Simpson College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Simpson College

Daria

I really like it at Simpson College. It has a really great community feeling. I choose it because it felt like home to me. I also play sports so that helps me to get to know people and I have made my best friends through playing on the team. I also really like the small class sizes. The professors get to know you and you get to know most of the people in you classes. Once you get to your major classes, it's hard not to get to know those people because you have all your classes with them. Simpson is a great place to go to school.

Danielle

It's a good school academics wise, particularly if you're looking at going into music or pre-med. However, housing and food could be better, especially considering it is a private school, and the environment can be a bit much. It is a college, but it is still located in a fairly mid-size town in Iowa. Therefore, there is some discrimination among students and a lot of cliques and competition. There are some great campus organizations to combat this (such as feminist club or PRIDE), but you need to be prepared for what you'd typically see in a small town if you choose Simpson.

Small college town, but great people and atmosphere

Hannahlynn

It is a great college! Everyone is friendly and welcoming. I have noticed this, not just on campus visits, where first impressions are oh-so-important, also during classes once school actually started. Also the professors are amazing! They are very willing to make things work for you. As a college student, yes, you have to take responsibility and do your work, but if you do so they are going to help you out.

Thomas

We thought the staff and students were very friendly and knowledgeable. The professor who runs the tutoring services made my parent feel like they were there to help me succeed. The football coaches we over and above to make us feel like this is where they want us.

sydney

My overall opinion of Simpson College is this is the best school I could ever dream of. The opportunities are endless here on campus, not to mention all the things you could do in the community also. Simpson is also a very diverse campus and everyone appreciates it, nobody feels unwelcome Simpson is our home. Ask anyone and I bet they will give you a similar answer about their life on or with Simpson as a whole. I would not change anything with Simpson they are in my opinion the best school you could go to.

Dean

Simpson College has been the best experience for me this freshman year. Not only has it build up my character, but it has given me the opportunities to create a life for myself. The professors are always helpful when you have a question during class or during their office hours. There is a diversity of majors and academics to choose from and we are big in sports although we are division III in the NCCA. We have a big Music department that ranges from vocal, instrumentalist, and orchestra with many extracurricular activities such as Opera, Madrigal Opera, and Jazz Band. The professors treat you like colleagues and you will get to know each other instead of being another number in a big university. I'm proud to be a Simpson student and I hope that Simpson will be the right college for you.

Meredith

It is a great college with a lot of potential. But I think they spend tuition money on non-needed activities and events. The academics are challenging but not impossible. I would recommend​ any of the athletics to kids that were average in high school but we do not have the best teams.

Zoe

I love Simpson. I love the small classes, community, religious life, and athletics. Faculty and staff are very approachable and accessible. The professors interact with students inside and outside of the classroom. They get to know all of their students. The professors really make sure students are doing well in their class and reach out if needed. The campus is small and easy to navigate, The small size creates a community. Everyone is friendly and tries to get to know other students.

Averi

From the moment I walked on campus, I was in love with how beautiful it was. As I begun to apply and talk with students and staff, I realized how personalized they were. They have reached out to me in every way possible and it has made all the difference. I feel like I really matter there. The campus is safe and clean and extremely friendly.

Mackenzie

Simpson college is a wonderful school and campus. It gives a fantastic variety of options and the support needed to succeed in the future. I believe that Simpson prepares students for the future and gives them tools to be successful in the classroom. It provides wonderful staff who are available to help a student succeed.

Overall, Simpson College is a pretty good school. A majority of professors are very accessible and open to talking both in and out of class, and the faculty is overall very helpful. If you participate in TRIO, the ladies there are very helpful and understanding of college. However, life on campus can kind of suck if you rely on the college entirely for food, and if you're actually serious about college just hope that you don't get put on a floor with a bunch of partiers. There is not a lot of diversity in the menu, and oftentimes the food is not cooked all of the way through.