Rocklin, CA
Sierra College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sierra College

Kaitlyn

I would say that Sierra College has a diverse campus. It's full of students from all different ethnic and culutral backgrounds. The school is functional not just for young students but for the ones returning to restart their education. I like how the campus is not big and confusing; I can get from class to class with out being late or getting lost.

I would tell myself to never give up. There will be times when you want to but hold on strong and keep pushing forward. I would also tell myself to be more prepared for challenges. If I could go back I would have applied for more scholarships but since I was not prepared most of the financial opportunities slipped by me. I would also tell myself to study, study, study. While in college I have been able to maintain a 3.5 GPA but my studying habits could be improved. I would tell myself to procrastinate less and prepare more. Also to enjoy college life by interacting in more campus activities and engaging in more group functions. I think the last thing I would tell myself is to enjoy college even though it may seem like the worst thing in the world at times. College passes by too quickly and if you don't enjoy it, you'll miss out on some great memories.

I tend to brag about the teachers. At Sierra College the teaching staff is dedicated to helping the students succeed to their full potential. If I was struggleing in a class my teachers were always willing to help me before, during, or after class with whatever problems I had. If I ever felt that I was graded poorly on an assignment, my teachers were willing to discuss the problem and come to a fair descision. The teachers have a professional manner yet they are still able to relate with their students that allows for greater success in the classroom.

Jasmine

Sierra College is a good stepping stone toward a university, and provides a great environment for learning.

High school seems to be more about what you do than what you know. At that point you could easily get by learning nothing, but doing all of the work. In college it is the exact opposite. Most of the time you will not have much work, but you need to know your stuff. Start learning how to study now, because it will really help in the long run.

There seem to be more students then there is room for in classes, and it's almost impossible to get the schedule you need. It is very important to not rely on drop-ins, because you will most likely be competing with at least twenty other students to get that class.

Alycia

I would tell myself to keep working hard. Achieving the best you can in high school is a great step towards college and makes the transition much easier. I would also tell myself not to fear. College and all the hard work and long hours of studying involved can seem daunting but it's worth it. College is a wonderful experience. It helps you to discover who you are and what you are capable of and shapes you into a better person. College helps understand the world better. If you put in the effort you will always get out what you deserve. Enjoy the time you have there and the people that you meet, because it will go faster than you expect.

I like my school because it is accepting place for all types of students. There are many opportunities to get involved within the school and with other students. It pushes you to succeed and achieve.

I don't think anyone should not attend school, especially a two-year school. Two year schools are great opportunities to expand your education and explore the different areas of study that you find most interesting. Education helps expand your mind and view of the world, and shape you into a stronger and brighter person.

The environment of Sierra College is so organic, so natural and down to earth, that it is very comfortable and easy to learn and study, but at the same time, if needed, it provides wonderful places to just relax and destress.

Going back to talk to my senior self now would be interesting, and an opportunity I would likely pass on because I wouldn't change any of those lessons that I learned, experiences I've had, or who I've become since then. But on the off chance that I did, I would smack myself upside the head and tell myself, "Pull it together! Take that class you should take, even though you don't want to and don't have to! It will open up more opportunities for you and make things go by easier and faster! And don't be discouraged if it feels like things haven't changed much, that it's the same old thing, and not at all like you were especting it to be. It takes some looking, but once you find it, you will see that everything is different there. And don't be afraid to take the opportunities to go out and have fun. Make new friends and keep in contact with them, it makes it all easier and worthwhile. And most of all, be prepared to study harder than ever before!"

The diviersity of the campus is really on of my favorite things there. Everyone is there from the techies to the "hippies" to the fashionistas! That along with the huge selection of classes alows me to explore and grow in all the different sides of my personality.

