Simmons College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Simmons College

Joy

Overall Simmons is a good education, but pricey. I am in the graduate FNP program, so I was only on campus for one week. It was a great experience and there is a lot to do around campus. We went to the art museum that is within walking distance and it was free to Simmons student. The area was beautiful and there are a lot of colleges in the area. I would consider going to school on campus if I was younger.

Tisha

Natasha

I have enjoyed my first three years of Simmons and believe I will enjoy my Senior year. I have learned so much about myself and the communities around me. The discourse on campus can be challenging, but it is only because we believe in making each other better. I will be proud to call myself an Alumna one day.

Olivia

Simmons College is a great school with great academics. Students are very involved in social justice, although many people focus on gender and sexuality (it's a women's centered college). I've always felt safe and welcome at Simmons, but there aren't very many students of color.

Amy

Your Moment. Your Move. Your Simmons.

Lena

I feel at home at Simmons College. I had a lot of options when applying for colleges and getting accepted into most of them made it a difficult decision to choose. However, that decision was made a lot easier when I attended their orientation session. The kind of environment the students and staff create for you is so welcoming and the professors being so dedicated to your learning experience has made Simmons truly the right decision for me. I will be a senior this fall and I am looking forward to my final year at the institution, but am also saddened that I will be soon leaving it. However, I know that when I do, I will be as committed towards my future goals as much as Simmons invested in me and my education.

lena

Overall Simmons is a great school. The campus is small and you end up knowing majority of the people in the class. The library is pretty modern with lots of study rooms. The campus has two coffee locations and the cafeteria area has lots of food options. The classroom content is challening and engaging, and I have had the best professors here.

Zoe

I really like Simmons College. It took me the first semester to get over being homesick but I never stopped liking Simmons. The facility and staff make this school feel like a tight knit community in a large city. I have found some of my very best friends here and have established a great support system.

SOMALI

Simmons is a great place. The students as well as the teachers are welcoming. I visited for the first time and i knew this was a community I wanted to be apart of. The overnight and orientation gave me the perfect view of Simmons.

Meredith

Great university! I applied to the didactic program in dietetics. I will be attending in January of 2017, taking the program full time. The university has a great location within the city of Boston, which is very important to be in choosing the correct program.

This school sucks. It should be shut down.

Simmons is in many ways a very supportive place. I'm the type of student who will meet my professors and ask questions after class and take advantage of the services that are provided, and my experience so far has been that if you seek help/engagement/learning, you can find it. But if you wanted to sail through college without learning anything, I'm pretty sure you could do it at Simmons, and you might even get decent grades. Some professors will hold you to a high standard, but many (okay, speaking after two semesters but still....) are pretty easy on students and teach to the exam. If you want to be challenged, you need to seek it yourself here.

Brianna

great academics. hard to fit in and make friends. small school but easy to be invisible. book store is too small, difficult people to deal with. Professors have been great. food is fair. dorms are horrible, small, dark, bathrooms are old and cold. safe campus.

Jamie

My overall opinion of Simmons College is that it is a place where women can come and get a good education. They are a women's college and they strive to empower women to get higher education and be leaders in their field of choice. Simmons is one of the more expensive colleges to attend especially for a program such as RN-MSN on-line there are many programs that are less expensive. Their online platform for learning is not set up in a way that most graduate programs are, their faculty do not teach they simply guide and this is not helpful to graduate students.

Alexis

Simmons University formerly Simmons College is an exceptional school, I am so pleased with my decision to attend. The professors genuinely care about not only their students academic success but their overall success and happiness. This campus has a truly exceptional sense of community, a fellow student referred to Simmons as a giant sorority; she said this because everyone is so incredibly kind and caring about one another even if they have never met. The only thing I would alter if I had the chance would be the the food at the main dining hall, the food is good however it is the same few meals each week. This is not too big of an issue because Simmons is located in the heart of Boston Ma so there are plenty of affordable places to eat!

Abigail

It is a great community with plenty of campus activities and clubs that span a wide variety of interests. The faculty is very committed to engaging the Simmons community both on campus and within the Boston Community. The professors are extremely approachable, friendly and easy to reach.

Kate

Simmons College overall is a great option; especially those looking to major in nursing, physical therapy, social work, etc. Those who want to major in the medical field definitely have an advantage due to Simmons being so close to the top hospitals in the country. This location not only has top hospitals but it also has other great colleges close-by, many shopping and food options, museums, Fenway park, and so much more. The campus may be small, but you have a whole city at your fingertips. That's what I enjoyed most, along with the small class sizes, and the personable professors.

Clare

Even though the major I graduated with ended up not being for me, I still received a great education. Most classes were small and taught by professors who were personally invested in my success. Many were willing to informally mentor me and were accessible outside of class time. Unfortunately, the academics are the only thing I can praise. The student body, campus activities, advising, food, dorms, administration, financial services, their “diversity,” willingness to accept transfer credits, registrar’s office, and anything else along these lines I may have forgotten we’re all AWFUL. There are not enough words to describe just how bad they were. One example: I had a different advisor every year, and none of them knew anything, even about basic major/graduation requirements. I’ve also had to request transcripts post-graduation, and the registrar’s office would never send them where they needed to go. Many of the students here were some of the worst people I have ever met. Very unfortunate that a women’s college that’s all about empowerment is a real-life version of the movie “Mean Girls.“ Do yourself a favor and attend another school.