Skidmore College Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Beal

During the summer before my senior year of high school, I was lucky enough to be able to spend a week on campus at the New York State Summer Young Writers' Institute. At the time, I wasn't really considering Skidmore, but decided to apply anyway because I knew what the school was like and had spent some time on campus. It was only toward the end of my college search that I realized that Skidmore would be a terrific match for me, with its strong English department, vibrant small town community, and amazing financial aid packages. Ultimately, I chose Skidmore as a result of the aid I received, because Saratoga Springs is an incredible community of which I wanted to be a part, and because I found here an active, and, compared to the other schools I was looking at, diverse student body.

Joseph

I knew I wanted to study Environmental Science, but I didn't want to be limited to just engineering schools. I wanted to continue taking fiddle lessons and explore other completely non-related fields of academic interest. I also knew that I wanted a lively town to go to but an independent campus with plenty of open space. Skidmore fit the bill for all of this.

Aidan

I chose Skidmore because it fit all of the criteria I was looking for in a college. I went to a small high school, and was looking for a small size college because that is what I became used to in college. I was also unsure about what I wanted to major in, so I was interested in a liberal arts school that would allow me to explore a variety of different areas in order to find the best program for me. Skidmore had a very different feel than any other college I looked at. It felt like all of its academic offerings were very balanced, and I would be able to get a great education in whatever program I decided to study. I ended up applying early decision to Skidmore College, and I would not change my decision in any way.