Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

I feel that my classmates are very open and well rounded people. i enjoy being around the other students because they have challenged me to do my best in everything i do.

The advice i would give to myself would be too really plan everything out. I went into my first year of college and had no plan what so ever. i thought i would be able to breeze through these four years of school without a care in the world, but i soon realized that was impossible. After finishing my first semester, i sat down and really thought everything out. I realized I had to come up with a better plan for paying for school, and i also realized i needed to learn how to manage my time better for the upcoming semester. So if i could go back in time, i would take the time to come up with game plan for my year.

I wish that I would have known more about the work study program and job opportunities on campus.

Joshua

Honestly the one piece of advice I would give myself if I could travel back in time would be to stop and enjoy the moment because everything will work out in life. I wanted high school to be over so bad when I was there and now when I look back I would give anything to have it again. I love college but there were so many less responsibilites that I had to account for in high school that I never realized. I lost so many nights sleep wondering what my future would hold, instead of enjoying the time that I was going through at that moment. Everything always work out in life. Your life may not always turn out the way you pictured it would, but eventually you will always find the path you were meant to travel.

I believe the best aspect of Slippery Rock University is the quality of education I am recieving for the amount of money I am spending on tuition. Many of my friends are getting similar degrees from other universities and are paying up to double the amount that I am spending on my education. This university is definately a best buy choice for any student looking for a quality education.

There is no specific type of person who shouldn't attend Slippery Rock University. The campus has something to offer every student, as long as they are willing to focus and work hard academically.

emily

Slippery Rock is one of the friendliest, beautiful, diverse, outgoing, right at home, safe feeling places to live and further our education and selves.

I never regret the choices I have made, but if I had the chance to alter my path along the way, I think there would be a few changes. If I did have the chance to tell Emily (the senior version of me) anything, it would be to stay focused. I was a great student with good grades. I took a year off high school, and sometimes wished I wouldn?t have. I didn?t believe those people who said, ?You won?t want to go back!? When I did go to college, the transition was harder because I wasn?t as focused. I didn?t believe those people who said, ?You won?t want to go back!? My mother, in a way, is like a version of me. She told me to room with someone I knew, which was a great choice. Also wait to buy the books, until you KNOW you will need them. That was a mistake I made! The main thing I would tell myself is to relax. Other freshmen are as nervous as you are. It?s ok to be unsure of a major, it?s a big choice, so dont judge others!

If I were able to speak to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that despite many students mentality that, to be a real college student, you must party, I've quickly come to realize that as untrue. There is so much pressure to fit in at your college, but there is no reason to have to party every night for the "college experience". I would also tell myself not to stress about the college level professors. Many of my professors are very friendly and always willing to help to insure that you succeed.

I can't think of anything I wish I would have known prior to arriving. I came with an open mind to make the best of my college experience.

Party goers or quite indivduals should attend this school. I feel as those everyone has a place where they fit in on the Slippery Rock campus. The surrounding area is a wonderful and friendly community always willing to lend a hand.

Brian

My school is best known for it's education. That's why I had decided to apply for Slippery Rock University located in Pennsylvania, even though I currently resign in Maryland. As an Education major, I wanted to ensure that I received the most education possible in order to become a very successful teacher in the future. I believe college is about receiving the best education possible in order to prepare you properly for your future career and that's why I knew Slippery Rock University was the best choice for me.

I would be so happy to see myself again from back when I was a senior in high school because I know that I can tell myself to prepare now for my transition. I would first congratulate myself on my improvements from every accomplishment in high school and for making the right decision by continuing to challenge myself with my education. After telling myself how proud I am, I would have to tell him the news about how college really is like. I would tell myself how high school wasn?t hard, but it wasn?t easy, college is mainly challenging. It will challenge you with time management, responsibility, and maturity. In college one must understand the importance of being punctual within their schedule. One also needs to realize that their parents are not there to tell you to do your homework. Lastly, you need to grow up while in college because you?re around an older crowd of people who don?t want to be bothered by kids. I would want nothing more than to be able to know ahead of time that preparation is needed before college in order to excel within your education.

