Siena College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Siena College

Perfect size and great community. Although it's dominated by rich white conservative men, we are trying to change the culture and setting. The Franciscan mindset of acceptance and service are great, and you can feel the community compared to the 7 other colleges I have visited before coming here. If you're worried about it being a catholic institution, that doesn't become a problem and many religions and views are encouraged.

Liam

My experience with Siena has been very positive and I have gotten a lot out of my time here. The community feel is the biggest thing Siena offers. This definitely feels more like a home than a school in terms of how the students, faculty and staff interact and coexist. You feel like an actual member of something bigger compared to just being a number in most case for other schools. Your professors genuinely want the best for their students and they are always available for you. Siena wants you to be involved and actively contributing to the campus which makes a huge difference in how you experience your 4 years here. My only wish is that there was some bigger departments that exist so that some of the minors they offer here could become programs that offer majors. That would definitely make a big impact on what kind of student body we have and a wider range of people could potentially apply looking to have the full Siena experience while also being put on a good career path for them individually.

Christina

I love Siena. I am involved on campus, I am happy that I picked this college for my 4yr Undergrad. Most of the professor are there for you, they want you to succeed which makes learning in and out of the classroom easier. Everyone on this campus does care for everyone whether that be advisors, dining hall workers or maintenance crew, they all care. Lastly, there is typically always something to do on campus which is an added benefit.

Caroline

Siena College isn't lying when they say that they are offering the education of a lifetime. As a current junior, the opportunities that I have already been given are insane. Internships abroad, service trips, community service days, and the list goes on and on. There is always something for someone to do on campus, and it is always exciting to see what the next opportunity will be.

Jordan

Siena College is a good school. Small and central located in Loudonville its a very easy college to manage and get involved at. I love the faculty.

Siena is an amazing school that is welcoming and inviting. I always feel safe and everyone who works there wants the best for me. Siena offers a great support system, not just academically. Everyone is rooting for you to succeed. Overall, Siena offers a home away from home and gives you friends that become your family.

Marissa

Siena is a warm and welcoming campus that is open to everyone! The moment I stepped onto campus I felt as if I belonged here. Professors care about their students as people, not just numbers in the class. They really want students to get the absolute most out of their time here at Siena. There are parties on campus during the weekend but they are by no means huge, most of the time its a group of friends getting together.

Bobby

I have really enjoyed my time at Siena so far. I've made so many lifelong friendships that I don't think I would've made anywhere else. It sucks being a senior because I don't want to leave all the friends I've made, however I know Siena has prepared me for the workforce well and I look forward to what the future brings.

Rebecca

I love Siena! The campus is beautiful and the people are nice. Because of Siena's small size compared to other colleges, Siena is able to maintain a strong sense of community. The on-campus housing isn't the best, and the food is typical cafeteria fare, but I have met some awesome people at Siena. I made several close friends, and I have even met the love of my life here.

Pamela

I've loved Siena since day one and have nothing to say but nice things. I found who I was as a person and acquired the skills to become whoever I wanted to be at Siena.

Caroline

I am satisfied with my first two months here at Siena! I love the small class sizes and how most professors have flexible office hours, and are willing to make an appointment with you if you're unavailable during those times. There is a decent amount of ways to be involved on campus as well, and if there is something you want to start but is not currently on campus, it is pretty easy to get it started.

Karen

First of all, the class sizes are absolutely perfect. Not too big, not too small; all my classes have under 20 people. The campus is fairly small but absolutely beautiful; it only takes about 10 minutes to walk from one side of campus to the other. There are tons of clubs to join so no doubt everyone can find their niche here!

Amber

Siena College is amazing and I fell in love with the creative arts department. At other colleges I applied to, there was no general creative arts major; I had to pick something specific in the department. However, at Siena, the creative arts department can be my playground and I can mix and match whatever classes I want, do all the things I'm interested in like, music, art, writing, and theater, and come out with a general creative arts degree.

