Redding, CA
Shasta Bible College and Graduate School

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Shasta Bible College and Graduate School

Bethany

Dear High school Bethany, It's your senior year, so here's a little advice concerning the next four years. I know that you have the academic part down, so just keep striving for that 4.0 and you'll be fine. When it comes to choosing a major, go to the career center on campus and take the personality test (this will emphasize what your strengths are). Also, don't be so nervous to think that you are locked into a major. You can change your major if you realize that there is another major that fits you or your future career choice better. During your first year, take a variety of GEs (General Education classes) to expose yourself to different fields of study. If you get lost or confused, Academic Advisors are helpful. In terms of social activities, take some P.E. classes and meet new people. The classes enhance your GPA, are fun physical activities, and are a great way to meet people and get exercise. Get out there kid. Overall, have fun, stay focused on graduating, commit yourself to doing something new everyday, and enjoy life! You'll do great! Love, Future Bethany

Anyone that wants to have a home-away-from-home accompanied with a caring second family should attend Shasta Bible College. There is a strong emphasis on academics, but the individual student comes first. The professors and staff truly care about the well being of every student, and that is displayed in the way they open up their homes and lives to the students. If you are looking for a unique, educational, impactful college experience, then Shasta Bible College will more then exceed those expectations.

Shasta Bible College is a meaningful experience. Students will grow academically, but more important they will be stretched spiritually. The college experience is often characterized as a "time for growth" being that the student is away from home and all things familiar. This situation has the potential to go incredibly wrong or incredibly right. Fortunately, at Shasta Bible College the professors, staff, and fellow students are welcoming, encouraging and dedicated to the growth and success of the students. It is common practice for the professors to have students over for meals and study sessions. SBC is a family.

Mark

I hope I knew more about what the "technicalities" were concerning college academics, such as accredibility, electives, expectation, and degrees. I wish I would have took the time to prepare for college life. I don't mean doing well at my school work, getting good grades, and disciplining myself to be motivated and organized, which I did during my high school years. Instead, what I mean is that I wish I knew that being a homeschooler that I could have got some credits knocked off at a community college, which would have counted both for high school and college credits. I wish I worked during my high school years so that I could save enough to pay for what financial aid (government and school aid) does not pay for my school. Also, I didn't include book, food, and other living costs along with school costs, which add up. I would love to have my school bills settled and all I had to worry about was food and other necessities that are not school related.

I wish I knew that there was a community college close by (ten minutes away), so I could take my general education credits there. General education credits are cheaper at Shasta College.

I would consider this school to be a really small. The school could expand a little, but it lacks the funds to do so. Their emphasis is to make Bible college affordable for students though. I wish more students would come so the school could get the funds to expand.

Shasta Bible College and Graduate School administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.