Seminole State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Seminole State College

Tiana

SSC is a really good college if you want to start off doing the AA degree and then moving onto an university. You have the groups of bad teachers, but most of the teachers I've had were really nice and very understanding if you need something. I mostly do online classes, so the teachers I've had so far were quick to respond to my question and all layout what assignments are due soon and such.

Yamaris

I enjoy attending Seminole State College as it caters to the smaller classes and is able to help the student on a personal level. They also offer online courses and that is a plus if you are a working student. As an online student myself I found that professors are always finding ways to engage with you and help you with additional information such as articles and fun information they find. There are also very open in their introductions when the semester begins, allowing you as the student to feel welcome and in a safe environment to ask questions and concerns.

Yajaira

The teachers are very helpful and care for your success. The class sizes are good and not crowded. Classes are easy to find. Security on campus always visible and easily approachable. Parking is good, well lighted areas.Classes are very easy to enroll and the schedules are flexible.

Maerissa

It is a good campus. Lots of diversity.

Maud Public

I started Seminole State College as a concurrent student when I was 16. All of the instructors and staff have been more than willing to assist me in any way that they can. They want to see you to learn as much as possible and help you to succeed. Student life is typical of any wonderful college, students are friendly, helpful, and excited to learn. SSC is great place to begin your college education.

Lisa

Seminole State College was a wonderful school. The faculty and staff were approachable. Classes were small enough for debate and groups. Teachers made assignments clear and were available for questions.The facilities were clean. Technology was up to date. I would and have recommended this school to others.

Lauryn

Good two year school for transitioning into a major university.

Shyniah

Seminole State college is a great school to attend, whether going concurrent or incoming Freshmen. The class sizes are not too crowded so you are available to ask questions for classroom discussion. The teachers are always available (via. email) which is great when you are needing help outside of classroom hours.

Tamia

Seminole State college is a college that is very good for college life especially if you are not ready for university life yet. All the teachers are willing to help you with your academics and understanding, especially with the guidance counselors. However they are not always available , but you can ask your teachers for a second option to be a little bit more helpful.

Montana

This is a very good college for everyone. Seminole State College is the perfect college for those who maybe are not ready for a four year university and want to start college but maybe do not know what major they want to go in. Perhaps some students are local, and are not ready for a long travel quite yet for other campuses. Maybe the student does know exactly what they want and getting an associates is the first big step to go into bigger colleges. This campus creates a positive atmosphere as the professors and staff want what is best for the students. For a small town like Seminole the campus is not cramped and has a very scenic campus with gazebos and flowers just about everywhere. This college is a good first step without the overwhelming worry of where ones classes are, cause there is only about six buildings right next to each other.

gena

I love Seminole State College in Seminole Oklahoma, it's not too small, but its not so big that you get lost in the crowed. you know all your professors very well, class sizes aren't over whelming. There is always someone there to help and there are plenty of groups on campus that will help with any problems you are having with either academics or your personal life.

Montana

Since I had been in a program (Upward Bound) that allowed me to be on the actual campus during my high school career's (all four summers) I can honestly say the campus is a comfy kind of professional. I liked the idea of having to walk on the other side of campus for a class instead of dreading the idea because of how much space and fresh air you actually get is very refreshing. The classes seem to be about 27 at most, which is enough for me to relax knowing that if I need help the professors can easily tell me when I could discuss issues I am having either after class, via email, or their office hours. It's honestly one of the safest feeling campuses I think you could step foot on. The parking is kind of cramp, but if you are anything like me I don't mind the walk from the other side of campus. This school is meant for people who are beginning the college experience regardless of one's age. Help is literally in every corner and it's perfectly okay to ask for help. This college is a very nice, comfortable, and professional college.

I’ve never wanted to attend Seminole State growing up because it was so close to my home, but then I realized it’s more affordable than other colleges therefore I decided to give it a shot. I am currently in my second semester at Seminole State and I honestly love it. The professors and faculty are so nice. It’s more one on one learning with the professors because the college is not too big. My biggest class that I’ve had was probably 25+. Overall, I love it, not too big, not too small.

Thayna

It is a great school overall, the tuition is really affordable. They offer scholarships, they have a tutoring center designed for students to learn and review. There are many clubs and they are open-minded, everybody is welcomed. You can tell faculty members go above and beyond for the most part for you.

Suzanne

I enjoy the college. I wish there were more extra-curricular activities aside from athletics to do, such as clubs and such for a variety of different interests. The campus is clean and the professors are nice! I also wish we had more parking, but overall I think the college is a good place to get your basic requirements finished before transferring to a four-year university.

Andrew

Seminole State College is a great school to be able to complete your basic classes before transferring to a four year university. I am currently attending for concurrent enrollment while I complete my senior year of high school. It is a good place to dip your feet into college life.

Deelan

I think it’s a great school. They really made the remodel nice so makes the campus look more beautiful and inspires me to learn.I have always thought the school was big and a little bit intimidating but I learn to love it as I went along if I had to pick the school I’m glad I chose Seminal State

bianca

The classrooms are small and familiar. The teachers are all easily accessible and willing to help. It is a great place to get your basics. The dorms are okay but not great. The food is okay but not great. Everyone is friendly though, and it is worth everything for the relationships that I have made there.

Parker

Seminole State College is a great school for those who want discounted tuition rates and small classes. Seminole State Offers Lots of flexibility in terms of scheduling and class availability. If you are unsure about where to start your continuing education journey, Seminole State College is for you.

Erin

My overall opinion about Seminole State is that you are free, whether you are a freshman or not. The classes are just about the average class size, they are not too big or small, the professors and faculty are very well organized and helpful. The students take pride in what they do to make it fun for everyone.

Jaymes

Seminole State College is a fine university, I recommend it to anyone who wants a degree with a reasonable price. If money is no object, you should go somewhere else. I mainly recommend this college for its direct connect path to UCF, which offers more degrees.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!