Neha

I love my school. It is such a nice campus and the community is so close. Everyone is always together having fun studying and living life. Something I love is how the buildings are open day and night so students can access the facilities! Truly worth going to college here!

Jaymie

It is a very friendly campus with a lot of ways to get involved with the community. There are many food options and people are considerate of others preferences. Siena students have a lot of school spirit. Most of the professors and facalty are very friendly.

Jason

Siena College is a challenging academic facility that has allowed me to broaden my perspective both academically as well as socially. Although there are certain aspectives of Siena that do not reach my expectations this does not mean I am not satisfied with this institute.

I was accepted to this school along with eight other colleges. I went to the accepted student open house and that was it. This was the college I will be attending. I was able to sit in on a class and talk to other students in the political science department that I am interested in. I was so comfortable with the campus I felt at home. This college is offering me more opportunities compared to the other schools I was accepted to. I was able to talk to two professors and they made me feel good about my decision.

Helen

A small campus with a small number of students on hundreds of acres, a very lush and green campus. A religious presence with diversity. Accessible professors and staff, safe open environment for students. A truly beautiful, idyllic campus and home.

Hayleigh

I could not have chosen a safer, and more comforting college than Siena. I feel at home and taken care of whenever I am on campus, and the people are so friendly! This college was my best choice, and I have made many long-lasting friends! I cannot wait to spend three more years there!

Davina

If you like a small school then it is definitely for you. I love siena because it is a great environment and everyone is really friendly and welcoming. All the teachers are willing to help you and care about your grade and want to help you. Everything is extremely close which is good when winter hits, and all of the buildings are open24 hours with saint card which always allows for quiet place to study.

Tobulayefa

It is a great family friendly environment and it’s the right fit for me. I think I will definitely enjoy my years here at Siena and I look forward to having a great future. Siena is a place where everyone wants to be and I will definitely recommend to any and everybody who is looking for a small family campus.

Zoe

While weekends are something to be avoided, it is a wonderful school with helpful and intelligent professors, great academics, and a wonderful social atmosphere. There are many extracurricular activities and sports available to participate in on campus, and while the food is not the best, it definitely isn't the worst. I've enjoyed my time here so far and wouldn't replace it for any other college experience.

Aaliyah

Siena has a welcoming atmosphere. The staff try their best to make you feel welcome when you visit. They are extremely helpful with many different topics. Such as Financial aid, double majoring, (etc). The campus isn’t close to the surround city or town and that can be a problem. But overall the entire school is very well put together and has some amazing features to it.

Melodi

I met great friends here but that's about it. Horrible treatment of alumnus. After spending 160,000$ they won't send me my transcript because of a $400 charge that can only be explained as "room damage" which there was none. Also to pay that charge they only accept cash or check I now live far away from the school very antiquated system. I would say the school is out of touch with reality in terms of how difficult it is to be a young graduate paying student loans and they really nickel and dime you. Very upset with the "customer service" provided here and I would say the support system they wish to provide is more of a facade.

Caitlyn

Siena is a good school academically and I find it challenging. It’s making Students of every major take classes in a variety of disciplines makes for well rounded students. The best thing about Siena, though, is that it is career oriented and does all it can to prepare students for life after graduation. This is not a trait all schools have and is a big part of the reason I chose Siena. Academic, psychological, and professional advice and help are always available as resources for students who choose to use them. Overall, I am happy at Siena. I was also able to find a couple of good clubs in which to make friends even though I am a commuter.

Genesis

Siena College is an amazing college. I love how small the community is. It creates a sense of community. The classes are a great size and professors are really easy to meet with. However, there are a few down sides to the college. Being a minority who attends the college, it is a bit disappointing to see how small the minority community is on campus. In addition to this, the food on campus can get very tiring. There should be more of a variety. Siena College does not have a Greek life. This is something the college should consider changing. A Greek life would create an amazing networking environment. Despite the downfalls, everyone at Siena is extremely nice. The college is located 10/15 minutes outside the city of Albany which is convenient. There are many shops and restaurants. Overall, I rate Siena a 3 out of 5.

