Saratoga Springs, NY

Skidmore College

« See more reviews of Skidmore College

Skidmore is all about class participation, class dynamic, and the student teacher relationship. All of my professors know my name and I feel more than comfortable talking to them about class, my future at Skidmore, and really anything that is concerning me regarding the school or my academics. The requirements seem like a pain at times, but the purpose of a liberal arts school is to get a good foundation education, which is definitely a strength here.

The academics are rigorous and can be difficult. That being said, the professors are absolutely wonderful. Every single one of them is more than willing to meet with students outside of class. Every single professor I have had at Skidmore so far has known me by name. Student-professor relationships were very important to me when looking at colleges, and I could not be more thrilled with how these interactions work at Skidmore.

I love that the professors know everyones names! It makes them more approachable. I've only had one big class where the teacher didn't really call us by our names; sure enough, I felt uncomfortable going in for extra help or sometimes even raising my hand to ask a question.

Skidmore's academics are very touchy feely. small classes with lots of discussion. very interesting classes. profs are pretty awesome for the most part. nobody competes and people are happy with their Bs and Cs. no discussions outside of class. the requirements kinda suck.

The academics are great here. We dont have many co-departmental opportunities, but other than that there are great departments here. Sociology, for example has great professors in professors Scarce, Brueggemann, Walzer and Berhide.

Probably one of the best parts of Skidmore is the faculty. They are incredibly brilliant and they care about their students. There are plenty of classes to choose from, and students truly receive the ultimate liberal arts education.

I came from a good public school, I have no problem with the classes, if you fail I think you pretty much earned that F. With that said you can also make it harder for you with honors forum and other things.

It's the perfect mix of structure and freedom. I constantly feel pressure to do well and to work hard but at the same time I never feel drowned in work or that I cant go to my professor if i have any issues.

I know personally all my professors; I am required to meet with them and they are contactually obligated to be available for meeting with students.

professors know me, classes are easy, most students tend to avoid intelligent conversations outside of class.