South Orange, NJ
Seton Hall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seton Hall University

Fixed  rate loan

Milvi

Prioritize and focus. That's the advice I would give to my high school self. I used to be a defiant and idealistic girl, always wanting to volunteer more than I could afford. As a result, my GPA dropped to a 3.8, and while that was still a pretty decent grade, it wasn't good enough for the likes of Georgetown or Princeton. I realized that to get the scholarships and admittance to attend quality universities, I should have focused more on my grades rather than my extended volunteer list. After all, one of the priorities every university looks at is the GPA. Another factor that inhibited my chances of getting into an ivy league school is the fact that I chose quantity over quality. I applied to 15 universities during my senior year, stretching myself too thin when writing multiple essays for each university. I lacked focus. What I should have done was apply for 5 schools, each ranging from my dream school to safety net. If I had prioritized my actions and focused on them, I believe I would have gotten into my dream university.

The worst aspect about Seton Hall University is its location. While it's only a 35 minute train ride into New York City, it costs $13.50 roundtrip. This dissuages most students from visiting the city, who instead opt for staying within South Orange. While SO is quite the picturesque town, the criminal violence in neighboring Newark has started to seep into SO. Students usually get an email alert every month, which describes the usual gunpoint theft and violence students experience. Students are thus left stranded within campus walls after dark and usually end up having uneventful nights.

Although Seton Hall offers a generous amount in scholarships, it also costs over $33,000 in scholarships and university fees alone (excluding room & board, text books, and miscellaneous expenses). This makes it hard to cover the entire costs of attending Seton Hall University for lower to middle income students. Although I had a 3.8 GPA average in high school, I was surprised and am frustrated that I will probably end up taking out $30,000 in loans total after my four years at Seton Hall.

Ashanti

This school is an excellent with a great nursing program.

This school is an excellent with a great nursing program.

Seton Hall is a great school because you get to exprience a little bit of everyhting while focusing on your college career. Seton Hall is a Roman Catholic school that has every hope on you succeeed in this school . They have 24/7 educators who are able and willing to help you when help is needed. I love this school & i would recommended it to anyone!

rebecca

Seton Hall is a melting pot, where students with all types of backgrounds and interests come to live together and learn together for four great years.

The best advice that a soon-to-be college student can recieve is "follow your heart." As corny as it sounds, it is important to go into college with a clear idea of who you are and what you are passionate about. Do not let other people's expectations for you cloud your vision. These are the only four years of your life that you will have to choose your future, so make sure that you choose to do whatever makes you happy. If you are doing what you love, you will be successful.

As a student at Seton Hall, you will never feel like a little fish in a big pond. All of the professors and advisors on campus are so helpful; they all truly care about each student's success. As a student here, you will never be left behind or misguided. Every student at Seton Hall will leave their four years of college with a unique, and personalized experience.

I would tell myself to take education more seriously. I was a good student in high school, but it came easily to me. I never invested much time in studying or signing up for honors courses. I was a good student, however if I would have put forth more effort I could have been an excellent student. Also, I would tell myself not to wait to go to college. I waited two years after I graduated to attend college because I thought I could not attend and take care of my baby. I know now it was just an excuse, and if I would have went as soon as I graduated high school, I would have already earned my degree. Looking back now I see there were many decisions I could have made to make my life easier, but I think I am doing an excellent job even with making mistakes.

Shemanda

Very welcoming and willing to help.

Very welcoming and willing to help.

Don't be afraid to go out and meet new people. College is the time for networking, so get out there and join clubs. In college there more opportunities to do fun things so try not to get too distracted from the fact that you went to college for an education.

Friendly students, welcoming vibe, and the many clubs to join.

Jake

As a high school senior, I wouldn't have change much. Senior year was my best year acedemicly and I didn't do much fooling around. The one thing that I would say to myself as a high school senior is that I should have applied for scholarships starting in high school. The cost of college is very overwhelming and by not starting to fill out scholarships in high school, I have put myself in a hole to be in a huge amount of debt after graduating. As for the transition to college itself, I feel that I made a great move from high school to college and that there isn't much that I would do differently. The transition was very smooth and I feel that I prepared myself well in high school for what was to come in college.

Seton Hall is the type of college for students who would like to be a big fish in a small pond. It is very easy to meet people and the campus size allows for great relationships. A person looking to attend this school should be willing to get a good education as well as developing new friendships. If you like the city, this school is also good because it is only 20 mins from New York City.

People should not look to attend Seton Hall if they are expecting a huge campus and just looking to go to parties. The campus itself is safe, but the surrounding area is not that great, so if you are looking for a safe environment outside of campus, I would not suggest this school.

Anne

I enjoy goingtomy school because i've grown academically and socially as a person. The academics at Seton Hall is quite excellent especially for the science, nursing, business and diplomacy departments. The university is so culturally diverse that you get to learn about different kinds of people and expand your horizon on various ideas about life. I also have madefriendships that I do know will probably last me a lifetime. I have already made contacts for the future. I really have gained alot and love this school.

I think the best thing aabout my school is how close the campus is. We are like a big family, everyone knows everyone and are polite.

I usually talk about our science labs, sport teams, surrounding area and the friendliness of the students that go here.

Meghan

My college experience has displayed the quick changes that occur in business and has dramatically improved my tolerance and ability to work with other people. It has also been valuable in networking with individuals who know where to find the key, that belongs to the door on the road to success. It has motivated me to try harder to acheive my goals and showed me where to look to find the rocks through the fog to know how to avoid many pitfalls in business.

Earlene

Seton Hall University has the diversity of an urban area coupled with the singularity of a private university that is truly dedicated to their students.

I can not imagine myself not attending college. I want to be able to speak the language of business, one that my mother only surfaced on despite her achievements, as she did not attend college. With my business degree, I am certain that I will be able to become fluent in the language that will allow me to connect to others who also strive to speak it. One day, I hope that Juana & Gloria’s Restaurant, my mother's self-owned business, will be able to expand its doors beyond the corner where it lies. That is my goal, and as my mother has proven to me, it will require a lot of sacrifice, a lot of attention, and a lot of love, all of which I know I will only be able to accomplish through an extensive dedication to my collegiate years, not only academically, but through a persistent network of amazing people. In my time at school, I am fortunate to have learned a lot, experienced plenty, and grown individually, all of which only continues day by day.

A person that is looking for the feel of a large campus, a less individualized academic curricula, and a more extensive place to socialize/ attend non-academic activities.

Alivia

Recently, I have become PTK president. This is a big accomplishment for me. If I had not gone to classes, tried my best, and got great grades, I could not have been invited to Phi Theta Kappa. If I was never invited, I would have never been offered such a prestige position! I am grateful and honored. Being a part of PTK has helped me overcome fear of speaking in front of large groups, and it is helping me become a strong leader. My college experience has been hands-on. In science labs, in speech courses, and in my other classes that require team work and creativity outbursts. Besides the classes, I have attended get-togethers and worked in community service projects. I have gained tremendous amounts of experience by working these events. I have gained experience in team work, leadership, fellowship, and I have learned things such as the importance of community service, teamwork, being involved, and valuing other's opinions. I am a growing business leader and I will take advantage of each day I attend college, club events, PTK, and other community involvement.

Seton Hall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.