Rocklin, CA
Sierra College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sierra College

Daniel

Sierra College is an affordable school that saves you tens of thousands of dollars while providing you with an intamite high quality education,

Assuming I could go back in time, I would tell myself that friends and family are the things that will get you through life. I would tell myself to: Apologize to those I have hurt, and learn to forgive those who have hurt me. Realize all my potential, and teach others to do the same. Endure all of life?s tests, and achieve all life?s goals. Protect the ones I love, and learn to love the rest.

The best thing about Sierra College is the helpful staff and hard working student body.

Jenipher

A want to be out-going, and busy school with not enough teachers or classes.

A want to be out-going, and busy school with not enough teachers or classes.

My classmates are: young ambitous people, older people escaping free time, and people wishing for advancement.

I would go back and tell myself to not slack off on the classes that might seem difficult. Time is limited and take advantage of the rescources left at school. Also just focus on school and avoid intimate relationships till after I earned a degree. I also would give myself the advice to take advantage of the tutoring center anytime I felt I could not handle a class. The classes that are offered at Sierra college are great but I would tell myself to try out other colleges to prusue a better selection of classes. I would also tell myself to save some money because the economy is making things at the school more expensive(such as books) with each progressing year. Just to make things reasonable I would tell myself school is nothing more than an advanced high school where I make the right and wrong choices; and the teachers are not the ones to depend on to learn. For telling myself something worthy I would say I need to look to myself for making the right choices for my future, and not wait for my future to make my choices for me.

Thaddius

Sierra College is ill equiped to teach and prepare young adults for the demands of society.

If I could travel in time to advise myself on the transition to college life I would tell myself, "LIVE UP TO YOUR POTENTIAL WHILE STILL IN HIGHSCHOOL! Too many college students, including your current friends, will waste their time trying to find themselves and discover their interests in the first few years of college rather than hitting the ground running. During their many years of self-discovery they will neglect studies, party, chase girls, and generally waste time that they could have spent studying, travelling, and on worth-while hobbies. If you, Thad, learn to use your time wisely and study hard now you will go into your freshman year of college with an advantage over most other students. To help you understand how many opportunities you have in this country you need to travel. Go to El Salvador and Mexico, see how those people live and how few their open doors are. Go to Europe and open your mind to the great acheivements of men before you, men who lived up to their potential. Take pictures and keep a journal so that you can remember why it is you want to succeed."

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of proffesionalism demonstrated by the staff. Many, if not most, of the professors and staff spend a large amount of class time expressing their personal views on a wide range of topics that are unrelated to the subject matter described in the course syllabus. Many times they try and force their views on the students, and if you do not agree you are belittled in front of your peers. I would prefer the professors to keep to the material described the the course guide.

Kevin

Every single classmate I have come across has been extremely eager to learn and discover new ideas from their classes.

If I could go back to my final year in high school I would tell myself many things. Mostly would be to get a job and save up for classes and books. Also, would be to make sure you are prepared when leaving high school for college by studying and knowing the material before you leave ANY class.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend Sierra College would be the one who wouldn't want to learn because Sierra College is a gateway into a 4-year university without all the pressures and worries of moving away and taking out loans.

Kalani

Sierra Collage is clean, Helpful, and educational.

Sierra Collage is clean, Helpful, and educational.

I would tell myself to listen more to my elders because I realize they know more than I have given my parents, and relatives? credit. Our elders have more wisdom than I had given them credit. If I would have listened I would have not made so many mistakes. They are not old and no nothing. Our elders deserve respect and that is what I do now. I listen more and do less talking. I would tell myself that iI do not know everything. I still don't at the age of nineteen. I am growing still. I thank my parents for putting up with me when I was in High school.

The best thing about the school is how organize the scholl is for the new students.

Jen

My classmates are very welcoming, and a majority of them keep an open mind listening to others even though they are totally opposite in personality.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I wouldn't have made any changes. All of the goals and priorities in high school that I had set for myself have been met. I took the long nights of studying day by day, and kept up with my grades by taking baby steps. I volunteered my time to be the student athletic trainer and manager for the high school wrestling team, and helped coached a middle school volleyball team. My senior, and junior, year I took an R.O.P. sports medicine class. This program has, and will, greatly help me in changing my passions in to my profession. My senior year was a year of no regrets and great memories.

Sierra College has a diverse group of students from age, ethnicity, majors, and athletics. Any type of person would like Sierra College because it's not that far away from the hills or the city. Sierra also offers free tutoring programs that are really taken to heart. I can't think of one person that would talk down about Sierra College because it has a little bit of everything.

marika

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would congratulate myself on where I was and on what I will do. Throughout high school I suffered with a chronic illness. It was not easy to make it to all of my classes, and at one point had to drop some. However, I did not give up. I pushed through and despite the thoughts of others, am now attending college full time. I would tell my "senior self" to keep going, that all the work is worth it. I would tell mself to keep going in the direction I am, and to keep believing in myself. With the help of counselors and colleges like Sierra College, I can and am getting a good, solid education which will help me in the future. I was, I am, a strong woman and education only makes me stronger!

The worst thing about Sierra is probably the weather. I'm used to it as i grew up in the area, but it can get quite wet and cold.

Sierra College is a good place to go if you are undecided on your major and want to "test the waters" and or save money. They have a good selection of classes for both general ed and specific majors. However, most classes are up to standard with 4-year schools and need work put into them to do well. Sierra is not a place for slackers!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I actually realized about college I would say: College is alot different from high school and you have to take everything seriously. It is alot harder than high school and making the transition from high school to college is probably the hardest part. You have to be confident and not afraid to speak up. In high school teachers didn't really care when you said you do not want to speak in front of the class, and I was one of those people, I hated talking in front of the class. When I started college the teachers there didn't take no for an answer, you do what they say. The advice I would give myself as a "high school senior" is to take things more seriously and actually prepare myself for things ahead of time instead of waiting for the last minute to do everything. College is not a big party, like most teens think, college is your future.

Jessi

Sierra College is an excellent community college with a helpful staff that priovides the building blocks for one's future.

Looking back now, i wish i would have researched ALL my options before making my final college plans. There may have been some opportunities that i passed up that would have really benefited me now. But in the end, one does not have to have all the answers in high school. College is all about finding yourself and figuring out your future. Expect the unexpected, and stay strong and focused. Keep striving for what makes you happy and you will suceed.

The worst thing at Sierra College would have to be the little support it receives from its own student body. It seems students dont make the effort to be active in representing their college and fighting for it, especially now with all the financial distress Sierra is experiencing.

Layne

Don't sweat the small stuff. Don't feel pressured to attend college immediately, much can be learned from the work-force. When an opportunity presents itself, grasp it. Much will change in your life, but it will be an amazing and gratifying journey. You have no idea what is in store for you. Smile.

After many years in the work force, from age 19 to 24, I have finally returned to school. I am currently on the President's List, and continuing to surpass scholastic expectations.

Sierra College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.