South Orange, NJ
Seton Hall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seton Hall University

Fixed  rate loan

shamika

The place to go if you want to have a successful career and future.

The place to go if you want to have a successful career and future.

I have gotten that you should always go above and beyond. I have also learned that you should never let go of your dreams. Stick to them and strive to achieve them even if others are against you. It has been valuable to me because I aspire to own my own business and I will need that drive to be successful.

That it is in a quiet non-college town. I wish the town and residents were more college friendly.

Andrew

I have benefited greatly from my college experience. I have learned more then I could have imagined and see myself being successful in the future because of this school. I have a good social life and have quite a few life long friends.

The price of tuition because it is nearly not affordable and I do not feel they offer enough financial aid.

The business program and the job opportunities after graduation.

I have gained a lot of independence from being at college and learned to be more responsible for myself. In highschool I was always able to slide by without studying. However, once I got to college I realized I had to be more accountable for myself and study the materials given to me. I also learned to be more outgoing. Many of my classes require participation, in the past I would have just sat in class and let my classmates speak. Now, I speak up and voice my opinions in class. I have become much more well rounded since attending college and hope to be able to attend graduate school to obtain my doctorate.

The best thing is the small classes, it is easy to find people in your major and many are willing to steer you in the right direction.

Someone who is interested in one of the specialty schools, such as the business school, school of diplomicy, or nursing school. The other majors do not get a lot of attention and you need to struggle to get an advisor to give you advice. Internships are hard to find through the school, classes you need for your major are not always offered, and the professors are hard to get to know.

Jenna

Freshman year of college, I was stepping into a world of uncertainty with no idea of what I wanted to pursue, absolutely no independency, and incredibly poor organizational skills. When I began my first year my mentality and opinion of college was that it was a waste of time and money, and that I had what it took to start a career without years of school. Fortunately my perception drastically changed, as well as, many aspects of my own personality. College has given me a since of pride, motivation for making goals, and an incredibly positive outlook on life. In my experience college isn?t solely about a grade; it is a crucial step in preparation for a fulfilling career, a balanced life, and the drive to keep pushing through every obstacle without giving up. If it wasn?t for the time that I have spent taking courses so far I perhaps would have never been exposed to the subjects that create passion in my life such as psychology, philosophy, and a majority of the humanities courses.

Evelina

The school is known for their business school. Students are eager to learn and do well that the school is ranked top 10.

Out of my college experience, I have gotten out a lot. I learned to take my education seriously and that it is not a joke. Friends come and go; you make a lot of them. Some will remain friends and some will stop talking to you. You truly realize who your true friends are. It is said that college is the greatest years of your life - and it truly is. You learn so much in a matter of time and the time just flies by. I believe it is valuable to attend Seton Hall because it is a Catholic University. If it was not so much religion focused, the price would most likely be reasonable.

Anyone who is willing to learn and be academically focused should go to Seton Hall. They do not discriminate anyone.

Aa'Ishah-Muneerah

I had what I was told was a full four-year academic scholarship when I was recruited. I didn't find out about all the loopholes and exceptions until after I was enrolled.

I got my degree and I learned how to overcome in the face of bigotry.

When I was at Seton Hall in the mid '80s there was a lot of racial and anti-catholic bias, and there were students who were deliberately sabotaged by bigotted faculty members.

Ariel

Seton Hall University is a prestigious, diverse, tight-knit community whose main objective is to instill in its students growth of the mind both academically and spiritually.

College itself is a paradigm shift for everyone. It takes one out of his or her comfort zone and causes one to adapt to new living styles and habits. I am from Baltimore, Maryland and although quite comfortable at home and fearful of the unknown as any normal person would be, I knew that I had to go to school away from home for my own personal growth. Living and attending school at home is naturally more comfortable. I depended on my parents for many things and many unknown answers. I even took on their political, religious, and world views. By moving away it allowed me to experience life for myself and gain my own opinions and views. Seton Hall University is a very diverse campus in every sense. I have met many differnt types of people and without judgment have been able to gain an understanding of people from all types of backgrounds whether ethnic, socioecnomic, and/or creed. College has taught me to be more of an individual, to think for myself, and to see situations in a new light.

The worst thing about Seton Hall University is that lack of school spirit and devotion by its students. The school is very much a commuter school and by this I mean that most students attend for academic purposes only, so when the weekend arrives they all go home (typically somewhere in New Jersey) about their business. For someone like myself who comes to New Jersey from Baltimore, Maryland, it is unfortunate to be on a generally vacant campus from week to week.

Rebecca

I really like how there are many different buildings on campus for each major. It may seem like a small school, but there are so many buildings that it feels like you are in your own little world. We take a lot of pride in our basketball team along with the other sports offered here. We have small classes and it really help grab the attention of the student. I also loved how the Nursing program was highly exalted. SHU prides themselves of having a great Nrursing program so that is what helped me choose SHU over the other schools.

If I went nback to highschool to talk to my senior self, I would tell her that making the decision about wehich college to attend was not that difficult. Inside she a;lready knew which one she wanted to go. Plus, I would tell her that the major she chose was a great field because she has met a lot of professors that will inspire her. I will tell her not to be anxious about leaving her friends because she will stay in touch with a lot of them and make so many more at school; Being from another state makes it so much more interesing! I would tell her not to worry about missing her family or her boyfriend because the commute to the school is not that much and sometimes she can go to see him on the weekend in the city. Lastly, I would tell her not to stress out about the classes because although they are a bit difficult, high school has taught her well and fully prepared her for the start of her college career.

If the person like a huge campus, this is not the place for them. It is smaller than other campuses but SHU is a small, private school so that's what you get. Also, if they are looking for a wild party school, this is not the one either. People should not come here if they do not want to get involved because getting involved at SHU is a big deal. We like to volunteer and have different activities to do at night, when we aren't studying or doing homework.

sidra

What does every high school student want to hear? The ideal answer: Yes! Of course! You are completely correct! I know that is what I wanted to hear. I thought I knew it all! Growing up, every person realizes the mistakes they made and sometimes regret not listening to the people that tried to talk some sense into them. However, if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to keep doing exactly what I am doing. The process of hearing and accepting other people's advice helped me grow as a person and realize that there is more to know know compared to all that I claim to already know. The only change I would want to instill in myself is to learn that time managment really is important as everyone says it is. I would also tell myself to keep listening to other people's advice, but still do what my heart desires, after all, that is how I ended up completing this survey!

The education and the people you will meet!

The people, the basketball team, the campus, the education, the oppurtunities

With the small class size you qickly get to know your classmates. Everyone is very helpful towards one another and will to for study groups and help each other out.

Seton Hall is within walking distance to the train station and only a short train ride away from New York City. Which makes it ideal for a day trip with friends. Seton Hall is also a relatively smaller school, so you easily get to know the professors and other students in your classes. Almost all of the teachers are willing to help you reach your potential.

Everyone wishes they could travel back in time. If I had this opportunity I would return to my senior year in high school and tell myself what I now know about college. The first piece of advice I would tell myself would be to get involved. Join Greek life, a sport, a club, anything to give yourself the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. When you surround yourself with people who have similar interests as you, you will find that you will have more fun and enjoy college so much more. Also while it is important to have fun and meet new people, stay focused. You are there to get an education and do well in your classes. Learn to manage your time wisely, this way you can excel in your classes as well as develop new, everylasting friendships.

Seton Hall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.