Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Jeffrey

I would tell myself that there is going to be times you fill like throwing in the towel on studying and doing homework, but just hang in there. If you need help don't be affraid to ask your professor for help and don't be affraid of getting a tutor. Get involved on campus right away and be open to new people so you can make friends.

I wish that I known that the school was not going to give us a different selection of food. We have to eat the same food everyday for lunch and dinner.

The kind of person that shouldn't atted this school is somebody who is not going to do the things they need to be successful in the world.

Lindsay

Our school is unique because we live in communities, not just dormatories. Our dorms are like families, which is very important to feel comfortable with where you are living. Living here has let me meet so many more people than if I was living somewhere else. Our Community Assistants organize events for us to attend to just hang out, which sometimes is needed as a stress reliever.

Dear Lindsay, Many people are going to tell you not to be a teacher, but don't listen to them. It is your dream and you should always fight for your dreams and never regret anything. Your past is what makes you who you are today, be proud of it! As a senior, I realize studying isn't that hard, but don't slack off because it will make your college years a million times harder. Learn your own study habits and what works best for you now, instead of waiting. If you think you may need help with something, don't be embarassed to ask someone for it. The only person it will hurt if you don't, is you. College is going to be hard, but it will all be worth it when you get into your own classroom and get to inspire those students, just like you dream of. Remember to settle things with your roommates early, don't wait. It will make your life so much easier if you just admit something is wrong to begin with. Please take all of this advice to heart because you'll do great!

My experience at Slippery Rock so far has taught me our staff if willing to do anything for us. Most of the professors on this campus are willing to talk to you one on one about anything you may need to discuss. It is very important to establish a relationship with your professors to be able to talk to them about issues in the classroom or homework or anything really.

Kasey

Slippery Rock University is a diverse and well respected college that offers many opportunities for students to expand their horizons.

Slippery Rock University is a college best known for its rock solid education and this is exactly what a student would find here. When comparing Slippery Rock with other colleges, I found that everyone here is extremely personable and reliable. Apon visting this unversity in the summer of 2009 I realized how "at home" I felt and how incredibly friendly everyone had been. I could not imagine starting my college career anywhere else and absolutely love the beautiful and exciting campus that I now live on.

College is supposed to be one of the best times in someone's life and is a experience that can definitely be unforgettable. Making the transition into any university is something no one can prepare themselves for and can be a very uncomfortble situation. The Community Assistants available at Slippery Rock University are here for any student 24-7 and create an exciting atmosphere that makes no situation uneasy. If I had the chance to go back, I truely feel as if i would not change a single thing. In life everything happens for a reason and to even be able to experience such a thing like college is a true blessing. We learn from everything we do, even if it is adjusting to a place where we could possibly spend the next four years. College life will take a lot to get use to but with the help of your family, friends and teachers, any transition can be an easy one.

Amandalee

Don't try to act like you know everything. Work hard because once you get behind, you stay behind and it is very hard to catch up. It's okay to ask for help. In fact, it's necessary! At the first sign of trouble ask for the help you need. Put yourself on the line and don't be afraid of making mistakes. Also, don't take a semester off of Spanish...trust me! Your friends will help you get through the really tough days so dont be afraid to befriend people. Be openminded and don't be scared of putting forth an opionion. It's okay if you disagree, you are entiled to that. It doesn't mean you are wrong! Professors are here to help and you are more to them than a name on a piece of paper. Become friends with your teachers for they can learn just as much from you as you learn from them. Plus, these are great resources to use after you graduate. College is new, but don't be scared. It's nothing you cant handle. Be yourself and you will learn so much about yourself that you never knew!

The athletic trainers do their best to help the student athletes but there needs to be more.

If i could go back in tim and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her not to be afraid to take risks and be confident. My freshman year of college I auditioned for a lot of pieces for the dance department and during auditions I had no cofidence in myself and I think it showed. That year I only made one piece. However, this year I really put myself out there and I have been in five concerts already. I would tell myself that college is very different from high school and supporting yourself is a lot harder than it looks. I would tell myself to not waste money on stupid pointless materialistic things and to save it for college. Also, I probably would have warned myself to get a part-time job my last year in high school so I would money for the many college expenses. The last important thing I would tell myself is to never doubt myself because I am a strong, hard worker that can do anything if I work for it and to never forget that.

