Rocklin, CA
Sierra College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sierra College

Jen

My classmates are very welcoming, and a majority of them keep an open mind listening to others even though they are totally opposite in personality.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school I wouldn't have made any changes. All of the goals and priorities in high school that I had set for myself have been met. I took the long nights of studying day by day, and kept up with my grades by taking baby steps. I volunteered my time to be the student athletic trainer and manager for the high school wrestling team, and helped coached a middle school volleyball team. My senior, and junior, year I took an R.O.P. sports medicine class. This program has, and will, greatly help me in changing my passions in to my profession. My senior year was a year of no regrets and great memories.

Sierra College has a diverse group of students from age, ethnicity, majors, and athletics. Any type of person would like Sierra College because it's not that far away from the hills or the city. Sierra also offers free tutoring programs that are really taken to heart. I can't think of one person that would talk down about Sierra College because it has a little bit of everything.

marika

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would congratulate myself on where I was and on what I will do. Throughout high school I suffered with a chronic illness. It was not easy to make it to all of my classes, and at one point had to drop some. However, I did not give up. I pushed through and despite the thoughts of others, am now attending college full time. I would tell my "senior self" to keep going, that all the work is worth it. I would tell mself to keep going in the direction I am, and to keep believing in myself. With the help of counselors and colleges like Sierra College, I can and am getting a good, solid education which will help me in the future. I was, I am, a strong woman and education only makes me stronger!

The worst thing about Sierra is probably the weather. I'm used to it as i grew up in the area, but it can get quite wet and cold.

Sierra College is a good place to go if you are undecided on your major and want to "test the waters" and or save money. They have a good selection of classes for both general ed and specific majors. However, most classes are up to standard with 4-year schools and need work put into them to do well. Sierra is not a place for slackers!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I actually realized about college I would say: College is alot different from high school and you have to take everything seriously. It is alot harder than high school and making the transition from high school to college is probably the hardest part. You have to be confident and not afraid to speak up. In high school teachers didn't really care when you said you do not want to speak in front of the class, and I was one of those people, I hated talking in front of the class. When I started college the teachers there didn't take no for an answer, you do what they say. The advice I would give myself as a "high school senior" is to take things more seriously and actually prepare myself for things ahead of time instead of waiting for the last minute to do everything. College is not a big party, like most teens think, college is your future.

Jessi

Sierra College is an excellent community college with a helpful staff that priovides the building blocks for one's future.

Looking back now, i wish i would have researched ALL my options before making my final college plans. There may have been some opportunities that i passed up that would have really benefited me now. But in the end, one does not have to have all the answers in high school. College is all about finding yourself and figuring out your future. Expect the unexpected, and stay strong and focused. Keep striving for what makes you happy and you will suceed.

The worst thing at Sierra College would have to be the little support it receives from its own student body. It seems students dont make the effort to be active in representing their college and fighting for it, especially now with all the financial distress Sierra is experiencing.

Layne

Don't sweat the small stuff. Don't feel pressured to attend college immediately, much can be learned from the work-force. When an opportunity presents itself, grasp it. Much will change in your life, but it will be an amazing and gratifying journey. You have no idea what is in store for you. Smile.

After many years in the work force, from age 19 to 24, I have finally returned to school. I am currently on the President's List, and continuing to surpass scholastic expectations.

Sean

I would tell myself not to take college so easy it is a huge step between high school. I would also tell myself to meet a consuelor more so i could set up a better plan for my degree and not waste so much time on unesscary classes.

Some one who has to work to support themselves either being an older adult or someone that doesnt have too much money avialable to them yet want to attend good colleges.

How many cheap it is compared to going to universities right of high school. That you can recieve that same education and transfer to your desired school saving thousands of dollars a year in tuition.

Savannah

I would tell myself to get rid of the guy because he is holding me back and hurting me. Then I would tell myself to work harder and get on track with scholarships. Keep my head up and do not let high school drama knock me down. Get started with my life earlier so it did not hit me as hard and live my life. Actually be happy with where I am going and who I am. Self- esteem helps loads when transitioning.

That growing up is very hard and if your not ready for it it will hit you in the face with reality. That things after high school are not a piece of cake.

Student's that are not willing to do the work and try. I know most people believe you can skate through community college, but honestly you still have to work and keep focused don't let yourself get too overwhelmed.

George

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice about my future, I would tell myself to pursue what I really love. While i have figured out that I should study my passion, I wish I would've realized it earlier. When choosing a course of study, many people are concerned about practicality as opposed to passion. Because of this, they often choose something that they are not truly dedicated to or do not love; they go for a field or job that is considered "stable." The fact of the matter is, however, that no matter what you love, there is always an opportunity for you. I wish I would have began studying music earlier in my college career; I would have enjoyed school much more. I am glad that I made the change now, and I find myself more deeply interested in going to school and continuing my education. If you do what you love you'll never have to work a day in your life, and I now truly understand the relevance of that statement in my life.

I wish I had known of all the resources available to me before i came. Knowing that there all a variety of ways to get the help I need is always something that is comforting in your first year of college. There are counseling and career connections, as well as alot more financial aid than i thought I could earn. There are so many things to help you in so many ways.

If you are a person who is financially set back, Sierra is good for you. With a wide variety of financial aid available and a low cost to attend, this college allows you to learn at a price that won't put you in debt. Even if you aren't severely strained financially, Sierra is a great way to save money before jumping into a larger university. If you are not sure of a major, Sierra is a great place to go to find out. Utillizing counseling and career resources help you to figure out your future.

Brianna

Sierra College is best know for its nursing and firefighting programs, and for being the best community college in the state.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior and tell myself what I know now about college and making the transition, I would tell myself that there is no shame in going to a junior college and that the classroom enviornment is very welcoming. At my high school, students were pressured to go to a four year university right out of high school and were told that it was best if that school was away from home. I would also tell myself that the classes are very interesting, that I would already know many people in those classes, that the transition wouldn't be as hard as I thought it would be, and that on top of all of this I would still get good grades and have a great college experience. I would also point out that my time at a four year university (especially in this time of decreased class offerings) would be made easier by having all of my general education classes already done, and that I would save a huge amount of money. This is what I would say if I could go back.

There is nothing really bad about Sierra College, but the one thing that could be better would be school spirit. The only people who really go to the games or participate at Homecoming are the players, the cheerleaders and their friends and family.

Randi

In most of my classes, the students usually are fully interested in the subject and they often are very communicative in the classroom.

I would tell myself that I need to make sure to not only use the time in the classroom wisely, but I also need to take time outside of the classroom to study. I must study beyond what the professor's have discussed during class and to set up meetings with my professors to discuss what I should study more in depth. I would also tell myself that there are many resources when I'm in need of assistance, so don't be afraid to use them!

The type of person that should attend Sierra should be a hard working student who is looking to acheive a goal successfully. There are many different educational routes that a person could take while attending Sierra. Therefore a person could attend if they have a specific goal in mind or if they need to search through the many different classes to find what catches their attention best.

Sierra College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.