Shawnee Community College

« See more reviews of Shawnee Community College

There are so many things that prospective students need to know about starting college that so many people overlook, the most important thing that I wish someone had told me is that there is no need for anxiety. I wish that I had known that with patience, perseverance, and persistence every situation can be dealt with and mastered. Ultimately that variety of inspiration and encouragement would have benefited me more than all the preparatory tests, class counselors, and advanced classes that I have forced myself to endure countless times. I wish I had known that hard work always pays off.

Honestly, with Shawnee Community College's senior day the year prior to attending myself enrolling in SCC, myself along with hundreds of other high school students were provided with more than enough information. If not all were learned that day, the summer prior to attending first semester SCC offers a freshman orientation. Along with these dates of information, the teachers at SCC are very willing to help all students with questions.

What I wish I had known before I came to this school is how to manage my time more wisely and that college is a completely new experience that offers many rewards, but also can beat a Freshman up both physically and mentally if not well prepared.