The worse part of Slippery Rock University would have to be there availabilityfor classes. They have more students then open available classes. If they had more classes offered then that would help a lot of students from having to take summer courses at a community college. For Example, Public Speaking is a class that a lot of students take over the summer at a community college close to them because it's so hard to get into the class.

Kelly

The school is known academically for its physical therapy and dance programs the most. Unfortunately the school has a reputation of being a party school, but it is a lot better than the horrible stories that are told about the way it was in the past.

I would have said nothing. There is nothing that would change the way I feel about the school. I love the campus and the location. The people who live on my floor are the best (except for my roommate), and my classes were not bad at all. This is a great experience to learn as I go through it, I would not want to ruin all the great surprises of this experience.

I wish I had been aware of how awful my roommate is, then I could have requested a new roommate before the year started.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know about college life now and the transition I made, advice that I would give myself would be to make sure that I stay true to myself and I be proud of who I am. I knew I wanted to going to college to obtain a teaching certification before I graduated from high school. But going to a college where I didn?t know anybody, I realized I had to step out of my comfort zone and be outgoing and willing to talk to others if I wanted to make new friends. But not changing my personality was most important. Having those characteristics is significant because college is the ultimate place to meet new people and create friendships. College is also a place where there are people who are from different backgrounds and cultures. Even though I might not understand others cultures, it is important that I learn about them to become a member of the global society in which we live. The experiences I have encountered during my first semester have provided me with a foundation for my college journey.

The thing that I consider the best about my school is the fact that I am able to obtain a dual major in education. Because of this, I choose to dual major in Elementary Education and Special Education. I consider this the best thing about my school because I will be able to attend for four years and graduate with a dual certification. Having this dual cerfitication allows to be looked upon as a more marketable candidate. I know I made the right choice to attend Slippery Rock Universiy and will recieve the best education to become a successful teacher.

Something that I wish I would have known before I came to Slippery Rock University would be the fact that most classes are not structured like they are in highschool. Professors in college expect you to know the content and be prepared. Eventhough a majority of the professors are willing to help you when you need it, they are not going to check up on you. As I am now about to begin my second semester, I am more aware of the way that college classes are stuctured. I will continue to strive to be the best I can be.

Larissa

I would tell myself to work harder. If I would have worked harder in high school I wuld be able to get more scholarships I wouldn't have the money problem I do now. I would tell myself to listen to what my parents were saying about how important your gpa is. I wish I would have worked harder for better grades because I would be more prepared for the college work load.

How expensive college is with out of state tution.

The most frustrating thing about school is financial probems. Slippery Rock is a very expensive school and they don't give a lot of financial aid or at least I haven't received any. Money is the biggest problem with college, especially when you are out of state and have those fees are added to your tution.

Amy

I feel as though Slippery Rock University has many opportunities. There are many: jobs, volunteering opportunities, and chances to study abroad. Slippery Rock's colors are Green & White and we are a campus that is GOING GREEN! We do a lot to conserve and recycle and keep our campus clean. Slippery Rock is a small town, but the many events hosted by several clubs and organization on campus make the students forget that there isn't a mall, movie theater, or many recreational places in the town itself.

If I went back and time and gave my high-school-senior-self advice, I would have first told myself to not worry so much! I made the transition to Slippery Rock University so easily, and for the longest time I thought that I would not know what to do or if I would make any friends. I would have also told myself to research the campus and what it offers a little bit more so that I could have been using all of SRU's fine resources before I had to be told. I would tell myself to focus more on what makes me happy than "what looks good" or "what pays more money." I would have told myself to think of a job that result in many different jobs that I would like, or to find something that I honestly could believe I'd do for the rest of my life. I would have told myself to play more sports and be more involved so that I had a few more talents to bring to college. All this advice comes from my true thoughts, but for the most part I wouldn't have changed a thing.

I wish I would have known that the Freshman 15 (gaining fifteen pounds my freshman year) was really not a myth. I wish that I was a bit more culturally well-rounded before I came to school that I wouldn't have experienced as much culture shock when I came to SRU. I also wish I would have thought a little bit harder about my major before coming here, too, but my wonderful advisors helped me get onto the right path of Social Work & Criminal Justice.

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.