feel comfortable and like I can really learn and grow there.

The lines and parking in the first few weeks of the semester but I guess thats to be expected.

Mervin

My classmates are trying to be successful in life just like I am.

My classmates are trying to be successful in life just like I am.

I would go back and tell my self to stay more focused. Throughout high school I was way more relaxed about school then i should have been. If i had tried harder I would have been able to qualify for a lot of scholarships. I would also tell my self to work on my study skills and time management. If I had worked on both of these issues college life would taste much more sweeter.

I brag about how my teachers are so excellent in what they do. The actually care about your progress in the classes.

Desiree

If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I will tell myself not to worry so much. As a high school senior, I constantly worried about passing all my classes and making it to college. I would aslo worry about how difficult college would be and if I would be able to pass college. As a college student, I now realize that college is not as hard I thought it would be. College is challanging and at times difficult, but I would tell myself that I can definately pass as long as I work hard and make sure I do not stress the small stuff.

Anyone willing to learn and have fun doing it.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the classes are only available Monday-Thursday.

Seminole State College of Florida administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.