Sofiya

These past two years of college have been quite a challenge. I do not regret it one bit, but there are definitely some things I would do different if I had the knowledge I have now back when I was a high school senior. I worked so hard my first three years in high school that when it came to senior year I felt I needed to reward myself by taking it easy. All those years of hard work and discipline and then one big break brought me to a rude awakening when I came to college. I had to retrain myself and work extra hard to get back into the disciplined, hardworking mentality. If I kept at it with full commitment, it would have made such a difference. Maybe even the opportunity to explore more and get a step closer to choosing a major. Another thing I would tell myself then, not to underestimate or devalue my worth or brains. I know I?m intelligent, but sometimes I felt I couldn?t fulfill my full potential because it would intimidate some of my friends. When really it could have inspired them.

The best thing about my school is some of the staff who is working there. I've come in contact with some great teachers who I just happened to take their class for no specific reason and then learned more than I thought possible. And not only teachers but some of the other staff working there. These people really add to the environment of the school and make it so much more comfortable and a much better experience for any student. I really appreciate how much they have helped and influenced me.

The most frustrating thing was being totally confused and not knowing who to talk to, what to do, or how to explain it. I chose a community college because I had no idea what major I wanted to pursue. Although I met with counselors before the beginning of each semester, I felt like they couldn?t help me as much because I couldn?t tell them what I wanted. So by mid-semester I?d become frustrated as to why I?m taking a certain class and why I?m not figuring things out like I thought I would.

cristalle

Diversity and openmindedness.

Diversity and openmindedness.

I would tell myself to take my future seriously and not squander the opportunity to learn. I would also advise that if I did not feel ready to attend school that I should wait as deciding what to study and pursue as a career can and most likely will change as maturity develops.

Someone who has shown no acedmic promise or desire to better their lives by attaining further education.

aubrey

I would tell myself that nobody is too smart to attend a community college. I shied away from attending a community college because everyone told me that my grades were too high, and that my intellgence would be wasted on a community college. So I attended a State University right after I graduated. However, I did not know what I wanted to do with my life. I never thought about it during high school, all I thought about was going to college. Not what I would do there, just that I would go. So I would tell myself to really think about it and if I don't know; go to a community college. Take lots of introductory classes and see what interests me. I am sorry that I havewasted so much time going from a university to a community college and back because I did not know what I wanted to major in. I should have thought about that hard in high school.

The students who don't care and are just attending to waste space. It is a community college and most kids there are not serious. That is very frustrating to someone like me who is very serious about school and excelling. Many of the students in my classes probably will not attend a University or graduate. Sitting in a class where half of the students don't care, is very frustrating.

Dustin

My scholl does a good job for a smaller city.

My scholl does a good job for a smaller city.

Easy going, but usually more conservative individuals.

I would remind myself how close I already am to a fantastic future and career; that endless eye opening experiences and opportunities are just ahead of me. Just four more years of school (and they will fly by at warp speed). If you approach college with a positive perspective, the learning possibilities will be endless.

Nancy

Sierra College is a small, community college that gives a good education and makes going to college affordable.

The tuition is less than many colleges. The campus isn't too large. The professors are excellent and concerned about the students.

Be prepared to focus on your college classes and really get the most out of them. Don't allow yourself to get distracted by all of the other things going on in life to the point where your studies suffer - there will be plenty of time to do some of those things later. You're investing in your future when you take your college classes, make it a wise investment. If you change your major, it's okay. Taking a sampling of classes in different majors while you're taking your general education classes is a great way to figure out what it is that you really want to do!

Veronica

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would recommend myself to take Chemistry in high school. It is extremely hard for me to schedule this course into my semesters, and it would have been much easier to have already experienced Chemistry. I would also tell myself to take some time and think about a major rather than spending extra semesters in college trying to figure it out. The hardest part about transitioning into a college was the commute. I would tell myself to be prepared to wake up extra early to allow time for traffic and time to find a parking space. I would also tell myself not to buy my textbooks brand new from the campus bookstore since they are at least twice as expensive as online. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. College is not cheap, and scholarships are hard to come by, therefore I would tell myself to apply for every single one I found.

Sierra College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.