Sinclair Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Sinclair Community College

Sharmae

My overall opinion of Sinclair Community College is all of the faculty that I have come into contact with have been nothing but helpful. Also, I love the diversity of the students here. If you are not wanting to be in debt it seems like you will never get out this is a great school to start off your first two years. Also, you can come to this college for summer to save money just make sure they transfer to the college you go to other semesters.

Charity

I did go to Sinclair but I transferred my credits. I think that this college is a very affordable amazing place to learn. The teachers are willing to help you succeed and they give you everything you need to do so. It is a great place to make friends and a great place to meet new people. To me, the library is the best place to be at Sinclair. That's just my opinion. If you go to Sinclair, you'll be leaving with a great education.

I love it here, small classes let you get to know people and professors are attentive and professional. there are plenty of clubs and activities going on and I love going to see the plays and new art around campus. they are always working to improve the student experience. I have met some cool people and always feel safe on campus. There are plenty of food choices on brown st. just 5 mins from campus.

Montana

It was obviously not my first choice, it was actually my last option due to some unforeseen financial issues. It is a community college so I do not believe you get the traditional college experience especially if you go to the regional campuses. You get what you pay for and that does not involve a whole lot of activities outside the classroom. The staff is super kind and extremley helpfull though so that is the one upside to Sinclair. But I feel like if you just need to learn and absolutely nothing else than this is the college for you.

rashea

I really love sinclair, it makes me feel like i have teachers that actually care about me as a student and as a mother. if i have issues i can see my teachers or call them. maybe even send a text this is a great college with so many oppurtunities its crazy ! the advisors are great they really help you to figure out your career path. and will even check up on you in the middle of the semester to see if its going good. sinclair is amazing and it has multiple locations to. cant rant and rave enough about my school and i will be proud to say i graduated fro here in 2018 !

Cody

Sinclair is very relaxed and flexible. They have class times that make it easy to fit your schedule. They offer great student services and the staff are some of the most friendly people I've met. They have a vast amount of resources available to help you succeed, and are always looking for ways to improve the experience. They are always looking for feedback to help make the college experience the best they can. On the flip side they have problems getting people involved. As a community college most people commute, which means people are coming and going constantly. Their ability to advertise certain events and groups is usually communicated through email or bulletin boards on their e-learn system. Events and groups are usually small. Overall the campus is great for getting work done and enhancing learning.

This school does everything it can to help you!!!

Madeline

I love Sinclair! They are very good with transferring to other schools and I have learned so much. I have made many friends as well as role models. I graduate this semester and am moving on to get my doctorate. I will never forget Sinclair!

Sinclair Community College is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door for students just starting out with college, and is also a great way to save money your first two years of schooling. Though it's not necessarily a university with multiple sources of housing, everyone will find what they're looking for here.

It's a good school. The small classes make going to school there a lot easier because the professors are more accessible. The online classes I've taken are really easy. I would recommend anyone go to Sinclair for at least a year before attending any other school. It's just hard to navigate sometimes and not located in a safe area.

Overall a great college to get education on a short career or get started on a career and be transferred to a four year university. The advisors are very friendly and truly interested in your future. The classes are not as ridiculously expensive as a four year college. We have a bookstore that sells what you need for there courses.

Diamond

Overall, I can truly say that even though Sinclair Community College was not my first option I am blessed to be here !

Alexe

It's a great facility and they always keep it neat and clean! The security in the parking garage always say good morning to you and that makes me smile that they pay attention to stuff like that. Sinclair is a tobacco free campus which is great. The food is wonderful (you should try the southwestern chipotle chicken finger wrap sometime!!) Some of my professors have been rude but otherwise I've had no complaints.

Tionna

It's a great school to start at, especially right out of high school. Just because it's an affordable school doesn't mean cheap education; we definitely learn while we're there. Also, class sizes make it easier to connect with other students and your professors. I really like it there.

I like the campus and the professors. If I need help they are always willing to help out. Im a non traditional student so its hard to relate to some of the students. I go to a satellite branch of Sinclair, I think it will be more diverse when I go to main campus in Dayton.

Haley

Sinclair is a very affordable college in the area. I haven't experienced a single issue within my first year attending. I decided to attend Sinclair because it was so obviously a better choice for me to get started. I am spending a lot less money to get the same education that many others are paying so much more for!

