South Orange, NJ
Seton Hall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seton Hall University

Fixed  rate loan

Anthony

A small school with a decent social life, nice campus, and a great academic environment.

I would tell myself to focus on grades and apply to a variety of schools to give myself options of what school I would prefer to attend and how much debt I would incur. I would also tell myself to not be afraid to attend a community college if my options for a four year school were not as I imagined because a good GPA at a community college can get you a better scholarship for a four year college and limiting student loans should be one of the biggest factors in the decision you make as an undergrad especially if you desire to attend a grad school. Finally I would tell myself to not be influenced by your high school friends, although that may be difficult, you will make new friends in college and high school is a short period of your life. The school you attend for your undergraduate degree can have a large impact on the rest of your life so you should make that decision based on factors that concern you not your friends, even if it seems like a great idea to try and go to college with your high school buddies.

The location because it is on the out skirts of Newark and walking outside of campus at night could be dangerous.

William

The basketball team is a big part of the school. The school colors are appearent everywhere and they dont really push school spirit because everyone has it. Coming here, mostly everyone is proud to be able to get in to a great school so as to have better futures. Even though it is pricey, I am striving to come out of school a winner, just like everyone else with a dream here.

Learn to studyl As a senior in high school I was a great student but my work ethic was questionable, so If I could go back I would instill a work ethic in myself. Because if I want to be able to pay off my student loans then I am going to need a great job and that can only happen if I excel here.

I enjoy the professional atmosphere. The professors are dedicated to making the educational experience worth all the money you pay. The learning is great and it definetely deserves to be a D-1 school. The basketball team is the school's pride and joy so when basketball season comes around, its a blast.

The location of my school. It is approximately 10 miles from the beach.

The location of my school. It is approximately 10 miles from the beach.

Just relax and have fun! Jump on every opportunity you have and don't let people bring you down. Make new, real friends. Join campus activities. Stay in your dorm!! Lighten up. Always, always pay attention in class. Take good notes. Don't skip class. Try your very best to get straight A's because you CAN do it if you really put your mind to it. Have fun. Do things that frighten you and don't be nervous about the unknown future ahead. Enjoy living at the beach while you still can!!

Artistic, liberal students with a plan to go on to graduate school.

Ian

Didn't consider other schools. Too expensive.

Didn't consider other schools. Too expensive.

As a homeschooled student, I was actually involved in a full time job when most of my peers were seniors. At the time, I thought I was doing the right thing by getting ahead of the game in the work-world. I realize now that academic pursuits would have likely been the better choice. In short, I'd say to myself "just start school."

The fact that is sometimes does not feel like a "real college." This is probably just the result of it being a community college, and one in the town I grew up in.

Laura

My classmates are not only my friends, but are supportive and always giving great advice to never give up and that nothing comes easy and they help keep my head up when school becomes stressful.

My school is best known for the college of nursing. These women and men are very bright and future-oriented and there is a high job rate when graduating this program. I am in the college of nursing and it is alot of work and prepartion, but every single person works hard and sticks together as a team to get through the classes and student push eachother to do well. There is always support and help since the classes are difficult.

The saying "nothing worth having comes easy" is an important saying to remember when going to college. Nursing school is very hard and there are alot of sacrifices to give up to make time for studying, so when stress is brought on to know there is always support from friends and family. Make sure to study hard, but to balance time with friends too because time management is a great value to have. There is no need to be perfect because everyone makes mistakes, so always keep a positive attitude and to try better the next time. Exams cannot get A's by themselves, so make sure to study ahead of time and not procrastniate so you are not cramming the night before an exam. Setting goals helps you become self-motivated and helps with time management of your busy schedule. College education is what you make out of it and how much effort you put in. The more effort you put in, the better outcome and future you will have.

Noteisha

Seton Hall is very friendly and community based.

Seton Hall is very friendly and community based.

My school is known for the great atmopshere.

If I could go back in time to talk to my old self, I would tell myself to decide what I want to do after college because basketball may not be around forever. I would encourange myself to make great lifelong friends and network. Being able to get to know my professors will be very important. To take class a little more serious and work a little harder on the court. I would encourage myself to make friends outside of my team. I would tell myself to join as many clubs and organizations as I can that wont interfere with basketball becuase that will be great practice and networking for post college. I also would tell myself to find an internship (or two) that I will enjoy doing and meet and network with people I can keep in touch with in the long run. I would also tell myself to grow up, it gets real.

jamie

They are best known for their basketball team. They over emphasize everyones "school spirit" for the games and in general. The "school spirit" feels very forced and not a lot of people go to the games unless we're in the playoffs or something.

