Redding, CA
Simpson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Simpson University

Rebecca

Please reconsider attending community college... you will regret the student loan debt in about six years. But since I know you aren't going to listen to me, my next most important piece of advice is this: Whatever you do TURN IN that paper for your Utopia/Anti-Utopia literature course because you will cause your teacher grief and yourself. (Countless years later you will continue to kick yourself for not turning in that one assignment.) Most importantly, pursue your degree for what YOU want to do, not because of other people's expectations. You already know the answers, just trust yourself. Lastly, you are going to do things the hard way, and life is going to bring much pain, but it will also bring much joy. The path you choose will be one of the hardest, but don't ever give up. Just remind yourself, everything must begin with a single step. You WILL graduate, and you will be successful, but only if you give your best effort and take that trecherous first step. All the experiences you accumulate along the way will have purpose, and you will be a source of strength for many people as well.

Everyone seems to be professional and genuinely interested in the best possible educational experience. I was impressed by the admission process and the enrollment advisor. Also, financial aid and other administrative functions have been extremely efficient.

Not all courses are available in the bookstore.

Shaquiya

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making transition, I would make sure that I gave myself some useful advice. I would tell myself to make sure that I study as hard as I can. Coming into college, I was still on a high school studying schedule and could not seem to get over it. Being a health student requires lots of study time because one has to take many rigorous science courses. In saying this, I would describe the horrible time I had trying to maintain a low C in general biology my freshman year of college. as well as the horrible time I had retaking both Anatomy and Physiology one and two twice. Hopefully, hearing these things will help to prepare me for the science area and I could make better grades than I did in those classes, which I have to pass to gradate. Then maybe, just maybe, I would not have to get my AA degree after three years in college and take even longer to get my bachelor's degree and go further in my education.

Shayanne

Even though you might be extremely nervous and a bit scared, being in college is nothing to be worried about. Life in college is much more fun than high school ever was, even if you were perfectly comfortable in the high school setting. Compared to high school teachers, college professors will treat you respectfully as an adult, something everyone always wants. They are not there to criticize you and tell you what you can't do; rather, they teach in a more relatable style that creates a positive feeling when learning new material. Also, do not be nervous if you are going to be on a sports team. All of the players have to or have had to be in the place where you will be when you show up on the first day. If you were recruited and are on scholarship to play a sport, you are obviously good enough to be playing for your college. Over all, branch out and make new friends, be involved in on-campus activities, join a club, participate in events, and make memories you will never forget.

The worst thing about the school is that we only have one gym. The reason this is a problem is because all the of the sports teams that require a gym must scramble for gym time off-season. If we had two gyms, there would be enough time for every team to practice conveniently.

Pettress

Many times I wished I could go back with the knowledge that I have now. Growing up I was not considered a bad or troubled child. My downfall wasn’t knowing how much I was able to accomplish by applying myself. As a young child I was diagnosed with dyslexia. Not understanding my disability lead me to believe that I was stupid. No matter how hard I worked, I still fell behind in my studies. I made it through high school with the support of my mother. She pushed me to work harder and to learn my strengths so that I could focus my time on bettering my weaknesses. At the time, I didn't understand why she worked me so hard. I learned that I was able to do everything that everyone around me could. I have an associate’s degree in dental assisting and would love to obtain my dental hygienist license. If I could go back in time, I would treat my life as if I believed that I had a future. Making changes in my thinking and confidence level, would have enabled me to believe in myself and ensured that I had an even brighter future.

Taryn

My classmates are very diverse from all different backgrounds and religions, despite the university being a Christian college: most of them do not seem too highly motivated because most students are music majors or there strictly for sports.

You won't be able to successfully do the time management for ROTC: don't even bother with trying. Hit hard on the classes instead, you'll need to take a lot of credits each semester in order to make up for the lost time when you study abroad in Oxford for a year. Take World Regional Geography earlier when you're taking lighter classes so that you can spend more time studying for it and get a good grade. When you're going for dorm rooms, even though Irwin is described as the Freshman dorm, it has a better layout and better storage than the older students' dorms: go for Irwin. Take advantage of the tutoring system: even if you're doing well, they help edit papers. If you bring your car (which you really shouldn't), then you only need the two meal per day plan and you can go home every weekend. Going home disrupts routine and can throw you off when you need to do homework: it's better to just stay on campus and push through all the work.