Sinclair is actually a good college. I feel like people down it a lot. But it's a great start for students after high school because it's inexpensive and gives you an idea of what college is like. The class sizes are small so that's a good thing. This way your teacher can get to know you. I just feel that Sinclair somehow needs more events on campus or clubs. Because as I've noticed and from people I've talked to, no one really socializes at Sinclair. Like you go into your class and sit in your seat and that's it. Students don't really socialize and connect with fellow students unless they've met beforehand or went to the same high school. So you aren't really meeting a group of peers to build friendships with. This is Sinclair's only downfall.

its okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okayits okay

very affordable, friendly, safe campus.

Asia

I am currently in high school. I take Sinclair classes through their CCP program. I am finishing my third class and everything has been fine. It has been so fine that after high school, I am attending Sinclair for college. I encourage others to go to Sinclair. The Sinclair staff are all supportive of their students. My first, week they had made free pancakes for the students so that we can know that we have people supporting us.

Sascha

This community college is a great place start and take general education courses and transferring to a four year university. This college does not have on campus however is located downtown Dayton, OH which is near a vast variety of places to meet up with other students.

charles

I think that Sinclair CC is a great school. Large campus, a lot of interesting courses, the fees and tuition is very low for the state. I have had a very good experience attending this college.

Sable

I think it has been a great school for myself to get a feel for the college experience. It does not cost nearly what most colleges do and it has campus sites close to me. I would recommend to anyone to start out at Sinclair and then transfer if your goal is to complete a four-year degree.

Natalie

I love Sinclair. I think it is a great school for anyone who wants to get a head start on their major. The class sizes at Sinclair are not too large and have awesome professors who are so eager to help you learn and succeed. The fantastic services and tight-knit student body make learning and going to school something to look forward to.

Jaylin

Sinclair is overall a great school. From the staff to the course availability it's perfect. Most importantly it's the cheapest form of education in Ohio.

Rebecca

It's a nice school inside and out they really like to maintain a nice picture and keep it looking up to date which I like. They have a really good Tartan Market would recommend the Philly cheesesteak they do an amazing job. Bring in other foods from other restaurants that aren't right in Dayton but I like them helping people by giving them the convenience to get what they would want, without leaving where they are to drive somewhere out of their way. Teachers are nice and they are there for you if you need help, tutors are available as well to help you if you need help at a different time than your instructor if they aren't available.

KiEira

I love sinclair because it’s affordable, and it’s just as good as any other college. My professors are really helpful and they want me to succeed. My fellow classmates are very friendly. We help each other out, and we work as a team to get group projects done and well complete. Sinclair is an overall great experience.

Johnathan

Sinclair is a great school, fit for anyone looking to start their higher education accordingly. The faculty is understanding and very nice if you have a issue you can go and ask them for advice or you can ask your fellow classmates. No one is basically alone at Sinclair. Yes you are their to get your education but you feel more at home then you did anywhere else.

Tyler

Its great if youre looking for low cost but quality education. Great to save money for two year degrees then to transfer. They have great chances to transfer credits to other schools as well. The facilities are great and the food at my campus is good.

Samuel

Great! I'm already looking forward to attending classes soon

I like Sinclair Community College because I have learned a lot and have been able to grow as a person. Sinclair have provided me with affordable tuition, small learning classes, so that the professors may provide attention to each student. They offer tutoring and advising services. You can be all that you can be at Sinclair. The faculty and administration provide the necessary tools that us students may be all that we can be and achieve what we can and be who we are. We know that no matter what we come to Sinclair for that we have the necessary tools to complete our goals and achieve beyond bounds and limits are provided. We are prepared to go into our career world and achieve and be all that we can be.

Rebeca

It is a good school to start with, but it is not the best. The teachers I had are great in my opinion, but some people from staff are not helpful and any person can go in, which makes it really dangerous. I’ve found poop in the library one day, and homeless people sleeping there, and that is one of the reasons I do classes online only.

Madeline

I think that they need to update the campus. It is very dark and not appealing or welcoming to come into everyday.

Erina

A great place to be able to get their General Education classes out of the way for a low cost. Friendly atmosphere and great professors.

Rosemarie

Sinclair has good class sizes so the teachers can interact with all of their students. They are the most affordable in the area. They have several academic advisors for many different programs and financial aid is almost always available to talk to someone. The parking garage is going through an expansion but is still well operable.

