Rocklin, CA
Sierra College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sierra College

cristalle

Diversity and openmindedness.

Diversity and openmindedness.

I would tell myself to take my future seriously and not squander the opportunity to learn. I would also advise that if I did not feel ready to attend school that I should wait as deciding what to study and pursue as a career can and most likely will change as maturity develops.

Someone who has shown no acedmic promise or desire to better their lives by attaining further education.

aubrey

I would tell myself that nobody is too smart to attend a community college. I shied away from attending a community college because everyone told me that my grades were too high, and that my intellgence would be wasted on a community college. So I attended a State University right after I graduated. However, I did not know what I wanted to do with my life. I never thought about it during high school, all I thought about was going to college. Not what I would do there, just that I would go. So I would tell myself to really think about it and if I don't know; go to a community college. Take lots of introductory classes and see what interests me. I am sorry that I havewasted so much time going from a university to a community college and back because I did not know what I wanted to major in. I should have thought about that hard in high school.

The students who don't care and are just attending to waste space. It is a community college and most kids there are not serious. That is very frustrating to someone like me who is very serious about school and excelling. Many of the students in my classes probably will not attend a University or graduate. Sitting in a class where half of the students don't care, is very frustrating.

Dustin

My scholl does a good job for a smaller city.

My scholl does a good job for a smaller city.

Easy going, but usually more conservative individuals.

I would remind myself how close I already am to a fantastic future and career; that endless eye opening experiences and opportunities are just ahead of me. Just four more years of school (and they will fly by at warp speed). If you approach college with a positive perspective, the learning possibilities will be endless.

Nancy

Sierra College is a small, community college that gives a good education and makes going to college affordable.

The tuition is less than many colleges. The campus isn't too large. The professors are excellent and concerned about the students.

Be prepared to focus on your college classes and really get the most out of them. Don't allow yourself to get distracted by all of the other things going on in life to the point where your studies suffer - there will be plenty of time to do some of those things later. You're investing in your future when you take your college classes, make it a wise investment. If you change your major, it's okay. Taking a sampling of classes in different majors while you're taking your general education classes is a great way to figure out what it is that you really want to do!

Veronica

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would recommend myself to take Chemistry in high school. It is extremely hard for me to schedule this course into my semesters, and it would have been much easier to have already experienced Chemistry. I would also tell myself to take some time and think about a major rather than spending extra semesters in college trying to figure it out. The hardest part about transitioning into a college was the commute. I would tell myself to be prepared to wake up extra early to allow time for traffic and time to find a parking space. I would also tell myself not to buy my textbooks brand new from the campus bookstore since they are at least twice as expensive as online. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. College is not cheap, and scholarships are hard to come by, therefore I would tell myself to apply for every single one I found.

Geoffrey

Sierra College has a fairly large campus with nice landscaping and it is extremely economical.

While in high school I had no drive to particitpate in school and I basically did the required work to just get by. If I could go back and tell myself anything with the knowledge I have now, I would say to not worry, things are going to get better. At that age I do not think that anyone, even my own self from the future, could tell me something to get me motivated to work for school mainly because I always fell back on the idea that I was only going to a community college. Nevertheless it would make my life as a college student much easier if I had bitten the bullet and learned how to write a proper essay back when life was not so hectic instead of trying to learn how to do so when real responsiblities are required to live. Knowing this, I would not waste this opportunity to speak to myself with words of wisdom and tell myself to work for the sake of knowledge not for the grades.

Sierra College while a good school has students that generally have no drive to do work in general. The atmosphere is that of high school and it seems like everyone expects to skate through their college experience with no responsiblities.

Dylan

Sierra College is a community college that has a lot to offer including great transfer programs, many degrees, excellent student services like financial aid and counseling, great ways to get involved like clubs and honor societies, and most importantly excellent classes with helpful and smart professors.

I would tell myself to explore the school much more quickly by taking a tour and talking with students and staff. By doing these things I would have been able to get involved in so many things that interested me as soon as possible. Not knowing these things mean you often realize them too late. Two years goes by so quickly so I would encourage myself to get started right away. I would tell myself to take advantage of everything that Sierra College offers such as tutoring, writing center, honors societies, clubs, internships, and so much more.

That I get all the benefits of a college for a very cheap cost. I tell my friends that I am able to transfer to more prestigous schools then if I had gone straight from high school and yet do not have to work multiple jobs or get student loans to pay for my first two years of my education. I tell them I still have every oppurtunity at my school that any four year offers.

Duaa

I always say to myself that if I could go back, I would do many different in my life. If I could go back as a high school senior, I will study hard to complete all the reqiurment. Also, I would take some classes that transfer to the college, because I would have more free time in high school than the college. That all I want to do.

There are many good things in this college, but the important and best is the education. They have many good teachers who learn the students ver well. Also, they always advices the student to do the best.

The person who can pay all the cost for the university. Also, the person who complete all his or her English or math classes in high school. and that help him or her to attend the university quickly.

Daniel

The best advice I could give to myself is take an education now rather than later. I am running into many different problems as an older student. I may not be able to pay off my bills. I am having problems for achieving a bachelors degree. Public funding is getting cut faster and faster every day. Taxes need to be increased on the rich. This unjust war needs to end to help people domestically. Replublicans are taking advantage of our system. Therefore, the best possible advice I could give to myself is, "take an education while you can get it."

Only people who are interested in learning skills to help them intellectually should attend a four year university and a two year. I know many people to do not have adequate skills and are still attending a two year university. They are spending money on a education but, they will not have enough skills to get hired at a better job. This is a major problem for people. Remember, that your skills set is imperitive for achieving a job. Not necessarily ones grades.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the financial cuts. Now, it is becoming increasingly more difficult for people to achieve good skills through the community college systems. This is generally causing the classes to increase in size. This dampens education quality period. I only wish that the education systems were better for every student.

Sierra College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.