Winchester, VA
Shenandoah University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Shenandoah University

Amber

If I was a high school senior again, I would tell myself that when I get to college to take one day at a time. At first, college life is a lot to get used to. My family and friends aren't here to help me with a problem that I may be dealing with, and I have to learn how to handle things by myself. I would also tell myself not to procrastinate because if I procrastinate then I will be stressed out, and my grades will suffer from that. Another thing I would tell myself is that I am in control of my own actions. A lot of times in college many students have to deal with peer pressure, and that causes them to get involved in things that they should not be involved with. I'm here at college to learn and prepare for my future, not to make decisions that I will regret later on. One last word of advice I would give to myself is to never give up. Sometimes there are things that I do not understand, or I may be struggling with, but if I stick with it, it will get better.

The worst part about Shenandoah University is their cafeteria food. They don't have much of a selection, and the quality of food isn't that great.

Whenever I tell my friends about my school, I tell them about my professors. One of the reasons I choose Shenandoah University was because of the professors. They are extremely nice, and they want all of their students to succeed. I hear stories about some professors who are just their to get paid, but the professors here love their jobs and love seeing their students succeed. At Shenandoah University, the professors want to get to know every student on a personal level so they can help them succeed in life.

Justin

To be honest, I would not go back and change anything. In many ways music has helped many people through very rough endeavors. I am one of those people. I am a second year student at Shenandoah University with a major in Musical Theatre. The power of music and acting fuels me to get out of bed every morning. The fact that I get to do something that makes me the happiest person alive in such an unstable time is such a great opportunity. Sadly this may be my last semester do to my families financial situation. I feel I deserve this scholarship because I have a dream. Yet, my dream is getting further and further away due to money issues that haunt my family. I need this scholarship to keep going after that dream so my family can rest easily and proud of there son, without worrying if I am going to make tuition for the next semester. I am very blessed to have a chance to come to a school as great as ?SU?. I wouldn?t want to do anything to change that.

To be very honest i really don't consider anything to be the worst. the food is great, the dorms are very comfortable,and the people are wonderful. so i am very happy with my school.

honsetly the only frustration would come from the student not getting his/her work done on time. there are so many chances to get the help one needs.

I would tell myself that I needed to take more advanced classes and to push myself in everything that I do. Also when I come to college I need to remind myself that I will not be the big person on campus like I was when I was a high school senior. Make myself more open to new opportunities and never let anything pass me by while in highschool. Also try and get involved in clubs or after school activities, this would have opened my eyes to different cultures which in turn would help me meet different people. I would also tell myself to never change myself for anyone no matter how important I thought they were at the time. Also to make time for my true friends and time to get away for a couple of hours from the books. I also need to have better time management for everything important that has to be done in a day.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is self motivated and who wants to learn. This is not for someone who has no self motivation or who is not willing to learn. People who decide to go to shenandoah know what they are planning to do with there lives and that their plan might change but it is still within the criteria that they started going here for. You also need to be well diverse with cultural backgrounds and different places around the world.

I brag that i get the one on one experience from my professors. I never feel like i can not go and talk to them about the problems i might be experiencing in their class. I also love the enviroment that i am surrounded by it is small like a highschool and everyone on campus knows everyone. I also like the location of my school it is very close to big cities and it reminds me of my hometown.

I would tell myself that social life is fun but remember that that is not all what college is about. I would tell myself to have put more effort into studying my freshman year and learn what resources there are as far as counselors go. I would also encourage myself to play a sport while in college and get more connected with people.

I wish I knew that it was really big into their sports and arts.

David

Shenandoah University is a small town college atmosphere with a small classroom setting and a close knit community.

Always do the right thing. No matter where you are, or who is watching always do what is right. Be an ethical and moral individual. To many today try to get by the easy way and by hurting others and this is not the proper way to go about doing things. Always do what is right and treat people the way you wanted to be treated. I feel if more people did this today than we would not have the problems that we have going on throughout the world today.