Siena College is small school that really, truly feels like home. The upperclassmen make you feel welcome and apart of the community as soon as you step foot into your residence hall building. The teachers that I have found to be most helpful are those that offer office hours and support outside of class. However, there are some professors that I have experienced that don't give you as much attention as you deserve and don't tell you the reason your getting lower-than-expected grades. The food at Siena was just revamped and is super fresh. There are even smoothies! The science department is strong but grading on labs all depends on the professor. Overall, recommend!

Mackenzie

Amazing, I transferred to Siena as a second semester freshman for the opportunities and the biology program and was never disappointed. I originally wanted to go to a relatively large school and get away from small school drama and cliques. Siena is nothing like that, I see new faces everyday and am always making friends.

Ruchika

I just graduated from Siena College and in terms of academics, I could not have asked for a better school. I had some of the best professors not only in business, but all subjects. To this day, I still remember the first day I stepped foot on Siena's Campus. It was in my junior year of highschool and that is when I knew I was going to be coming here. That cliche 'warm fuzzy feeling' that you're supposed to get from a school, I got that at Siena. The community here at Siena is unlike one I have ever seen at any of the college visits following it. You know someone everywhere you go and with some of the kindest people going to the school, that's always a pleasant thing!

Julia

Siena College became a home to me. The night before graduation you realize how special this college is. I will forever hold dear in my heart the professors, the Franciscan friars, the campus, and the many great friends that I met at Siena College. I know that my decision to go to this college was one of the best I have made. Professionally, I felt overly prepared for the world outside of school, especially because of the network Siena builds for you. I was sad to leave, but I am forever thankful for the four years I spent at Siena College.

kelsey

I think Siena College is very welcoming and warm. The campus is extremely beautiful and clean. It is a fairly small campus but for many that is a plus. There are so many amazing restaurants and signature spots such as Starbucks on the campus. There are many places for students to go to relax and study. Overall an amazing place to be.

kelsey

Katherine

Love it

Lily

A must attend. Siena college is one of the best decisions I've made in my entire life. For a small school, Siena's resources are outstanding. The professors go above and beyond to help students. The international student office is amazing and spearheads diversity and inclusion on campus. If you love small classes, want to be well taken care of and want your future career to be truly thought of, then come to Siena College.

Anonymous

If you read a good review about this school they're probably lying. While the academics here are great, along with the professors, there is literally nothing else appealing about this school. The food, party scene, extra curricular, counseling services, sexual education, health services, housing and everything else possible is just simply not what you pay for at all. This is the most not worth it school in the HISTORY of the planet. There's barely ever any parties, and the closest bars cost at least $20 to Uber to each way. Majority of the people here are absolute cliquey people who are stuck in high school. People have gotten LITERAL food poisoning from the dining hall multiple times this year. There is absolutely nothing good about this school in any sense other than academically. D1 sports, yes, we have those. BUT NOBODY GOES TO THE GAMES, AND THE TEAMS SUCK SO. Basically, everything they tell you on tours and during orientation is a lie, they are full of it and they will nickel and dime you the second you arrive here to the second that you leave. Despite the positive things that everyone says about this school, don't believe them. They cover up the bad things. ALSO this school had 52% of students transfer out last year. 52 PERCENT. Don't come here, literally go anywhere else, I'm telling you.

Lindsey

I am going to be a student in the fall and Siena was by far the best college I visited/applied to. They are the most advanced and will provide the highest opportunity for me to succeed. The cost is a little scary to me but I know it’ll be worth it in the end. Go Saints!

Tyler

I thank God every day for the gift of finding this school. I am having so much fun in school and with my Division One Athletic opportunity! My teachers are approachable and easily engaging. I have entered midyear for Spring term and the school personal have been over the top in making me feel welcomed and appreciated. I am looking forward to my four years.