Shorter University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Shorter University

Steele

This school is amazing. I wouldn’t change my choice ever. Things are always happening and people are always involved. Student life plans multiple events every month and keeps students on their toes. There are plenty of ways to stay active and stay busy after you finish studying.

Grace

Shorter University is an amazing school! They care very rigorously about their students' education, but care even more so for their spiritual growth, which is my favorite thing about this school. The professors are the best of the best and are always available. It is a small school which means everyone knows each other and is very friendly.

Kristen

Shorter University is overall a great school with an inviting community. I've always felt at home here, my professors have all been wonderful and helped to lead me. My only complaint would be that campus life can get a bit dull sometimes. However, Rome is a great little town and there's usually something fun happening downtown! Shorter is a school that will give you great academics, great leadership skills, wonderful opportunities to be involved in the community, and most importantly, a place to call home.

Leah

It is a blessing sent from Heaven! I have visited many schools but this one was different. Right when I stepped on campus this feeling came over me, it was home. Moreover, academics are amazing, the christian faith is true and the opportunities offered to students are outstanding! I will be a freshman in the fall and I cannot tell you how excited I am to begin this new chapter of my life of the grounds of SU. What truly stood out was the environment and how everyone is like a family. I want to experience that and everything else it has to offer even if I have to commute, this school is worth it.

Barron

I believe Shorter University is a great school for fellow Christians like myself, and I recommend it to anybody who wants a solid education, along with a great student life. I cannot wait to be a future Shorter Hawk and I expect nothing but excellence from such an excellent school.

Ansley

Shorter University is a great campus to get your education and we are amazing at sports.Our campus lifestyle is great and we have several activities that students and staff can participate in daily. The administration is extremely nice and the professors work with the students.

Alexis

I love Shorter University. I can not wait to fill out my application and be able to attend this amazing school. They get involved in everything that they have going on. Everyone is always so friendly and love helping out students. I absolutely love the Starbucks in the library!! What can I say I can not wait to go to Shorter!!

I am so excited to join the shorter campus this fall, every time I visit everyone I meet is so welcoming and friendly. The campus is gorgeous, the professors are so accessible and the food can't be beat. Alumni proudly and fondly remember their times on campus. Shorter cares about each of their students and supports them even after graduation. Shorter's size can be either an upside or downside...for me its definitely counts as a pro. Having been homeschooled I look forward to the nurturing guidance that I fully believe will be freely given to me. I can't imagine any other school providing all of my dreams and goals for secondary education on a single campus, like Shorter can.

Caleb

My overall opinion of Shorter University is that it is a good school that does the best it can with the resources available. There is not a lot of extra money that is available to do crazy things, however, the people in charge do the best that they can to insure that each student has the best college experience that they possibly can.

Shorter University is my absolute favorite place to be. I cannot imagine going anywhere else for my education. Over the summer, I counted down the days until I got to go back. There is a niche for everyone and the faculty and staff are all super nice and accommodating.

Jordan

Shorter University, though it is small is a great school. The small classroom size allows for personal connections and learning experiences with teachers. If you do not understand something you can easily raise your hand and have your questioned answered directly and right away. You are not just a number or another student to a professor. You are someone who the teachers are encouraging and wanting to help to help you succeed in life. The professors get to know you as a person and not just as a student so that they are able to teach you in the best way possible. Shorter professors are also very good at sticking to their office hours as well as cooperating with student athletes and their busy schedules. They allow you to reschedule labs and tests as well as get you assignments that you will need. Along with the amazing teachers the students at Shorter are also extremely kind. Everyone at Shorter is friendly and wants to get to know you. They encourage a relationship with Christ but if you a skeptical are not judgmental or pushy about the topic. Many students help others if one were to need help in a class or help in general with their lives. The students are very connected with one another and with this comes lots of organizations to further the connections. Several girls join sororities and there is a fraternity. However, if you are not the type of person to join those organizations residence life makes sure that all Shorter students have opportunities to join in on the fun by hosting fun events and putting on intramural sports for those who are not on the college teams. Shorter is a small school but has many great things about it that make it a unique and fun college experience.

Veronica

Shorter university is a small school but I love it. It is like we are all family and it is an easier way to meet a lot of new people. The professors are great and they want you to succeed, they are always open to helping you outside of class. Your college experience at Shorter is what you make it!

Ben

Shorter University is an amazing small school atmosphere. While the facilities and housing are not the best, the professors and staff pour into our lives daily to make sure we have the best learning environment possible. We have a focus on a Christian education that makes for a better overall learning experience as well.

Gabriela

I like Shorter University. It is not my ideal college because I am a more liberal person and this is a very conservative school. I also wish they offered a latino studies course or something of that type. Overall, it is still a good school an the teachers are amazing. They are always available and willing to help you out. Especially since it is a small school, they get to know you personally.

Sara

I have fallen in love with Shorter over the 2 years I've been there. I would recommend it to anyone. Its Christian atmosphere and caring professors make it feel like home. I have kept a 4.0 GPA the whole time I've been there, and that's partly because of how helpful the professors are. They keep office hours posted and frequently remind students about them so they can accommodate for the needs of all students on campus.

Shavonda

Rather than placing me in classes and leaving me to figure out things on my own, Shorter University placed me in a college success course. This completely impacted my entire outlook of college and why I'm currently attending. I've always valued furthering my education but Shorter gave me a reason for furthering my education outside of furthering my career. I was taught the importance of developing myself and how to monitor my finances. The most important thing I will take from Shorter is how important it is to always continue learning. With technology eliminating certain jobs, and people competing for the same positions you have to find a ways stand out. It's very important to have a passion to learn. Your passion to learn is what builds your foundation to success

Branson

I love Shorter! I was thinking about attending UGA to major in animal science, but once I visited Shorter, I asked my mom to apply. I am a member of the marching Hawks and a member of the Hill Climbers leadership. There are plenty of sports, groups and other activities to be involved in. Shorter is definitely my home away from home.

Devonn

I feel like Shorter is a very good school that people should go to