Saratoga Springs, NY

Skidmore College

« See more reviews of Skidmore College

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

I think the main stereotype of Skidmore is that it is largely made up of liberal, pseudo-hippie artsy kids. As an institution, Skidmore is known for its creative approaches to just about everything, with an academically competitive atmosphere. It is thought of as politically conscious yet laidback and very accepting.

Smokemore, Drinkmore, Sexmore, Skidmore. Everybody is an artsy music/theatre smoking person or a buisness/jock drinking person. If you don't smoke cigarettes before skidmore...well more than 1/3 of those people start before thanksgiving break. More after that. Everybody smokes weed.

There is a stereotype that only two types of kids go to skidmore, Hippies and Athletes, Although Skidmore does have each of those types of individuals, there is also a significant number of students with all interests and beliefs.

Well, people think we are a bunch of white entitled kids, lazy and obsessed with meaningless art. This is, however, not even close to the rich diversity of student life we have at Skidmore.

That Skidmore is full of rich, artsy, liberal kids, who are snotty and obnoxious. Also that we have no diversity amongst the faculty and student body.

Many Skidmore students are ultra-liberal, tree hugging stoners and hippies. Others are preppy, materialistic, shallow, stupid douchebags and bitches.

All the kids are rich, snobby, smoke pot and drink from Wednesday to early Monday. Most of the guys are gay, taken, or really messed up.

Hipsters, Far-Left, Reefer Madness, NY Japs with unoriginal wardrobes of leggings, oversized shades, uggs, and a cigarette

Skidmore students are potheads with rich parents and has very little diversity within the student body.

Many students and parents believe that Skidmore is a school for hippies that smoke a lot of weed.