Redding, CA
Simpson University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Simpson University

Athena

Most of my classmates are talkative, outgoing, and kind.

Most of my classmates are talkative, outgoing, and kind.

I would tell myself to try to get all the scholarships I can get. I would remind myself NOT to get senioritis and continue getting good grades. Or maybe I would tell myself to take the Advanced Placement Exams from San Francisco State earlier in the year with my friends so that I can get into SF State's Orientation. If I got into SF State Orientation on time, I could've gone to SF State for a year or two to save money. Oh well, I guess you can't change the past, but you can change yourself.

A person with leadership qualities.

Amy

As a senior at a public high school with about 1200 students, I have no doubt that I contracted the sickness known as "senioritis". I did care about my grades, but I didn't try as hard as I should have. For example, my Statistics teacher was new, so he was pretty easy to get by and to get a passing grade with. However, I don?t remember a single thing from that class. I regret this because I'll be taking Statistics for Nursing and I believe if I would have tried harder to learn my senior year, I could get through this college class much easier. If I could go back and give myself advice, I would definitely tell myself that my senior year counts. It will be this year that shows how much work ethic you have no matter how your grades look. As long as you know that you worked as hard as you could, without slacking off, that?s all that counts. Chances are that you will have to take at least one of these classes again in college and if you work hard now, then you won?t struggle as much in the future.

Someone who prefers a smaller and community college setting. Also someone who prefers smaller classes. If you are someone who enjoys nature and the outdoors, this is the perfect place to be because the campus is beautiful, and it also helps that the university is located in a town where there are lakes and mountains closeby where there are much recreational activities to do (fishing, snowboarding). Also, it is a christian based university so if you are looking for a place where you can build your relationship with Christ, this university will definitely be able to help you with that.

We have much smaller classes than the bigger universities which is a definite advantage because you have more of a relationship with your professors. Also, it is a very beautiful campus :).

Building a strong community of Christ-centered followers who are active in their communities, willing to make a difference, and responsible citizens. Students in this school have gone on to succeed in many fields. The majority of students go on to be involved in missions or cross-cultural work, where they make a difference all over the globe, which is one of the main focuses of Simpson's lifestyle. Students are responsible for themselves and for each other, and form a loving, caring network for the student in need.

Ask upperclassmen about the best deals on campus and off. They know where to buy the cheapest books, the cheapest meals, the cheapest gyms, best places to hang out off and on campus. Where not to live, the people to avoid and the people to befriend, which professors are good or not-so good. Avoid being the annoying college freshmen who are loud and obnoxious about everything. The college experience is so much more than that, and you should take advantage of it. Believe me, the upperclassmen are great advice-givers. Really. Go to multi-cultural events. Authentic Chinese food made by authentic Chinese people will blow your mind away. Try new things. Who knew that going for a jog could actually be fun? Feel free to be a kid again. When you're in college, people will think you're cool for having a huge Pokemon collection, or for being a tug-of-war pro. If you see a group of guys playing Ultimate Frisbee, join them, even if you don't know them. They won't mind. Believe me. Lastly, be yourself. There's no one to impress anymore. People here will love the person you really are.

It's expensive, and the internet quality (it fails occasionally and is slow fairly often) is frustrating. Also, for how much you pay for a meal plan, the quality of food is sub-par in some areas, and there's not much variety. Academics is not the school's main focuses, so academics are merely average.

Dillon

Simpson University is best known for it's whole-hearted commitment to Christ, Christian education; the raising up of academically advanced, holistically educated, honest Christian men and women for world service, ministry, and many different careers!

The best advice I can give about choosing the right university for you is: dream big! No school is too prestigous, or too dificult, set your goals high, consider your career interests and which colleges specialize in those areas, and then--go visit the college. Think of it this way, colleges have to compete for you as a student to go there, and not the other way around. Take a tour of the school, get to know some students, professors, and ask a lot of questions. Through careful research, consideration, and investigation, along with prayerfull consideration (if you are a religous person), you will most definietly find the right school for you! Good luck and never let anyone tell you "you can't do this" or "you can't go to that school becuase..." I wish you the best of luck in your college decision making, career life choices, and beyond!

