Sewanee-The University of the South

« See more reviews of Sewanee-The University of the South

At my time at Sewanee I have come to discover the most frustrating thing about it is location. It is located on top of the Cumberland Plateau and is a good drive from any major city. While its location provides beautiful scenery, it also isolates its students. There are small towns surrounding the college but most of the time students are forced to drive off of campus to find things they need.

The most frustrating thing about Sewanee is the lack of availablity of off campus housing. Almost all of Sewanee's students live in campus housing, and there are ver few other options for housing. We also eat almost every meal at the dining hall. I do not believe this adequately prepares Sewanee students for life after college.

We live in the middle of nowhere. If you're used to a big city, then you're going to have to learn to find things to do out in the country: either become an outdoors person or learn how to amuse yourself. And if the weather is really bad, don't bother venturing down the mountain. Sewanee fog will get you killed.

I do not like the cold weather too much. Sewanee is on a mountain and is often cold and windy. Dont get the wrong idea, there are plenty of beautiful sunny days but i would prefer if there were more.

At times it is entirely too small. It's easy for people to start rumors about you.

lack of diversity and tolerance of others.