Skyline College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Skyline College

Adele

Skyline College is a wonderful institution. As a STEM student who doesn\'t feel confident in my math and science classes, I feel well supported by the students and faculty. I think the school provides a lot of resources that enable student success.

Gabrielle

I'm a second year at this school and the positives outweigh the negatives (I can't even think of any). Not only am I saving a lot of money, but I also have very motivational professors who are supportive, open-minded, and want their students to succeed. A lot of what I learned in my classes at Skyline College are applicable to real life. There are a lot of resources offered to bring students together like clubs and learning communities. Their counseling and tutoring services are also free which is a huge plus.

Caroline

Skyline College is a great community college where you can get prepared to transfer to a 4-year University or take your full education like Early Childhood Education classes or Associate Degrees. Skyline College has many great professors that really care about you and your education, which makes it really lovely to study there. There is a great diversity in the student body and the location in the diverse-populated Bay Area is also making it a great hub of different cultures. There are also wonderful tools with which the school offers help with classes of various kinds, like math tutoring and language sessions. Overall the quality and environment of the school are really friendly and good.

Rebecca

Skyline is a great community college. The quality of my education was great and I liked most of my professors. It is definitely a commuter school so students did't feel very inclined to stay and socialize but nonetheless I made a lot of motivating friends. Many students were involved in clubs and advocated social change. Over all, I did have a good experience at Skyline College. The little community college has everything necessary to get an AA and transfer to the right university for you.

Ovie

It is a place whereby I feel like home, they are family. The professors are really reliable and easily approachable, they show care for the students like me not just in their academic area but also in their life activities. I just love it there and I believe that I would really miss the environment when I transfer.

Charlene

Skyline College is a community college, not a 4 year university. This college is the perfect first step for students to take before they ultimately go to a 4 year, because Skyline is dedicated to aiding students in their journey that is the rest of my lives. While Skyline isn’t at all perfect, I have made unforgettable progress in my years here, and have been exposed to an incredibly diverse community that makes me feel supported and comfortable. Without Skyline, I genuinely don’t know where I’d be.

camri

Skyline College is a great place for those who need to finish up school, or take credits to transfer. Many people come into Skyline knowing one another, but everyone is very accepting and it is very easy to make new friends. The teachers are overall very friendly and willing to help you whenever you need. They want you to succeed!

Angel

So far, so good! I am currently enrolled here for my Surgical Technology Program. My professors are very nice and funny! They even celebrate birthdays for our cohort and set up potlucks for the class. We’re a small class of 25; we’re gonna get to know each other pretty well for the next 12 months! The campus itself is easily accessible and all building are easy to find. There’s a lot of outside space and a fountain to sit by before class. All buildings are neat and clean, with access to campus police just in case of emergency.

Bryce Danniel

As a freshmen in College, I would rate Skyline College 3 stars. For the most part Skyline college is located in a very desolated spot in the hill therefore most cellular data is dropped. Even though they do have their own public wifi its not convenient enough to use around the campus because, its only strong in the center of school. If your waiting at the bus stop or attending some classes that are on the edge wifi doesn't reach , which is a huge hassle and annoyance especially when your doing homework or having trouble calling an Lyft or Uber ride home. Speaking of Lyft and Uber because most of those two companies have difficulties picking up students because the GPS isn't working and they can't communicate with the drivers so everyone is having a more difficult time. There are no Housing around skyline for it is a community college with none of that. They do help students with situations of finding a home but as far as my knowledge about how they interact with students I don't have a say since I don't hear much news related. The school is off to a bad start having to be located far off from everything, Wifi Sucks, and not so much of a campus life there are other stuff that make the Skyline College bearable. For starters everything is located conveniently in school you know where everything is and there are directories and assistances that make the trouble easier. The bad part of having a small school though is that the campus life is kinda dull not only we aren't located in the best spot but the school seems to be build around staying in-doors. It be better if there were more trees and grass where students can lie down or study, most times when classes are over students just leave and do there own thing. More on the better pluses, the main focus is food. The food is affordable and reasonable for students. Not only does it taste good but they do a very good job on making sure the menu has the right nutritional foods available when needed in your day to day basis. Skyline College is known for their Arts, there are plays and exhibits events that are so nice to watch and enjoy. The Theatric cast are really well rounded and the type of Art pieces are captivating and making you think. The teaching standard is all right for the most part nothing bad or really good either. The best thing overall in Skyline College is the class size, it doesn't need a big group because were a small school. So getting into classes are reasonable and since we don't have huge lectures skyline classes have easier time for conversations and reviewing. If not for the location of the school, Skyline college would be a 4 star community college. Even though this isn't the case Skyline college is still a 3 star because, what the school offers is still worth attending for.

Jesse

I've learned so much academically as well as socially and Skyline has helped me to grow as an overall better/more mature person. Skyline has many programs to test the waters of your interests as well as a very diverse group of students to expose you to individuals from all type of different cultures, ages, sexualities, and backgrounds.

Brandon

Skyline is a great college campus that is compact and easy to maneuver. There a lot of parking lots and the parking passes are cheap. There are a ton of classes to choose from(I usually get all the classes I want). The campus is very clean and it looks brand new. I don't know about some thing, so I couldn't answer all of the ratings.

Goldy

I definitely think Skyline College is a good community college to go to, there's so many resources on campus to help students whether it's tutoring for different subjects in school for free, a community food bank that takes place on campus every Thursday for anyone, and there's always workshops for financial, career, and almost everything. There's a lot of programs to help students such as our health center where they offer free counseling, a disability resource center for those who need more support services for any documented disability, a veterans resource center for those who are active duty members who are going to school as well. We also have a sparkpoint center at our school that has so many resources for students such as financial coaching, a food pantry and a free community market that helps students and families with groceries, and they have resources for anyone that is undocumented or an immigrant. Also, Skyline has a huge amount of parking areas for students and there's also a public safety department on campus to ensure safety.

hilary

I believe it's a great school to go to, good online class and on campus. Not expensive