Winchester, VA
Shenandoah University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Shenandoah University

Noelle

very diverse, but all are friendly.

very diverse, but all are friendly.

This is the decision that will determine what you do with the rest of your life. You have to make sure that you are making your decisions based off of educated information that you research as well as what other people tell you. However ultimately the choice is yours and YOU have to be the happiest with whatever school you choose. You are mapping out the first of many pathways to your future, so make sure you take the time to learn about all the opportunities you have so that a good one won't pass you by. The future is YOURS and it is the most precious and valuable thing that no one can take away from you or make it their own, so take your time, take a breath....and happy researching! :)

Natalie

I had always heard that when you visit the school for you, you will just 'know.' I was skeptical. I visited my 3 top choice schools and loved them all. I could honestly see my self fitting in on all three campuses. When a friend had suggested Shenandoah, I visted on a whim. SU was without a doubt, the smallest, least well known, and least 'impressive' of all the campuses I toured. However, I felt at home there... 19 hours and 5 states away... I was home. They were right. I just 'knew.'

I feel like they are more concerned about money to run the University, than they are with the students who are paying the money to go there. For example: I majored in Music Theatre, and there were some students who were untalented, and had no future in the professional theatre world. They were never broken the news that they weren't cut out for performing, because their tuition paid for the budget of the Spring musical...

The administration is gives you the textbook example of 'the run around' whenever you have a question or a problem with anything (financial aid, add/dropping classes, housing, you name it...) they are SO difficult to work with.

Tommy

Chooising the right college is honestly less important than how you spend your time while in college. Most people have an obsession with finding the "perfect school." The perfect school doesn't exist; you just have to make the best decision based on the reputation of the school, your financial situation, and the "feel" of the school during your visit. You'll have to make compromises with any school, so don't stress so much about making the "right" decision. There are successful people from colleges you've never heard of, and homeless people from Harvard. The important part is when you are in school. Take advantage of all of the resources the school has to offer: the libraries (you'll miss it once you're gone), the fine arts department (fantastic, professional-quality performances for free or really cheap), clubs/fraternities/sororities (you'll make some of your best friends), and, most importantly, the professors (expert advice available during office hours - people would pay hundreds of dollars for this service). The potential to learn and grow at college is limited only by how much you are willing to give. Be sure to give all you can, wherever you go.

If you're not self-motivated or need heavy competition to succeed.

Great professors, and accessible facilities. Good people.

Meagan

Shenandoah is a small school, well known for its conservatory and health professions, giving it a diverse academic community.

It's best known for its conservatory, so the arts, and its health professions, so sciences.

Understand that you may not know what you want when you're looking for a school, and what you think you want may change. Be sure to look at the school as a whole in addition to the program(s) you're interested in to make sure you don't find yourself in a situation of having to transfer, though that's not the end of the world. Make friends. Friends will make or break your experience, be it a big or small school.

Katie

Finding the right college is always difficult. In most cases, you won't know until you visit. Thankfully, I had the opportunity to visit SU before I decided it was the school for me. Before enrolling, I met with students and teachers . It was a great experience and I wouldn't have chosen any other school. I felt at home when I walked through the doors. When you find a school that fits your comfort level and supplies your needs, it is indescribable. The best thing for me was meeting my advisor my first day on campus. I was lucky to know who my advisor would be on attending Shenandoah. She assured me I would have the time of my life at SU. She was right, I love my college!

A major. I decided my major when I started at Shenandoah. I wish I would've chosen before I came because they offer more than I realized.

Someone who loves smalltown living but enjoys being close to the city. A person who can juggle a social life and academics and is willing to work hard and still have fun.

Lori

My school I would say is nice, small, and quiet.

My school I would say is nice, small, and quiet.

When finding the right college to attend go with the one that will fit you best. Don't like big classes pick a school that will have smaller lecture classes. Also pick the school that is in the right area for you. From a small town like me, pick a school that is small and not in a big city if your not use to living in a city. Lastly just follow your heart. You will know what school is right for you.

When I tell my friends about my school the thing I brag about most is how beautiful and pretty it is in Winchester and how I get more snow. I also brag about how you get to know everyone that goes there. It's a small school so you can practical get to know everyone around you.

Jaclyn

In order to find the right college, you definitely need to visit it while there are students around. Go on a visiting day when you can tour the campus and see real students in action. See if you can have a student in your prospective field or major take you around for the day to their classes and possibly let you stay in their dorms over the night. Get hooked up with a pen pal in your major who can tell you what they honestly think about the school. The only way you can find out what students really think is to talk to them!

The campus empties out on weekend. There is an extremely poor amout of on campus activites.

The friendly people and the amout of art going on!

Sabrina

I would tell parents/students to try and have a plan before you enter college. It's ok if you're undecided, but it helps financially and mentally ro have an idea, that way you know what classes to take and you're on a track. Decide what type of campus setting and classroom setting you would be best in. Some people like large classes while others prefer a small class setting where students will get individual attention and professors personally know your name. Check out how much tuition is and what you can afford minus financial aid. Studying is very important in order to succeed but one should definitely try and be involved with campus activities and make sure to make friends! It makes the college experience more rewarding!

I wish I would have had my career plan more layed out.

A person who doesn't want to learn and be open-minded. A person who doesn't want to put in the effort or work to suceed. A person who just wants to party.

Shenandoah University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.