Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Kaylee

When I first started college I did not like it at all. I left the university and attended a trade school. Now that I am a certified phlebotomist, I realized that education is really important and that I can succeed and pass college. I now want to re-attend college and pursue a associates degree. After that I will concider a bachelors or even a masters. I needed the trade school to help me learn what study technique works best for me. Now that I have learned how I can help myself study and memorize what Ive learned I am more prepared and determaned to continue and return to school. Now in our society education is required. Some jobs even when not requiring a certain degree still require two years+ of schooling past high school. I dont want to one day be stuck to where I cant support myself or my family because I didnt continue in my education. Education is key to success. Knowlegde is key to happiness. Happiness is key to life. I encourage everyone to attend school and never give up! Its hard but can be acheived!

Rochelle

I have gotten so much out of going to college. Being a single parent raising two kids is rewarding in itself, but going to college is amazing. I have a new sense of renewal in mind, body and soul. I am learning and retaining more as I am older than I ever have. I am starting a new career later in my life and with my experience and classroom instruction I will become more of an asset. I have grown more as a person, a woman and a colleague. I recommend returning to school for anyone who is looking for a higher understanding and wisdom.

Shannon

I would say that our school is best known for the sports teams that they have, and for the amount of activities the school has for the community.

So far, my experience at college has showed me that my career choice was a good one. The professors here are so eager to help with any homework or questions that I might have about what to do after I graduate.

I wish I would have known more about all of the available clubs that were available, because I would have been more likely to join more clubs and organizations.

Renee

What I have gotten out of my college experience, is self satisfaction and confidence in myself. I am a part time hairstylist, and I have four children that I adore. As they are growing and in school themselves, I found myself wanting to do something in the community where I would be appreciated during the day, when they were gone. Not having an education really seemed to hinder my possibilities, which is why I decided to go back to school after so many years. Going to college has helped me become a better person because it has given me confidence within myself, and a sense of peace. When I first went back to school, I was unsure of myself, and I wondered if I would be able to accomplish both my education, while at the same time, continuing to be a great mom. I discovered that not only can I go to school, and maintain a 3.7 GPA, I am much happier now, enabling me to be a better mother, wife and person. College has given me the freedom to dream, and the ability to see a bright prospective future in store for both my family and myself.

shane

i have become a more well rounded and balanced person, more responsible and independent. I have made not only new friends, but new contacts. I have had an oppurtunity for overseas travel and that experience was one I will never forget. Being in college has enriched my life!

the sports management program is one of the best, with great internship possibilities

anyone who is serious about their education

My college experience was a time for me to grow into the person I am today. I have learned that you have to work harder for something that doesnt come easily. I went to Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania and received a bachelors degree in Public Administration. Although I value my degree, I wish I would have taken time to find myself and figure out what it is that I truly want to do. I have found that now and I would like to continue my education. I have found the perfect program for me and the only thing standing in the way of fulfilling my dream career is the money. Slippery Rock was a valuable experience, because I learned that experimenting with classes and picking what you like best is not the way to go when deciding a career. I now know what I want to do as an adult, which is why I am trying to go back to school. I've learned that no matter what happens in life, if you have a dream, go for it.

My classmates can be described in many different ways, but I think the best way for someone to get a picture of my peers at Slippery Rock University is to use the word involved, because it puts emphasis on the thought that there are a wide variety of people here that care about a wide variety of topics that can include politics, health, the environment, current events, and the list goes on and on, but I always see someone being an advocate for something or making a difference whether it being in the community or globally.

I have gained a love for knowledge and all things that can relate itself to knowledge. I love seeing my peers engage in lessons and be fascinated by lectures and it's beautiful for me to watch passions be born into students that would have otherwise been ignorant to their true calling in life. Being in college hasn't been the easiest thing I have ever done and it isn't always the most fun but if I have learned anything it's that in those four walls of a classroom something magical happens. I take comfort in the fact that my generation isn't what the media says, a lost cause, we are something so much more. How do I know? I see it every single day. We are the future of not just our country but of the World, and our duties and the problems of today and tomorrow rest on our shoulders and to know that my peers are just as interested and just as eager and will be just as capable as I am to face those challenges is the magic that I talk about and that magic starts here in college, with knowledge.

I walked into the college setting being pretty well prepared in every aspect, however I could have never predicted that I would need to know knowledge that I was already taught. Listening to lectures and writing papers on just about any topic has widened my eyes as to how much I could have learned if I would have appreciated my high school education. I wish I would have known the educational oppurtunities that were available to me before I graduated.

Tyler

The biggest advice that I would have needed to receive was to not be afraid of a challenge. Initially I had decided to major in business management rather than what I had really wanted to do, computer science. This is because I knew that majoring in computer science would be very difficult and be quite the challenge. However know that I have put my mind to it, switching to computer science was the best thing I could have done because now I am enjoying what I am doing and I am realizing that the challenging aspect of this major is the best part about it.

The worst part about my school is the difficulty you can sometimes have when trying to talk to people in charge. Some offices give you the run around when you are trying to get things changed while others do a spectacular job at helping.

Anyone who needs to get away from the distraction of a bigger city should attend this school. Slippery Rock University is a small town that lets you focus on your school work during the week, but is still close enough to bigger citys to keep you entertained during the weekends.

Emma

Slippery Rock is full of diversity, exceptional professors, and education majors.

Slippery Rock is best known for their education program, definitely.

If I could go back and talk to myself as high school senior I would laugh when "I am scared of college" left my mouth. I would tell myself to make a lot of friends and have fun with the classes. Not everyone has the opportunity to go to college, so if you go in armed with that knowledge and a positive attitude, the learning experience is truly a fun, amazing, and once in a lifetime experience. Also, bring some rain boots. They come in handy when you have to trek across campus in the pouring down rain.

Erik

The greatest advice I would give myself is to push. To set my course, set my goals, and keep moving. It is far too easy for so many students to graduate high school, and find themselves seemingly overwhelmed by college life. But the truth of it is that the world outside the doors of academia, without the benefit of a college education, is far more overwhelming, and bereft of opportunity that holds a chance for comfort or even advancement. Simply get yourself to school, I would tell myself, and persevere. The end result is worth every ounce of sweat and tears you will pour out. The true American Dream is built on hard work, perseverance and toil, not on the whims of fortune. It is a lesson we could stand to learn, every person, today.

The only thing that I truly wish I had known before I came to this school was that, had I started the process earlier, I could have been a more contributing member of society, and had a greater self-image. I spent far too many years working to barely keep my head above water, when, had I simply shown some discipline and determination, I could be at a better place in my life by now.

The most frustrating thing about school right now is the frequency with which the equipment here seems to need maintenance. It is disheartening to constantly be scrounging for the materials necessary to complete what I need to complete for my classes.

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.