I think a person who is willing to work hard and is open to new ideas would be perfect for Slippery Rock University. Also, someone who knows what they want out of life and their college experience. Someone who is driven and is ready to work for what they want. Slippery Rock can really help a student achieve their goals but only if they are willing to work.

The type of person that shouldnt attend this is school is someone who doesn't know what they want to do with their life. The school is well-known for many undergraduate programs like dance, physical and special education and I feel like thats why a majority of the students come. If you are undecided and don't know what you want to pursue Slippery Rock May not be the best choice.

I really enjoy attending Slippery Rock University. This school is different because a lot of the faculty here will actually help if you are having problems with scheduling, room issues, having trouble in class and many other things. The faculty has been very welcoming and helpful. Another thing they do is give good advice on what classes would be best for major and what would be the greatest path for you. They also were very welcoming and helpful to the freshmen.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would tell myself to be more outgoing to people and not judge people based off first impressions becasue I ended up being friends with someone I never thought I would be friends with. I would also tell myself to wake up earlier and not leave everything to the last minute. I would also tell myself to review for Japanese more and make sure I retain it. I would also tell myself to join more than two groups on campus because its a great way to meet new people.

The type of person that should attend this school are people that want a good education but want to be able to have fun as well. A lot of people at these school are friendly and helpful so a person attending this school should be able to get a long with people. There is also a very good variety of people at this school. So a person attending this school needs to be accepting of others.

Kassandra

Slippery Rock University is a medium-sized, suburban school that has a diverse student population and plenty of opportunity for involvement.

I would tell myself not to worry about whether or not I would adjust to a new place. What's most important is whether or not the school I choose will provide for the program I am interested in. I can make myself happy no matter what school I choose to attend. Each college is what I make it to be.

Someone who is close-minded and doesn't want to be around people of different races and sexual orientation should not attend SRU.

My school has an exceptional Education program, as well as national recognition for it's physical therapy program.

If I was talking to myself during senior year of high school, I would tell myself not to take home for granted. Eight hours away from home is incredibly far- and it's more difficult than you'd think. You love your family more than you realize, and you're going to miss them terribly. Spend some time at home and enjoy what you have before you have to leave.

A lot of the students at school go home on the weekends. There's always things to do- but it's considered a "suitcase" school.

Dana

I would say to myself don't trust people you knew in high school. Those people are not the same anymore going to college really does change you. I would also say to myself that I needed to get out more and know my limits on certain things. I would tell myself that I needed to keep my best friends very close but not to forget them when I went to college. Trust me you will need them to lean on. The most important thing I would tell myself is to not take life so seriously, its okay to let loose and not be so uptight. Be who you want to be and live the life you want to remember. Go crazy and have fun but also don't do anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to know about. Be the person that you know you can be.

I think the worst thing about my school would be the peer pressure to party and drink. I think that there needs to be more people speaking out and saying that I do not drink or party. The peer pressure to do both is intense. The amount of illegal activities, mainly drinking, people get away with is crazy. I wish there were more people who speak out and say I can still have fun and not drink.

The school that I attend is really for everyone. Anyone can find a place to fit in here at Slippery Rock. It is really a melting pot of people no matter what age. I come from a small town and i can say that I have met new and interesting people that I had not ever thought I would meet. If you are a person willing to learn but also willing to have fun this is the school for you!

Don't take your guidance counselor too seriously. Sure, you're smart, but that doesn't mean that you can't attend a school with lower acceptance standards. That school just might be the one. Remember that it's okay to not know what you want to do with your life yet and it's okay to transfer multiple times to find the school that fits you. Whatever you do, follow your heart, but keep in mind your financial situation and choose a school that meets your needs both academically and economically. It's rough being in debt, but sometimes it's necessary to follow your dreams. Take loans if you need them and try to work part time during the summer so that you can focus on school and your social life during the school year. Remember to breathe. When you're stressed or you feel like you've failed, take a break and take a nap. Sleep is so much more important that you might think. Lastly, I'd like to say good luck out there, believe in yourself, and take advantage of life's opportunities.

You shouldn't attend here if you're looking for a large town with a variety of entertainment. The campus is 15 min away from the Grove City Outlets, but the closest movie theatre (showing current movies) is an hour away.

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.