Mission, SD
Sinte Gleska University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sinte Gleska University

marquel

I think is a great culturally involved college. They have staff that is very understanding and considerate about the community and events that happen here. I like that my classes are flexible around my work schedule so I am able to work full-time and go to school full-time.

Brandi

It’s a great school. Everyone is always so well respected, that goes for the administration team, the students, and the professors. It’s like one huge family, I love it. I’m always having a good day at school. Lunch is served everyday for free and is always amazing; I leave full everytime WITH leftovers!

JaChandra

well first of all I would inform myself of the tests you have to take before you can begin your actual college classes because once you fail those tests you will be taking your basic classes and reliving high school all over again. Some other advice id have for myself would be for how expensive the college books are. It is a way more responsiability than high school because the teachers only give you so many days you can miss or they will drop you out of the class themselves even you would have to tell them the days you will be gone because they will count it against you, you have to make sure you have the right utilities because if you don't you will feel lost and won't know what to do.

the school has a lakota class where you can learn about the lakota sioux. I think this is cool because I know or knew a lot of people who want to know more about the native american cultures, a lot of people has traveled through this reservation wanting to know more of us as the lakota sioux. More and more people come back each year to go to school with us and right now there a lot of non indians taking the lakota language course.

this university has less than three thousand students on campus but the majors are great. As many people i ran into off the reservation theyve told me they succeeded in their mojor because of how good the work and achievements are. The tuition is cheap and you wouldnt have to worry about dorm rooms. Every year they offer a scholarship which there has to be more than eight students to apply and if there is those students will walk away with a eight thousand dollar scholarship.

Brian

The Education department is well known for producing exceptional teachers. The school is well known throughout Indian country and the US for keeping its traditional language intact. The school is based off the idea that in order for our People to survive and become successful, we must be educated to provide for our future generations. This scholarship would help me with securing a better education for myself and our People. I will be able to provide as a positive role model for our children. Sinte Gleska is all for the sake of yourself to better enrich the people.

I have received tremendous knowledge to better myself as an educator for our children. I have understood the hardships one has to endure in order to get educated. I have learned that it takes dedication and hard work in order to make sacrifices to complete the long journey of obtaining a degree. What I have learned out of the classroom, I am able to take back to where I teach and apply what I have learned directly to my students, this has been very rewarding. The value of attending is of course the benefits of acquiring knowledge and applying that knowledge ot others to make an impact in the students own lives. One thing I would like to point out is that my homework rate of return has gone through the roof when my students have learned that when Mr. Brown get done with us at the end of the schoolday, he continues on schooling by going to class after school. Role modeling education has had a huge impact with my student's successes.

One with an open mind and heart free of racism or of an oppressive state. One who attends be prepared to work hard for everything you earn. This is a school with strong unity and they believe and have faith in their students and will go the distance in providing an exceptional education with experience. Incorporating the Lakota values of spirit, mind, and body gives you a true sense of the benefits offered to the students.

Casie

My school is unique to me because it was close to home and i get a government grant for my financial aid since I am an enrolled member of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe. The grant pays for my tuition and fees but that's it. I like this university because its an accredited college and i get to be around family and friends and that's important to me.

If i knew then what i know now, I would have gotten better grades, I know I am capable of it, and i would of went to college sooner.

There is no frustrating thing that I have come across so far.

Sinte Gleska University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.