Winchester, VA
Shenandoah University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Shenandoah University

Julian

Shenandoah University is awesome and offered me career-building opportunities for success and leadership that I would not have had anywhere else.

Julian, Never - ever! - settle for less than 100%. Your career and future are in your hands, and the only person stopping you, is you. Aim high, follow your dreams, and never lose sight of your goals. I know you aren't even sure on what you really want to do with your life, but if what music is what gets you up in the morning, have confidence and know you are on the right path. To be honest, you won't even really know what you want to do with yourself when you reach 23, but I can tell you that your love for music doesn't dwindle, but grows significantly with each new day. All this said, remember to have fun! If I regret anything about college it's getting too worked up and stressed with all the work and deadlines. Remember that you need to maintain a proper balance of work and play in your life, and forgetting either will drag you down. Go exploring - hang out downtown with friends or take advantage of the beautiful Shenandoah Mountains and leave the schoolwork back home. You can do this - you have your whole life ahead of you! Sincerely, Me

I transferred to Shenandoah from a state school, and I wish I had been better prepared for the high level of course work offered by Shenandoah. I thrive in a competitive environment, and this was something Shenandoah was great for. Only thing is, the coursework I had already had in my major from another school was not up to snuff!

Josephine

Shenandoah University has diverse students who are welcoming and supporting of everyone.

Dear Josie, During your senior year, you make some of the best decisions of your life. Attending Career and Tech for your CNA and GNA is the best possible thing to do for yourself, you will get an amazing internship and job at the end of the school year. Do not forget to study! I know many individuals have expressed that to you, and you do not listen, but it is the easiest way to get good grades. You are going to be disappointed and not get exactly what you want. You will not get into your first choice school, but everything happens for a reason and you attend the most amazing university, perfectly suited for you to be you! Oh, and by the way, you have already met the love of your life, just tell him! Your senior year is when you learn the most about yourself and life. Remember to be yourself no matter what, and everything will work out for the best! Love always, The Older and Wiser You

The worst thing about Shenandoah University is the cost. It is a lot of money, but provides you with great opportunities.

Jenna

Shenandoah provides many opportunities for the students that most schools do not. They have many programs that take you outside of the country to get a better understanding of how your field of study really makes a difference. Every person is able to make a difference and I feel that Shenandoah gives you the opportunity to discover that for yourself. The school also has a strong focus on a gobal awarness. They get the students invovled with out of the country activities so we have that exposure to diversity.

I would tell myself to keep doing what I'm doing. I came a long way throughout highschool and made a lot of changes for the better. I would have liked to have put my full effort in my acedemics and done more research on the career I wished to pursue. I wish I had some of the experiences that I have had now just so I knew what I truely wanted to do before I got to college. I really would have wished to got into the three+three program that my school offers and thats definatly one thing I would tell myself to change.

I am very satisfied with everything that my school provides and allows me to do. I chose this school because it was perfect for me. I had a termendous first year and could not imagine being at any other school. There isn't one thing that frustrates me or that I would change about Shenandoah University.

Alyssa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschooler I would say; "The beginning has just begun; this is the start of your life. Make it how you want it. Don’t let someone tell you other wise, you can do anything you set your mind to. No matter how hard the work is or how much stress you’re under, you can make anything possible. Don’t let anything stop you. People have knocked you down and you’ve gotten back up, keep getting back up. If you stay down then they’ve beat you. Don’t let someone beat you. Don’t let someone take your hard work from you. Learn from everything around you, because that is what’s going to make you so great when you get to college. You are an amazing, strong, powerful, determined person. Don’t let someone tell you other wise. Believe in yourself...never give up."

To me the best thing about my school is having one of the best Kinesiology programs in the country. I'm so lucky to have an opportunity like that. I want the best education so I will be able to do my best when I go into the working world.

I consider the worst thing about my school being the tuition cost. It's hard for my family to pay because I have two younger siblings that also have to go through college and they should have the same privelages that I recieved when I was in high school and younger.

Barsha

All high school teachers said, college professors are not going to hold your hand will not care if you need help. In a certain extent that maybe true, but you are given a syllabus on first day, outlining everything you will be doing and the times everything is due; therefor, there is no excuses. It is responsibility, as an adult, every college student needs to learn. Every professor I had provided their e-mail, phone number, and office hours to talk to them outside of class. You must learn time management and do class work at any free time. And yes, college is expensive. Financial Aid will not pay for your college. There is plethora of scholarships and grants and have to apply as early as possible and take advantage. I told myself I will never attend community college, but I could not afford an university. I had small classes with amazing professors. They are attentive and make themselves available. Remember, it does not matter where you start from, so start somewhere. What matters is where you graduate from.

jennifer

I would tell myself that you don't have to be super smart and know everything to go to college. You are there to learn not to show how smart you are. If you get degrees in college your chances of making more money are much greater than if you don't. You don't need money to go to school. Finiancian aid can assist you in books, tuition, and even pay you money through out the semister so don't think you are not good enough, smart enough, or rich enough. College campuses have many resourses and many ppl to help you to succeed but you have to look and ask for it. If you want to do well and get good grades, than hold off on the partying until spring break, winter break or summer. You need to stay focused and apply yourself in all areas: Do your homework, study, get a tutor, use the labs, ask for help, eat right, get some exercize and most of all, get some sleep. If you fall behind on your rest, use the weekend to catch up, it matters. Last of all have fun. It's the journey not the destination.

Yolanda

For the most part in my school there are individuals who will try their best to have their students excel no matter what the circumstances may have been.

For the past two months I have wished that I could turn back the hands of time, because of what I am learning now as an adult learner. I would have forced myself to study more than to just settle for average. I would have also never taken advantage of time and most of all the resources that funded my education. Since, earning my first degree and working on my second degree in nursing, it is now time for me to purse what I believe I have been placed on earth to do and that is to help underserved individuals get access to healthcare, so that they can also have the best quality of life. So, when I begin to reminisce about my past and feel like it was not meaningfully, I say to myself “everything happens for a reason” and this is what I needed to push myself to the limit to realize that I am much stronger than I thought. I was not mentally ready during my first four years of undergraduate and now I am even more determined to achieve my degree by next fall, praying that the financial issues will not deter my plans. Thank You

The worst thing at my school would be not being able to participate in campus activities on the main campus. Since, I am located on the Northern Campus, but for some reason we still share those same activity fees in tuition.

julie

Classmates here at Shenandoah University are strong willed individuals who push themselves to success.

The advice I would give my self is that I should have applied myself more. Before comming to college I should have taken more AP classes and got classes out of the way. I should have applied for more scholariships and tried harder to get more of my school paid for. I do not regret the decisions I have made before college and I am okay with the transition. But, if i could go back in time, I would just tell myself to make more decisions before college and making myself more prepared for the college years. Other advice I would give myslef is that I would have spoke and aquainted myself with many more people to make myself more known at my school now. I basically would have just told myself to get a better head start to be more prepared.

The worst thing about my school is that they put you on acedemic restriciton because of high school grades. I was put on acedemic restriction for my high school grades my first semester and tried anything to get off of it. They would not let me because they didnt believe I could do it. Now, currently, I am taking 17 credit hours and obtain a 3.58 GPA. I could do it.

Shenandoah University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.