Seminole State College of Florida

« See more reviews of Seminole State College of Florida

Don't give yourself any excuses, you are your own greatest obstacle, not your friends and family. Sleep is important, as is nutrition, do not ignore your bodies basic needs for the mere sake of neglect. Women can be distracting, do not let anyone influence you into making a poor decision, in the end things will become much simpler. Identify poor habits and amend them, college is about learning from your mistakes and correcting them. Everything is clear in retrospect, use your experience to guide your choices, you are wiser than you think, and not nearly as smart as you'd like to think, but this goes for everyone, rise above life's challenges and never shy away from a challenge. Most importantly use this time to develop yourself into a respectable individual, when you are finished you should be able to accomplish anything, use your greatest attribute and emulate that quality in all other attributes, do not leave a single weakness unaccounted for. The most important lessons are learned in college, both from listening to others and on the journey that life takes you, be receptive to the messages you recieve but use discretion, not all advice is good.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, knowing the information that I do now about transition, class work, fees, and other factors related to college life, I would have went about things differently. For one I would have spent more time listening to my mother about filling out scholarship applications and taking advantage of free money. Although I felt filling out one form would be enough, I was wrong! When you calculate how much books, tuition, food, labs, and everything cost, you can never have enough money. Especially if you plan to complete all four years of college. Another thing that I would tell myself is to make sure that I don?t wait until last minute to apply to the school that I desire to attend. Sometimes I would rather attend a school in another county or state. If I would have spent more time researching, I would have made the right decision without any regrets or what ifs. In Conclusion procrastination was basically the problem that I had as a senior. If I would have given myself ample time to complete my tasks, my college experience may have turned out differently. .

Dear Self, Right now you are probably helping Tony do his physics homework, or tutoring a freshman afterschool with what is to you, easy Spanish grammar concepts. You're doing good things Mitra, but I have to break something of extreme importance to you because the fruits of your nonlabor have not been enjoyed. Are you ready? Here goes. It's time to enjoy something for yourself. You have focused too much time on helping others and attending to others' needs to make them happy, but you have neglected to smile, laugh and be happy. Enjoy something now because when you become who I am today, it's not a pretty sight. You have forgotten how to enjoy life and it has cost you a great fortune. Frankly, right now you spend more time appeasing other people's problems than enjoying the moments that highschool has given you to be happy about. Go out. Break something. Go to Steve's birthday party, but be smart. Have fun and be happy because you can enjoy that sweet fruit of nostalgia when you're slogging through Monday morning calculus in college. So, create those memories Mitra. Just trust me. Sincerely, Yourself

I hope your going to college as soon as you get out of Aviation High. I understand you are unsure of what you intend to study but there are many options for students like you. Community Colleges offer great programs for students who want to get their foot into college but who may not be ready for the commitment of a 4- year university or cannot afford it right away. Many of these community colleges also offer Majors in Liberal Arts which allows you to explore the many subjects offered in universities if you find yourself confused or undecided in choosing a major. There is no need to take time off from school when you have so many options and people in the colleges willing to guide you. Financial Aid and scholarships are always available and it is to your advantage that you stay on top of them. Get more involved in school by joining different programs, clubs, and activities; These all help you for future scholarships, internships and networking as well. Soon enough you will realize that its not just what you do but also who you know that will bring you a step closer to achieving your goals.

Our self-representation, the way we define who we are, takes a role in shaping our life story. What we remember, what we stress as significant, and what we omit of our pass define our present. “Life gives us the test, and then teaches us the lesson.” If there was a way we could go back, anyway that would let us advice ourselves what we know now, a lot would change. Put to practice our wisdom right when life presents us with a test. Senior year, an age where you think you know it all. Truthfully, you have not experienced half of all the responsibilities, life changing events, and difficulties life gives us. I would advise my senior 18 year old self to appreciate what I have, to enjoy the little things, like, only going to school, having your parents support you financially, being able to go out every weekend, having one chapter test, having a research paper due in three months instead of three days, and not having a full-time job. Just feeling young and thinking you have the rest of your life to do whatever you want. Accept change, live life, dream big, and be happy.

When I was a high school senior I believed that starting college would bring me freedom and independance., in retrospect I couldn't have been more wrong. Having supported myself throught my education I have struggled to balance jobs, education and the special few hours I keep for myself. Could it be possible to go back in time and talk to myself, I would encourage myself to do everything possible in order to remain with family. In addition to this I would warn myself of the dangers of living life to quickly. I never made time for reflection on what I was doing and consequently ended getting into a lot of bad habits and associating with the wrong sort of people for a long time before I realized that life can't go on this way, some people don't want to change and most importantly that my goals could not be accomplished while partaking in these inappropriate activities. But after all these things I wasn't prepared for in all honesty I don''t think I would wanht to change them because they are a big part of who I am and the dedicated student I have evolved into.

Hell, if I had this chance I would take it ASAP. If I was to go back to my highschool years, to inform myself about college life, I would tell myself... To take a full load, because staying at a community college for an extended time is not worth it, because your prolonging your career in the real world. Then, that treating school like it's your job is a better attitude than the one I had, treating it like your full-time job, instead of your part-time education. Being more active in highschool, because networking yourself can come back to help you in college, where study groups and your high school peers are around. Also, that during your summer, it should be your only summer you should be working your ass off, so that you can make ends meet in college through working, scholarships, and finding the right school or plan. And finally that with your new freedom of school, there is literally a price and that make the most of it, because you're throwing your money away. You need to take initiative in your life because you are the only one to run it.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to take life serious, stop wasting time chasing the things that will not serve a good purposes tomorrow. I would tell myself to quit hanging in the club all night while my homeworks remain undone and have finals to take the following days. Life in college has taught me that education is not just a preapration for life, and make plenty of money, but education is life itself , education opens many closed doors , education takes people to places they never thought they could ever go to, education makes all those dreams and goals become a reality. As a senior in high school, we may never grasp the power of education, we may never understand how strong of a weapon that such lifetime investment is., but as we grow older, and we get in life on our own and it starts throwing many punches at us, we learn to appreciate what we mistreated for so long when we were teenagers. Lastly, I would tell myself to never give up and never surrender no matter how hard it gets.

If i had the chance to talk to myself when i was back in high school i would definitely tell myself to actually try harder in school. Looking back now i really regret not taking honors and ap classes because now all my friends are off at bigger universities and i am in a community college trying to get on track with the same classes i took in high school. I just would tell myself to pay attention and do the right thing in life. I know now how important it was to focus on school like the rest of my friends and i really wish i would have because now i am the one missing out on all the fun college experiences like football games, sorieties, clubs, sports, dorms and roommates. I envy everyone who does get that not because i hate them but because i wish i would have tried harder. I would tell myself that school is the most important thing out there and to try harder especially for scholarships because that is one thing that is slowing me down on my education. Basically i would tell myself to straighten up and not slack off as much.

If I could go back and time as a high school Senior, I would defiantly prepare for college better. In high school I graduated with over a 4.2 and worked very hard to maintain straight A?s in my honor classes. However, I had no preparation with college. I was very ignorant and thought that I could just pay for college through my parents and scholarships. I really wish that I had someone in my family or a friend that I knew that had gone to college and could have talked me through the process. After thinking of what I could do differently, I came up with several ideas. I wish I would have applied for more scholarships and followed up with the applications. I also wish that I had figured out which career field that I wanted to go in to early on in my college, so that I could take classes that only pertained to my career field. I also wish that I had started study groups earlier on in my college to help with the work load. Over all, looking back at my decisions I wish I had just been better educated into the college world!!