South Orange, NJ
Seton Hall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seton Hall University

Fixed  rate loan

Alivia

Recently, I have become PTK president. This is a big accomplishment for me. If I had not gone to classes, tried my best, and got great grades, I could not have been invited to Phi Theta Kappa. If I was never invited, I would have never been offered such a prestige position! I am grateful and honored. Being a part of PTK has helped me overcome fear of speaking in front of large groups, and it is helping me become a strong leader. My college experience has been hands-on. In science labs, in speech courses, and in my other classes that require team work and creativity outbursts. Besides the classes, I have attended get-togethers and worked in community service projects. I have gained tremendous amounts of experience by working these events. I have gained experience in team work, leadership, fellowship, and I have learned things such as the importance of community service, teamwork, being involved, and valuing other's opinions. I am a growing business leader and I will take advantage of each day I attend college, club events, PTK, and other community involvement.

Patrick

Small school, based on religion that delivers a quality eductiona

Small school, based on religion that delivers a quality eductiona

This school is know for the quality of education that they deliver, which is the most important reason to me to select them.

I have gotten a lot of different things so far from my college experience so far. The first things is I have started to learn about being independent in a way I never understood while still living with my parents with this also comes a new understanding of responsibilities. I also have been learning so much more from the education front as well as being a part of a small community where helping others that have not been as Fortunate as I the local area.

Jalisa

My college experience has been a good one, in the sense that my mistakes and the people that have come into my life have opened my eyes. I see the world for what it is and I have also become closer to God, throughout my journey. I never would have thought I would have found who I was as a person and the person I tend to be. Though I am not a fan of my school, I am thankful for what it has shown me and allowed me to see.

Before attending SHU, I wish I knew how the campus body was. Yes, the school is very diverse but everyone is in a clique, within their own ethnic backgrounds and etc. Also it is rare to run into a nice, genuine person, or even a polite person. Also this school tries to get whatever it can from you money wise, you have to pay for everything and looking around I don't see where my tuition is going. Simply this school is not wort the money, also the surrounding neighborhood is unsafe.

A person who likes there safety as well as a person who wants a good college expreince. The first week of school it was fun and people were friendly, but the cliques were formed and that is when everything started. This school is for the bratty individuals as this is what the school is already filled with. Do not get me wrong the school is good but has no genuine vibe or feeling to it. I would not recomend this school to anyone, because it has highly disappointed me.

Leticia

My college experience has been an exciting experience. I attend two classes that are essential for my intended career path. I've learned to apply writing techniques in my writing class, and have better practice in my math studies.

melissa

I think that I've learned a lot so far. Many of the classes have very good dicussions that make you think and somethimes even change your mind on issues. I love that its so diverse I have gotten to know all types of differnet people. I've only been at SHU for a short time but I hope to get even more out of my experience in the next few years.

I wish they would have told me how hard it would be to get an appointment anywhere. Also about the useless core class that we would have to take like University Life and Journey of Transformation.

Pretty much anyone its a very diverse school. It not small of a school most of the classes are a decent size

Rhiannon

My school is a highly exclusive private Catholic university that offers it's students the best possible education through one on one sessions with proffessors and small classes taught by only the best qualified teachers.

My school is unique because it is very small and therefore you get the attention that you require in the classroom and you develop relationships with your proffessors which creates not only a comfortable learning enviroment but offers you the help you may require.

As a Creative Writing major I have learned useful methods of writing to further my skills. I have been able to enter my writing into the Writing Center so that it can be proof-read and I have been given useful tips on how to write not only fiction but essays, too. One on one sessions with professors and those in the Writing center is the best possible way for me to learn how to write properly.

Alejandra

I've learned to be a lot more resposible with the thing I do. I have also learned that everything I do has a consequence wheter it be good or bad. I am now a lot more independent and have realized it takes hard work to move forward in life and I feel I am doing so. I feel college is valuable to attend because, I grew up with not much to show but, I know with time things I am learning now will pay off. School has always been something I've enjoyed, and with all the opportunites such as volunteer work or community service done by on-campus organizations I feel I am helping out more with my community.

Jillian

The nursing and diplomacy majors are extremely competitive. It is also very convenient for people in ROTC because they do physical training, classes, and labs at the Seton Hall campus. There is diversity in ethnic backgrounds as well.

I have realized that Seton Hall is not for me and that it is too expensive to not be in love with the school. I have met some interesting people and was exposed to different types of people. I also realized that the "big named" schools are not necessarily better than the other institutions.

A lot of what is said at orientation is not completely true and it is apparent that it a business out to make money. Things change once Seton Hall has you as a student. Many of the students are extremely well off and let the few who are there on academic scholarship know how many houses their parents have. The education for the criminal justice students and CORE class are not better than at any other colleges.

Angelica

During my college experience, i have learned that college is way different than high school. In high school, many people are part of there own clicks, there is very few culture and not much friendlyness, while in college everyone if friendly, everyone is all over the place and there is much more culture. In college, everybody is on their own, there isint man people to lend you a hand or to walk you through your experience while in high school, one has there own counslers and mentours that help one make their own choice. College is a taste of the real world, something most of us are not ready for.

alysha

My experience at Seton Hall has been a interesting one, I have personally met many great people and have made a ton of memories already and I am only in my second year of school. But of course being from a single parent home the financial aspect has been very hard. The school is pretty expensive in order to attend here along with dorming expenses, and financial aid as much as they want to help there is not enough aid for everyone, so it can become stressful if it is something that you need to worry about. But I would not trade my experience that I have had here for anything, because I am constantly learning about myself and others so I can say that has been valuable enough for me to want to attend here.

I feel the best thing about being at this school is that you meet all different type of people, which allows you to be able to find a friend in someone. Everyone always wants to have a good time if it on or off campus. And generally people are friendly.

Clicks seem to form between greeks, jocs and others at times.

Seton Hall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.