If you are not open to change and diversity dont attend this University

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to not choose a school based on one visit and your current boyfriend. Looking back that was not the best idea I have ever had, but luckily it all worked out for the best. I ended up walking on to the softball team. I would tell myself to take classes more seriously and not worry what other people thought about me. I would tell myself to not give into peer pressure and to not party so much. I also think that I should have gotten more involved in other organizations on campus and to join a church before senior year. I think the number one thing that I would tell myself would be to always be yourself! Don't let others make you feel like you are not good enough and need to change. Be yourself and they can take it or leave it. You're the one that has to be happy and love yourself, not them.

I think that the one thing I wish I would have really understood before going to Miami was the tuition. I mean I knew what it cost to go there, but it really does not hit you until you have to pay back the loans. The education and my memories there are priceless, but I wish I would have fully comprehended how much I was going to have to pay in the end. The school did not offer much financial help or scholarships, so it made it even harder.

I am starting school in January, so I can't brag about anything yet. I did get a Bachelor's of Science from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio and I loved the school. The one thing that everyone says when they talk about Miami is that the campus is absolutely gorgeous! Besides the amazing education, it is considered a a "public ivy" school, the campus is small and intimate. From what I do know of where I will be going in January is that I will have very small classes and the area is beautiful!

Shawnee

Shenandoah University is a small school that features small classes, close professional relationships between students and faculty/staff, and located in a beautiful area.

I would tell myself that the best thing to do is break out of my shell from the minute I step on campus. You shouldn't be afraid to speak to anyone even if they seem very different from you. You may miss out on a potential strong friendship if you don't. This is your opportunity to expose yourself to different types of people from varying backgrounds and walks of life. Everyone there is new, scared, and wanting to fit in just like you. So change that! Don't skimp out on special welcoming events for freshman during your first week. Its how you meet some of the people that will be your friends and your support system for the entire four years and maybe beyond. The right group of friends really help you get through your college years in so many ways, including academically.

People that want to study in a big city setting.

Katherine

For starters, BE PATIENT! The right school doesn't just pop out in front of you. I had to be very open minded and willing to explore all the possibilities. Look for a school that has a good atmosphere academically and socially. It's important to attend a school where they're accepting and understanding. Attending a school that is well rounded will help you in having a wonderful college experience. Pick a college that is SAFE! Everyone should feel comfortable and secure at all times! As for making the most of your college experience, have fun! Have fun learning and communicating! Get out of your dorm, your circle of friends and participate in campus activities and organizations. By doing this it will make you more aware of what you want out of life, and will make you a more well rounded person. I know I have, and I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything! I love Shenandoah University!!!! Go Hornets!!!!

I was extremely prepared before I came to Shenandoah University. Once I enrolled here, everyone was very helpful!

It is VERY expensive, but in my opinion worth every penny.

Alyssa

Going on tours of the school does not always make the decision of choosing the right school easier. My school offers a shadow day where interested high school students spend the day with a college student in your childs intented degree. I reccomend getting involved with the school you are interested in before choosing the right one. I did not really love college until the end of my second semester. It is hard to adjust to living on your own and having to fend for yourself but your parents are just a phone call away and there is always someone at school that can help you with anything you need.

The food. Even though my university is small, the dining hall should be spacious enough for all the students to eat at the same time. Also, the meal plans have specific times thet are good that does not work with some students schedules making it difficult to find time to eat.

You get to know everyone since the schol is smaller. There is more one-on-one teaching since the classes are not packed with students.

The most important thing is to visit the campuses that you are interested in, but not on a typical orientation day. Go on a day when you can see the campus and how the students are interacting with each other. That is the best way to experience the surroundings. Also, be open to what you see. Some people have not experienced a lot of things, and when they see it they can simply cross that college or university off the list. Don't do that. There are things to be learned and experienced besides stuff from books.

I wish I had known that there was not that much to do on the weekends and evenings. It is a small community.

Someone who likes faculty attention and involvement. Also, anyone who wants a close relationship with adminstration and offices, and a close knit community.

Shenandoah University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.