Seton Hall University

« See more reviews of Seton Hall University

My advice about finding the college for parents and students, is go on open houses so you can get a feel of the atomsphere on campus. When you are on a open house you have the liberty of asking as many questions you want. Another important advice about finding the right college, is search on time do not wait last minute, becuase you want to have time to really research where you want to spend the next 4 yours of your life.

My college experience has been a good one, in the sense that my mistakes and the people that have come into my life have opened my eyes. I see the world for what it is and I have also become closer to God, throughout my journey. I never would have thought I would have found who I was as a person and the person I tend to be. Though I am not a fan of my school, I am thankful for what it has shown me and allowed me to see.

I would advise anyone to attend a local, inexpensive college for your first two years to decide what you want to do with your life and get your core classes out of the way. This will also allow you to mature and get on track with your life before moving far from home. After this time the student will also be more equipt to determine which university is the right place for them to finish their studies at.

As a Creative Writing major I have learned useful methods of writing to further my skills. I have been able to enter my writing into the Writing Center so that it can be proof-read and I have been given useful tips on how to write not only fiction but essays, too. One on one sessions with professors and those in the Writing center is the best possible way for me to learn how to write properly.

I would suggest to look at all of the aspects that the school has to offer including the majors, the surrounding area, the campus, the reputation of the school and so on. I would also encouarge everyone to visit the campus and take a tour to find out more about the school and take a look around. Definitely review all of your options and make a decision based on whatever looks right for you.

The right college is a really hard choice for one to make. There is alot of thinking and planing that should be involved such as the area surrounding the campus,does the school have your major. But the best thing to do while school searching is visit all the schools and attend the orinations. Only spending time on the campus will truly give you a feel of what the school really is like.

Make sure of how you feel whe you visit campuses. Like you know you can be there and live there on your own. Also, research, investigate and question about everything...financial aid, the programs you're interested in and housing rules/commuter rules. Just because it is important that you try to get a sense of how that school can provide for you while you're working and studying.

While at school don't be afraid to get involved with a lot of things on campus. Its very important that you try a lot of different things so you can grow as a person and a student. As far as looking for the right school i'd say find a campus that feels like home because if you're not comfortable you're not going to be able to adjust to life on your own.

I think that I've learned a lot so far. Many of the classes have very good dicussions that make you think and somethimes even change your mind on issues. I love that its so diverse I have gotten to know all types of differnet people. I've only been at SHU for a short time but I hope to get even more out of my experience in the next few years.

I f I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have changed alot of things. I would have advised my self of the many things no one my senior year advided me of. I would have advised my self to complete as many scholarships as possible, to visit the campus, and to make sure the correct amount of tuititon.