I would advise myself to shoot for my dreams but to be more realistic. My dad suddenly passed away as i was applying to college. At the same time my mom had cancer. My decisions about college were made on a very distracted premise. I didnt listen to my mom or anyone for that matter. The truth is, listen to your parents! They are usually right. It is totally worth going to a state school/more afforable college than to spend money at a prestigious college when you don't even know what you're yet passionate about! Take your time because despite the fact that everyone is trying to rush you into making all these big decisions, you have a lot of it. In your undergrad there are a lot of people who don't know what they want. Let that be the time to explore things you wouldnt normally. I know many people who have switched majors, including me. You can always transfer schools or further your education at a higher ranked university in a graduate program where it really matters nowadays. Follow your heart and take your time when deciding. Its your life, no one elses.

The student body is hard to get adjusted to. Im not someone that normally feels uncomfortable but here i did. Until i joined my sorority and found people to do things with.

ahmed

I know how intimidating it is knowing you have a huge milestone ahead of you to overcome . At first it seems like you’re entering a new world with no familiar faces around, but trust me that feeling never lasts. Never doubt yourself and never doubt the power of believing in yourself. Take advantage of all the opportunities at your disposal, stay active, but don’t get in over your head there only so much time you can spare. Everyone has their weaknesses but the key is to take those weakness, improve on them, and make them your strengths. Don’t be afraid to fail; failure is the first step on the right track. But you have to learn from your mistakes; if you’re on the right tack but not progressing the train will hit you. The next step, in the words of Socrates, is to admit that you don’t know anything and your thirst for knowledge will lead you to the fountain of success. Most importantly, you are you, don’t let anything or anyone change that and always remember the words of Sean McCabe : “You will never influence the world by trying to be like it.”

There are quite a few things I wish would've known before attending Seton Hall University. For instance how easy it is to make new friends. On the first day of school I was so intimidated of walking up to a bunch of strangers and starting a conversation, however, later on I realized how easy it was to make friends. Secondly I wish I would’ve known how to speak my mind during awkward moments; college is full of them. Most importantly I wish I would’ve known how to manage my time more appropriately; time is of the essence.

When my friends and family ask me what I like most about Seton Hall University I reply without hesitation: everything! One thing that stands out are the professors. They are true professionals in their field of expertise and offer a one-on-one approach to teaching. The second is the community, from the alumni to the security personal and everything in between. They do everything to the best of the capabilities to make the students and visitors feel welcomed. The main thing I brag about are my new friends; in my time of desolation they made me feel at home.

Sabino

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to not mess around, study hard, listen to financial aid recruters, dont procastinate, and apply for a lot of scholarship!!!

Deanna

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the one advice that I would give to my past self is to not rush and take in every moment as long as possible. Back then, I was in such a hurry to grow up and be on my own in the real world making my own money and doing my own thing, but honestly, I miss having those free times where I could just relax by my locker and go on Facebook or chit chat with a couple of friends. Nowadays, after my school days are over, I go to the libary and if I see a friend, I will talk for a bit and then scurry off to do homework that is due the coming week because of all the other work I have to complete in my busy schedule. I have to admit that my high school self was way too confident in thinking that college life was going to be a breeze and it's not because it takes a lot of independency to accomplish self driven goals.

The one thing that I consider the worst aspect about my school is the parking. It is horrendous in the morning and the nightmare of trying to find a spot continues into early afternoon. Don't get me wrong...Seton Hall is putting good use of the money it is receiving from the students' tutions to good use with the making of new parking lots and other projects, but most of the time it gets to a person when he/she has to park on the side of the street with his/her classes on the other side of campus.

The one thing that I brag most about to my friends about my school is that there are always people to make friends with and do fun activities with at any given time. I transferred to Seton Hall Univeristy with a fear that I was not going to have as many friends like I did at my other school; however, I presented myself as the bubbly and outgoing person I always thought myself to be and made friends with those who joined me in the making of hilarious and meaningful memories.

Seton Hall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.