I wish I would have known that it is actually very difficult to work (even a part time job) and complete all of my academics becuase the course work and homework is basically a full-time job in and of itself.

Heidi

Sometimes being small is better and less is really more.

Sometimes being small is better and less is really more.

Most importantly, check out the athletics and whether or not the school is even decent. If you are interested in playing a sport than you definately need to go with a school that knows their stuff. Frustration will only follow and grades will only drop if a student is devestated by the lack of athleticism. Second, whatever choice you make, be happy because the school is not as important as that little piece of paper that says "I'm officially a college graduate" and yes you can now hire me. Attitude is such a key part of life and whatever attitude that you "the student" or "the parent" decide to hold before applying for colleges is the attitude that will remain. Choose to be happy and you'll love any decision you make. Happy hunting!

Most of the instructors are more understanding and caring than I could every imagine being when I become a teacher myself.

Thomas

Take your time in deciding where to go to college. I would caution you never to enroll in a college you have not personally been to. visit the campus and see what campus life is really all about. There are campuses that different from where you live. keep in mind that you want a place the makes you feel welcome. It meet the professors and students and see what campus life is like there. it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. you can pay for college!!! you just have to be create in where you look. Good Luck!!

The campus it self lacks the number of students and finaces to expand their facitilities due to mediocer enrollment. it would be nice to have a few more students so we could afford the facilities we really need. it would be wonderful if we could have a reall weight room too, the current one is not adaquate.

Simpson is known as a friendly community that encourages students to discover their potential and pursue their dreams. Students are also encouraged to grow spiritually and form deep and lasting relationships with classmates, roomates, and professors. The campus is beautiful with a veiw of the majestic Mount Shasta.

When looking for a college, first think about what is most important to you. Is it location? relationships? activities? academics? fiances? When considering a listing of schools prioritize your search by looking for the college that matches your top values. Also recognize that you might give up one of your ideals in exchange for another. For instance, I ended up attending my third choice school, aware that it had the lowest academic standards of the schools I was accepted to. Although I do value academics highly, I value fiancial security even more, and opted for this school because it provided better scholarships. I also knew that I would be attending a smaller school in a very mono-ethnic city. I value the smallness because I feel a real sense of community, but at the same time, I do not get to enjoy enthic diversity. Prioritize what is most important to you and realize that you may have to give up a lesser ideal for a greater ideal.

The most difficult thing about Simpson is that due to it's small student-body, some majors may only have two professors and required classes offered every 2 years. This makes it difficult to study abroad or add a minor or second major. But on the positive side, there is a smaller student to professor ratio and course majors are more intimate because they go through all of their major courses together.

Tara

Visit the college first. By doing this you get an idea of what the atmosphere is like.

Someone who is looking to participate in sorority/fraternity activities.

Campus is beautiful and the professors seem to be very excited about the learning process. This makes for very interesting classes.

Kristina

Start looking at colleges early and stay on campus. If the right school is c hosen then the things you experience will last a life time. If a chance to do a summer or semester abroud is given to you take it. It is an amazing experience that you can share with other students on campus that you would have never ran into without it. For parents: let your children live on campus and visit campuses by themselves. You can be there but let them try to experience the school without you. Children will choose what makes you happy abd what you would want. This is not always what is best for them and could even resent you for the rest of their lives.

I love the fact that it is a Christian school that fosters learning how to use our spiritually gifts in the world around us. Unlike high school where each group of kids was placed in a class system everyone at Simpson is treated the same. Kids do not get special treatment based on athletic skills or how much money their parents give.

The person who does not want to live a Christ centered life. Since Simpson is a private school everything, even classes in the sciences, are based around the christian faith.

Tessa

I would definitely find a college that first fits your lifestyle and wants before you pick because of your major. your major most likely will change, but they way the college is won't. :)

I feel like I knew a lot about this school before I came here.

small class sizes (avg 17:1), how the professors actually want to know you, how our professors actually care, how the students are like family.

Simpson University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.