Rocklin, CA
Sierra College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sierra College

Alex

Sierra College has so far provided me with the best materials and community to help me succeed with my studies. Sierra College helps me feel safe and comfortable so therefore I am very satisfied with what they have to offer. One thing I am sure to take away from Sierra are the experiences with all the teachers and friends who I have met.

Cadence

Its a community college, so you can get easy credits for cheap, or a degree, but not a college to stay in for a long time, get in and get out. Sports are not emphasized or any other extracurricular. But there is three separate campuses to choose from; Rocklin, Nevada City, and Truckee, with some dorms on the Rocklin campus.

Katelynn

Oh my! If I had the ability to go back in time and talk to my oh so naive high school self I would tell her that she needs to be more active in seeking out colleges and schalorships, beacause there are a lot of scholarship options to assist students with being able to afford school. I would encourage myself to really think about what career path I should choose, because I was not as concerned with it as I should have been. Now with the information that I know now I would definitely encourage myself to start the application processes sooner with the deadlines that are presented. All in all I woud definitely do a lot of things differently.

The best thing about my school is that it doesn't consume most of my day and allows me to work at the same time to be able to save for the extern portion of the course I will be taking.

When talk about school, I make sure that everyone is aware that it is a very well opperated college that assists you with finding financial aid and any other opportunities available to assist you with getting into the course you desire. They are also the one school that was able to offer me the course that I am interested in taking and at a affordable rate!

Isaiah

My classmates are very friendly in the way they interact with eachother, encouraging when working in groups, and focused when they step in the classroom; the students are not disctracting and are all trying to rech a common goal, a great education.

When I talke to my friends about my school, i will brag about the encouraging, friendly and academic environment that takes place. The school's facilities are very good, they have a place for every student, no matter what major, to succeed and get ahead academicly. They encourage their students to stay in shape and healthy from the gym and pool to the food that is available in the cafeteria. Plus, the views on campus are beautiful. Overall this campus has something for every type of student to succeed in the classroom and be happy everyday.

Amy

My school is unique because hundreds of people across the world want to come to be educated here, and I have access to it as though it were in my backyard. It offers a broad scope of education without being overtly expensive. The students and the professors here are kind, supportive, imaginative, and innovative. Students at Sierra College are often looking for a second chance and as a result, are very focussed, positive, and determined. They work hard for everything they have, which is not something I consider common to all schools. Students at Sierra College succeed.

Do not ever feel ashamed about where you decide to educate yourself. You are one of the few who has chosen this path and you should feel confident and proud. It is not as important to consider what your school can do for your education; it is most important to consider what you can do for your education. You will achieve whatever you believe you can achieve, regardless of where you are. In high school, where you go to college is more important than how you educate yourself. Do not let yourself get sucked into the need to attend the most expensive and most prestigious school if that is not where you really want to go. Instead, consider every place and every person an opportunity: an opportunity for discovery, for friendship, for learning. You will get out of your education what you put into it and although that sounds like a lot of misdirected work, it is actually a lot of fun and very rewarding. You are the innovation of the future. So let yourself be comfortable and allow your mind to imagine. That is what college is truly for.

A person who should not attend this school is someone who thinks that fraternities and sororitites are very important. If they value their socio-economic status and think they should be treated special because of it, then they should not attend here. Students who want to do lots of research alongside their professors, who expect to meet lots of guest speakers from big companies, and students who care to excell in liberal arts may not want to attend here.

Miranda

If I could go back in time to talk to my high school senior self I would have told myself to be more excited. College is so much better than highschool. Almost every class you will take is only for one semester, making the year as a whole seem more fresh and productive. I would have told my past self that a two or three hour class in college feels like the one hour class in highschool but better. The professors actually want you to pass the class instead of failing and will therefore give out more challenging homework assingments that make the tests seem easy. I would definately tell mself to network with classmates so I have other people to got to for help with classes if I ever needed it. The last thing I would tell myself is to apply for more scholarships, college is expensive, even at a community college. After paying for classes, books and materials, you are quickly left with a very big hole in your wallet. Use your smarts to earn the money that people are giving away to people like you!

I wish I knew how much college is not like highschool, its so much better! Classes are only two days at a time, not everyday. The professors are truely caring of their students, and are willing to help and give advice. The campus is very laid back and relaxing, making it a perfect place to go anywhere and find the needed peace to study. The professors are very effective in making all of their class time with students a productive time, for teaching and fully preparing thier students for assignments and tests.

The most frustrating thing about Sierra College ( Grass Valley) is the food. Most food on campus is not nutritionally up to code. The campus is infested with vending machines spitting out sodas that have enough sugar to last you a week, and bags of chips and candy. The cafateria has some alright meals, but many of them are meat and bread based meals, perfect for metabolisim crashes. You could argue that students could bring healthy lunches with them everyday, but most won't do that. As horrible as the food on campus is, it's fast, cheap, and convienent.

Nathan

A school where people make the most of what they are offered.

A school where people make the most of what they are offered.

I would tell my high school self to remain focus on the important things in life and not get carried away by all the meaningless things that life throws my way. In college, I feel like I'm in the real world, I'm an adult now, my actions have consequences yet from some time to time I still pretend like I live in my own little utopia. I'm getting older every day, which means I need to take life more seriously and not just have fun all day.

The lack of parking, the school is located on numerous hills, so there are not enough parking spots for all the students so many students have to walk many blocks to get to school.

Chelsea

Sierra College is a wonderful learning enviroment with many amazing and dedicated professors who will do anything to make sure you are successful.

If I was allowed the opportunity to travel back in time to talk to myself as a senior in high school I would make sure to give advice on getting involved in school and making sure to take the opportunities offered to me, but I would not only give the 'traditional' college advice. The most important thing I wish I would have known when I was 17 is that, even though I am only one person, I have the power to change the world and I should go out in the world and do everything I possibly can to make it a better and more peaceful place for everone.

Sierra College lacks diversity. The school is mainly caucasian and middle class, becasue of this students are not able to learn from those who have a diffrent background (both racially ,politically, and socio-economically).

Sierra College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.