Seton Hall University

« See more reviews of Seton Hall University

Caitlin, Remember to look into schools that are similar to SHU, your first choice. It is important to you to go to a school that is culturally diverse and respects and has a place for LGBTQ members. You like big cities, so be sure that your school is in or within close distance to a large city. Remember to make numerous, diverse friends, but make sure you can go to a few close friends when you need to talk. It is also important to do well in your classes and get to know the professors and administrators. Your experience will be better if you follow these suggestions. Always remember you can go home. Sincerely, Caitlin

I have gained a lot of independence from being at college and learned to be more responsible for myself. In highschool I was always able to slide by without studying. However, once I got to college I realized I had to be more accountable for myself and study the materials given to me. I also learned to be more outgoing. Many of my classes require participation, in the past I would have just sat in class and let my classmates speak. Now, I speak up and voice my opinions in class. I have become much more well rounded since attending college and hope to be able to attend graduate school to obtain my doctorate.

I've learned to be a lot more resposible with the thing I do. I have also learned that everything I do has a consequence wheter it be good or bad. I am now a lot more independent and have realized it takes hard work to move forward in life and I feel I am doing so. I feel college is valuable to attend because, I grew up with not much to show but, I know with time things I am learning now will pay off. School has always been something I've enjoyed, and with all the opportunites such as volunteer work or community service done by on-campus organizations I feel I am helping out more with my community.

During my college experience, i have learned that college is way different than high school. In high school, many people are part of there own clicks, there is very few culture and not much friendlyness, while in college everyone if friendly, everyone is all over the place and there is much more culture. In college, everybody is on their own, there isint man people to lend you a hand or to walk you through your experience while in high school, one has there own counslers and mentours that help one make their own choice. College is a taste of the real world, something most of us are not ready for.

I would suggest to them that one should really get to know more about the college or the university before the student decieded to attend to that school by doing research about the school. During campus tour, they only give you some facts and all the good, positive things about school; but as a potential student for that campus, one should really know what's actually going on on that particular campus. Also I would suggest that the students should think about what kind of school or campus they are looking for, such as the setting, and surrounding area, finaical support and such.

Out of my college experience, I have gotten out a lot. I learned to take my education seriously and that it is not a joke. Friends come and go; you make a lot of them. Some will remain friends and some will stop talking to you. You truly realize who your true friends are. It is said that college is the greatest years of your life - and it truly is. You learn so much in a matter of time and the time just flies by. I believe it is valuable to attend Seton Hall because it is a Catholic University. If it was not so much religion focused, the price would most likely be reasonable.

Parents and students in the college search process should visit as many schools in as many areas as possible, even if they are not interested in the school. The student needs to do this to experience all different types of schools to see what they like and dislike. They should also talk to the students around campus to see what the school is like from real students. Once the student has decided and is in college, they must make the most of their college experience by getting involved with as much as possible, but keeping in mind why they are there, for academics.

I would encourage students to apply to every school in which they are interested. Parents should give their children the freedom to make their own, unencumbered decisions. The time to live vicariously through one's children, if there ever really is a time, is not during applications pocesses such as these. The students should of course take advice from family, friends, but ultimately, it should be their decision. In addition, pecuniary needs are an important factor, but do not let them be the ultimate factor. Loans will be paid off.

I enjoy goingtomy school because i've grown academically and socially as a person. The academics at Seton Hall is quite excellent especially for the science, nursing, business and diplomacy departments. The university is so culturally diverse that you get to learn about different kinds of people and expand your horizon on various ideas about life. I also have madefriendships that I do know will probably last me a lifetime. I have already made contacts for the future. I really have gained alot and love this school.

Get involved with activities you enjoyed in high school and don't be afraid to branch out and try new things. THere are so many great opportunities on campus and it is a great way to make friends! Price, location, religious affiliation, personal comfort level, and preferences are definitely factors to consider when you are choosing a university for your child. Choose some place you can imagine them fitting in well and will be comfortable with. Include them in the decision process and let it be a mutual choice.