Silver Lake College of the Holy Family

« See more reviews of Silver Lake College of the Holy Family

If I could go back to my senior year I would have told myself to take fun classes instead of college courses because, you are only a senior one time. I would tell myself to prepare for a lot of reading and writing essays; it's better to get ahead in all of your classes rather than getting behind in your homework. I wouldn't have taken a sport my first year of college because, working, going to school, and playing a sport doesn't give you much time to really study for everything. It's a hard and compact schedule that freshman students shouldn't do. I should have easied into everything before going full board with trying to get involved with as much as I can in college. I figured I would be able to meet knew people this way but, I got ahead of myself way to fast. This is all I would tell myself but, I guess life is a lesson that we all have to learn at some point in our lives.

I'd tell myself to drop the notion of the grandeur of the "prestigious" colleges out there. A real education comes from professors who devote their time, attention, and lives to the students, not from some Ivy League professors who are so caught up in their own little projects and attempts for fame that teaching their own classes is nothing more than an annoyance. I'd tell myself to pace out my life more, that all things come in time if I let them, and that the only real formula for success is not through the name of the university you put down on your resume, but through diligence, hard work, and an irrefutable will .

I was a transfer student at this school, and enjoy it much more than my original university. I feel as though I have finally found a school where I fit in, and get the help I need to succeed. Everyone at Silverlake is so helpful, and make my goal that much easier to obtain. I'm so glad I made the decision to transfer to Silver Lake, because it's where I belong!

DO NOT GO OUT WITH HIM. YOUR EDUCATION IS MORE IMPORTANT. MAKE ROOM FOR YOURSELF IN YOUR LIFE. DO NOT LET YOUR LIFE REVOLVE AROUND ANYONE ELSE (UNTIL YOU HAVE CHILDREN). GOOD LUCK AND FEAR GOD, BECAUSE HE WILL ALWAYS BE WATCHING AND HE WILL ALWASYS FORGIVE YOU.