South Orange, NJ
Seton Hall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seton Hall University

Fixed  rate loan

Kristie

I have loved every part of my experience at Seton Hall so far. Academically, I have not had an issue getting extra help in classes whether from the campus tutoring center or from Professors themselves. There are plenty of opportunities to receive tutoring on campus. Socially, Seton Hall is a commuter school so it is important to get involved from the beginning as to meet people. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved from Greek Life to intramural sports and a lot of students are involved in more than one organization/club on campus. The cafe food is decent but it is important to get creative with what is made in the cafe as to add variety to meals and the residence halls are average. Overall, if you take advantage of what the school has to offer, I would recommend it!

Kah

I have been going to this school for the past year and I feel like I know the strengths and weaknesses of the school very well. First the campus food is sub-par. Don't expect to be served 5-star food. It's a pretty safe school, but that's only because it's based in a safe city, however, if you walk about 2-3 blocks down the block, your encountering something you don't want to be involved with. As far as academics, it's alright. We get a lot of professors and people who come to the campus to speak. The professors are okay but you might have some you would give a 1-star on Rate My Professor! Overall, the school is what you make it. By the way, the school is an average school for science-related majors but a great school for business and communication majors.

John

I cannot recommend going to Seton Hall. I graduated from this school years ago and I never got an interview or job as a result of graduating from Seton Hall. The school does not do anything to help you get a job and the career center is pathetic. The career center is staffed mainly with students who have never had a real job in life and have no contacts to help you get a job. The jobs they have listed are mainly entry-level low paying teaching jobs. Don't believe me? Ask to see the jobs they have listed in the career center and you'll see how awful the jobs are that they have listed. And today the school costs more than $50,000 a year for tuition and room and board. It does not make any financial sense to spend over $200,000 for a Bachelor's degree that only gets you a job making $35,000 or less. You are way better off financially going to a state school and saving your money especially since there is no advantage to graduating from Seton Hall.

sam

My first year at seton hall I was nothing but miserable. It’s hard to communicate with anyone in administration, bursar, work study, etc. and the guest policies for dorms are ridiculous The cafeteria is subpar at the most and the campus feels more like a jail than a campus. Over half the people I met will be transferring or are considering it.

I love my academic journey. The network is huge among this school and throughout the state. I have had plenty of opportunities with this university. The ability that I have obtained to gain knowledge, apply to other classes and life decisions and events has evolved tremendously throughout my time as a college student. This evolution can only get bigger and stronger.

Isabella

There is room for improvement, but the student body is super friendly and the professors are very passionate about their jobs. It is also a very expensive school, which may discourage people to attend - hence the reason I am seeking scholarships to pay for my nursing fees.

Ana

Even from being from Washington State, it's home to me and the professors and faculty kinda feel like a new family. We take care of each other at Seton Hall, yes the food might not be fresh, but the company makes us for it. The opportunities are endless here, a student just has to go grab it, in the internships, work study, and the amazing networking we have. I'll let you on a little secret, we love basketball @SetonHall #gopirates

Melanie

I love it here. Great opportunities and culture. Professors are extremely dedicated.

Coming to Seton Hall University had to have been one of my largest lapse's in judgement to date. While we have academic programs that are looked upon favorably in the professional world, campus life is essentially non-existent and you will not receive any form of memorable college experience. If you see college as simply getting in and getting out with a degree then SHU is fine for you, but if you want to have fun and be happy during your 4 years then I would advise you choose another college or university.

JP

I loved the Seton Hall Psychology Department and Program! The professors were so amazing and genuinely care about you.

Seton Hall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.