Mount Vernon, WA
Skagit Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Skagit Valley College

Ebbony

Skagit valley college in overall is a great place to go to school. The people are friendly and there is many opportunities to get involved. Teachers are usually available and are happy to help with any problems. The academics are great, this is a great place to go to school.

Angel

I enjoy being at Skagit Valley College, my professors are most likely available but often you need to make an appointment. The class sizes are the same size of a high school class and the teacher is most likely know you by name after a few classes. If you need to talk an advisors or counselors and they aren't available, you can talk with one of your professors or your department head to help schedule your classes. Every class is within walking distance of each other.

Katherine

I love this school! Professors are fantastic and the classes are well organized. The registration process is easy and there is always help available with scheduling and financial aid. The advisors are always available and quick to respond to any questions that my arise.

Novella

My classamates are always eager to learn, and helpful and motivated to suceed.

My classamates are always eager to learn, and helpful and motivated to suceed.

I have unique situation because as a highschool senior I was a sophomore in running start! If I could give myself advice I would tell myself to join clubs and attend more sports games. I would want myself to step more outside my comfort zone to make more social connections. It is harder to make friends while living off campus, so I really wish I would have been more outgoing and made more friends my first year of college. Not only do friends make college more exciting, but having peers to study with is am important part at suceeding in college.

I believe the best thing about my college is that there a wide diversity of students. I came from a highschool that very limited in diversity. The majority of my class was white middle class americans. At Skagit Valley College we have a wide range of culture, backgrounds, and beliefs. It diversifys myself and expands my social circle. I love meeting all the interesting people at my college.

This school is awesome I love the new facilities and the community that come with the school. I also love the faculty they are all very friendly and very helpful.

What are your classes like?

My classes are great the information that I am learning is very helpful and the people in my classes are great. The professors are great as well

My favorite campus tradition is the cardinal egg hunt!

That the students are dumb because they are going to a community college. The statement is not true at all there are so many bright people here that just cant afford a university.

The most popular student activity at our school would have to be the volleyball games

Technical education, pre-med, nursing, early childhood education

Technical education, pre-med, nursing, early childhood education

Keep jumping through the hoops of the education system, even when they're on fire. While you're at it, introduce yourself to every person you meet; you never know who is a firefighter. For every flaming hoop, there is someone holding it up. Ask them questions; they know the tricks. When you've gotten through that obstacle, keep searching for the next. In the dark mystery that is your personal adventure, it might not be obvious which way to turn, but there are more guides than you think. Your parents or friends might not have every answer, but there are people who do. They are your firefighters and you are a professional fire hoop jumper. Keep jumping.

A dedicated student with the drive to succeed, who may be busy with work/family/commitments.

Marisa

Skagit Valley College has a multicultural environment and is located in a beautiful area with new buildings being built all the time.

My classmates are friendly and easy to go to when I have questions on assignments.

As a senior in high school there are a lot of different choices that you can make that will affect how well you will do in college and it will affect what college you go to. First, manage your time wisely. When choosing between hanging out with friends and getting your homework done. Homework should come first because you can always hang out with friends, but your homework has deadlines that determine your grades, and having a good GPA determines what colleges you can get into. Also apply for colleges and scholarships early because early applicants have a better chance in getting into their first pick schools. One thing that I would advise you to do is to get ready for harder work because high school is not setting you up for the amounts of homework and studying you have in college. Become independent so you do not rely on others to help you all the time. Set goals for yourself because without goals you do not have a reason to be spending the money on college. So senior in high school, make all the memories you can in high school and get ready for a new adventure ahead.

Cathaleen

My school is best know for its nursing program. It is very competive and a very good program.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself before I started college, I would say one simply thing. Do not be afraid. I was homeschooled and entering college was terrifying. If only I could tell my past self not to waste so much time being afraid and try new things sooner, get involved in clubs sooner, and be more outgoing sooner. There are very few choices that I regret, but the ones I do regret I made because I was scared. I wish I could tell myself to apply for that internship, or addition for that play. I spent too much time being unsure of myself, attending college helped me to gain conference and discover who I am and what I want to do with my life. I used to be afraid of the world, but now the world should be afraid of me.

I wish I had known about all the services avalible to me and all the ways I could get involved with the commuity. I could have done more with my time, but overall I am still really happy with my expiriece.

Lisa

Attempting to update, but still requires much effort and work.

Attempting to update, but still requires much effort and work.

If I were to have the opportunity to speak to my high school senior self, I would tell myself that it is okay to not attend college right after graduating. Going to college right after high school, I was thrust into adulthood and responsibility, as well as trying to navigate college. I was very overwhelmed trying to juggle all of these things. I believe if I had taken a year off to explore life, I would've better prepared myself to enter college being a more confident adult and more focused on my academics. I went into college not really having an idea of what I wanted to do, so I didn't feel motivated to attend classes or do well in them. Taking two years off of school allowed me to explore jobs and really find out what I was passionate about: taking care of people. Once I knew what I wanted, it was so easy to find the career that supported my passion. At that point, everything fell into place and I began to pursue a Nursing Degree. So high school self, I encourage you to take the time to discover yourself and all will work out!

That the Financial Aid Department was awful. Very behind the times in efficiently processing applications and very unaccessible for students. Staff can be quite unfriendly and condescending towards students needing help. I would compare my experiences with the Financial Aid Office to getting your Driver's License renewed at the DMV.

danalee

The SCV is known for its nursing school

The SCV is known for its nursing school

Advise I would give myself. Damit finish college and do not take that summer off. Life gets busy and you can take that summer later in 4 yrs and enjoy it.

Skagit Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.