Faith

Sinclair Community College is a great learning environment and place to begin before transferring to a four year institution. Sinclair provides a high level of education while also being affordable. The professors take the time to teach all the material and work with students individually if they are struggling. The campus offers many opportunities for careers and transfer options for their students. Sinclair does not have very many groups to join, but that is being worked on by students and professors in the departments. Sinclair is an excellent place to begin your post-secondary education!

Hailee

I think that Sinclair is a great campus and I look forward to attending in the fall. They have nice teachers, a nice building, and good sports programs. They are doing construction and in the future hope to change from a 2 year college to a 4 year college which I think will be very beneficial to many students and teachers as well.

I think Sinclair is a great school that has provided me an opportunity to get back on track for an affordable amount. The teachers that I have had thus far have been very helpful and continue to push me forward. I also love their online classes, that allow me to stay home instead of driving to class.

Sinclair Community College is a great place to get started. Tuition is super affordable, and there are plenty of scholarships to go around. I earned my associates for less than a thousand dollars; so I basically got the first half of my bachelor's for almost nothing. Sinclair offers a variety of articulation agreements with universities in the state, meaning you can transfer directly from Sinclair to one of the top colleges in the state.

Tionna

It's an incredibly underrated school. They go above and beyond to get their students where they need to be in life. The faculty and staff not only teach great things academically, but for everyday life as well. As we would say, "Start at Sinclair, you can go anywhere." It is so true, and I am a definite advocate for people starting their college journey there.

Timothy

A great option for those looking to find an associate's degree for a job they want to pursue. The academics are current and relevant for any student. The buildings are great and the staff is extremely friendly. Other than that, Sinclair doesn't have much of a community. This bothers me. This could be because it's a community college or for some other reason. Sinclair is not ideal for those looking to make lasting relationships with classmates, professors, etc. Sinclair is the perfect example of "get in and get out" (which works for most attending).

Trevor

Generally not highly academically challenging. Although, a few teachers are amazing at teaching, not all at the same level. Some professors could teach a little better, and use class time more effectively and efficiently. Overall for the cheap aspect of it all, its worth it in my book. In a general price comparison Sinclair is the best value education on the market.

Jonathan

There are some great professors at this college, and much of the non-teaching staff is great as well. With that said, there's an overwhelming and deeply embedded source of greed within this college. I would never recommend this school to anyone, and I will never attend this school myself again. Let me share my story as briefly as possible. About 3 years ago I successfully completed one of their AAS programs. I did very well, got scholarships along the way, and finished with a GPA near 4.0. After completion, I registered for an additional semester. I did this because they offered some supplemental courses that weren't required in the program that I completed, but that I knew would be beneficial to my career in the future. I had insured that I had the financial aid to cover the cost of this additional semester before registering. Shortly after classes began, I received and email from a staff member (I believe from the Bursar office, but possibly from another office) informing me that because I'm not "officially enrolled” in a program that requires the additional courses that I registered for, they were pulling my financial aid. The fact that this is an uncommon and debatably ludicrous rule aside, this story gets much worse. At this point I was given two options: withdraw now and not have to pay or continue and have to pay in cash. I chose to withdraw from the courses, as paying the nearly $2000 in cash on such short notice was not possible for me at the time. I had already finished the original program and had a job in my field. I considered that a winning scenario and moved on. Fast forward 3 years, I receive a letter in the mail from the Ohio Attorney General Collections Enforcement division. This letter stated that I had an unpaid debt to Sinclair Community College in the exact amount that just so happened to be the amount that the final semester would have cost had I not withdrew from the courses. I called the office of the attorney general, who advised me to dispute this supposed unpaid debt with the college. The dispute process involved me writing a letter explaining what happened, faxing it to the attorney general’s office who would pass it along to Sinclair, and then the entire “collections process” is halted until Sinclair responds to my dispute. I write the letter explaining everything I just said here, except in much greater detail. Some time passes, and I contact the Ohio Attorney General again to check on the status of my dispute. I am told that Sinclair refused to take anything in my letter into account and are still demanding this unpaid debt. The amount of money isn't my problem. It's the principle of the whole situation. I was told I had the financial aid for the courses, then I was told (after registering) that they were pulling it. I was told if I withdrew immediately, I wouldn't be charged, but then they forwarded the bill to the state of Ohio anyway. The fact that they can play games like this and get away with it isn't right, but it's just the way it is. I'm not going to argue and fight over $2000. I'll just pay it and move on with life. I will not, however, stop talking about what they did to me until it reaches every future potential student and every parent of every future potential student.