The lack of actual merit scholarships and the full spectrum of fees. The lack of study space and ability for alone time.

Kathryne

Hey you. YOU! Over there. With the carefree attitude and hopeful eyes. Financial aid wise, you’re screwed so start looking into loads of scholarships where the only thing that matters is your essay. Get a job, save up and apply to everything you possibly can. But you can still go to Community. I am you 2 years down the road, saving a boatload while not skimping on the education. It’s been wonderful, but it’s time for change. Just save. So you can transfer smoothly into that four year institution. Because when push comes to shove, you don’t wanna be me- scrambling, praying, hoping, scouring for aid anywhere you can so you can go, but doubting yourself and the belief that everything will work out. It was once your mantra. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch, kid. You got into college- great, but 2 weeks before you get there, you’ll “owe” before attending. (But that's okay because visiting it, it didn’t feel right anyhow). Strive to discover those coins. Treasure every penny. Add it to your imaginary jar. Pray for the unthinkable-actually attending Purchase College in two Falls.

Kalie

Depending on the class, my classmates are interested in learning but occasionally inattentive and easily distractable; in general education courses, students typically do not pay attention as much as they would in their chosen field.

Hello, self, it's you from the future. I'm writing to give you some much needed advice. The most important thing I can tell you is that from this point forward, your life is about making you happy. It's not about what your family thinks you should do, what your friends want you to do, or anybody else's opinion; it's about you and what you want. This sounds like a lot of freedom, but it really comes with a lot of responsibility. This is your life to live, nobody else can live it for you. Also remember that what's meant to happen will happen no matter how many steps you take or in which direction you took them. There is no shame in changing your plans if you realize you're not happy or if something doesn't seem right. Remember to have fun and be yourself at all times. If people cannot accept you for who you truly are, then move on. Best wishes in whatever life throws your way.

I really wish I knew how few and far between the arts are at my school; we have a very strong music program and only one theater class, that is the general extent of the arts meshing with academics.

Alexa

I have made life-long relationships, I have close relationships with my professors and have been in a posittive and encouraging environment. I would never trade my college experience.

The commuinty is the best aspect of my campus. We are a smaller school but have a multitude of opportunities to come together to hangout, study, worship, and participate in fun campus events. The surrounding city also recognizes the Simpson University community by how people interact with our students. Without such a close and tight-knit university I would have never experienced the incredible life-long friendships I now have.

I love my university but if I had to name one thing I was not too fond of I would have to probably say the cafeteria. Most colleges brag of their "freshman fifteen" but in my personal experience it was quite the opposite. I lost weight becuase I did not want to eat the horrible food being served. The only positive statement I can say is that the cafeteria has improved evry year since I have attended.

Robin

My school id known for being religious.

My school id known for being religious.

I have gotten an education so that when I go to do my carreer I will be better prepared for being able to help people effectively, and successfully. I also am a first generation college student in my family, and was a single teen parent. I took many classes that helped prepare me for what needed to be done in the community and what is out there to know within the community. I hope to hgive someone else inspiration to go on and not stop even with the barriers in there life. I want to make a differance in as many peoples lifes as I can, I plan on continuing all the way to get my masters degree. I think between schooling and life experiances has better prepared me for my future.

The worst thing about my school is that there are limited classes and schedules for your degree.

Robin

My school is best known for private religious school. I like that because I am a religious person and like being able to have a choice. It also offers several fast track programs such as the ASPIRE program that I want to go through where you are on a fast track and can do your degree in 14 months.

I have gotten an educational experiance out of college that I would not have recieved through work experiance. The subjects that I have teken have prepared me for the career I want to have wich is social work. The classes I have taken have provided me with information and knowledge that I needed to be more prepared in assisting people. I believe without this education I would not be equipt to help people effectively. I am currently working part time as a Resource and Referral Speacialist through ILSNC and I would not have been able to get this position without my A.A. degree, and the education has helped me to better understand my consumers and their needs.

I think a person that shouldn't attend this school would be someone who does have a problem with religion, who doesn't want to be on a fast track, and if they don't like private schools. All of that you have to take into account when choosing a school.

Simpson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.