Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Kimberly

Well organized and I am very happy with the university.

Well organized and I am very happy with the university.

I would advise anyone choosing to attend college to first visit the university to make sure it feels right. Try to stay away from choosing a school because a friend is going, this is an individual choice and will be more rewarding if made alone.

Someone who is going to drink every night and focus only on social interaction and not focus on schoolwork.

Robert

Slippery Rock is pretty well known throughout Pennsylvania, and even, I've heard, in further away places such as Texas. I've been told that our football game scores are shown during University of Texas games at their stadium.

Visit the school and surrounding town/area before enrolling. Make sure you take into account the number of students at the college and the ability of the town/city to cover all of your needs during the school year. If you aren't going to be off campus too much then make sure the on campus facilities are to your liking. Plus it never hurts to talk to current students to find out what they think.

Slippery Rock University is good for any kind of student because of the broad range of majors offered. The education department is one of the best in the state. People from all around including New Jersey, Ohio, Maryland, New York and other states come here. It is a great value for the quality of education.

Annessa

I am an outgoing woman who loves meeting new people and making others around me laugh.

Students: College is all about defining yourself. Its a fresh start, a clean slate. It's the perfect time to continue down the path you've set before yourself or change your direction if you've veered off course a little in the past. Take the time to do the extra curricular ativities that take you out of your comfort zone, only then do you grow as a person. Meet new people. Find out what makes you tick, what your passions are. And don't ever take for granted the opportunity before you, because not all are fortunate enough to have the chance at a college education. Parents: Students will be going through many changes and transformations. Take them in stride. Support them even if it's not EXACTLY what you wanted. If they want to change their major, discuss it. If they want to switch roommates, talk about it. We're not little kids anymore, we're adults. Try not to tell us what to do but offer us your opinion so we can make an informed decision. Believe it or not, we are listening.

I feel that the university has a lack of diversity. Most students are middle class, caucasian males and females who tend to stick with their own ethnicity when socializing.

Brandie

I would advise students to attend college as far away from home as they can reasonably do. Getting away from your comfort zones will force you to reevaluate yourself and grow as an individual. If you are constantly around the same people and ideas your own ideas and opinions will never be challenged and you will never grow as a person. College is about challenging yourself and who you think you are. You cannot do that if you stick with the same people and places you grew up with. I would also advise students to live in school dormitories their first year. It it difficult to make friends at first in a place as big as a university and having a roommate is a great way to start. It makes a world of difference if there's someone in the room when you get back from classes. Finally, don't be afraid to tell someone if you're depressed or confused. These feelings are normal but spiral out of control quickly. I myself was reduce to scratching cuts in my arm before I finally spoke to a friend about it. Friends are there to listen so talk to them.

That the amount I owe the school would vary so much from semester to semester. The first semseter I owed $500, the second none, the third and fourth $500 the fifth $1600 and this semester $2000.

Michele

A variety of students eager to be professionals.

A variety of students eager to be professionals.

Take a campus tour, walk around and get a feel of the environment before signing up for anything.

The education department has a lot of resources and good theories.

Barbi

The students at Slippery Rock University are very diverse, friendly, and all care about their future.

The experience you have in college is really important. I would tell students that they need to balance their work and play. I understand greatly that students have to work to make money, but I worked way to much during college. It didnt affect my grades, but it could have. One thing it majorly did affect is the time I had to socialize and make the most out of the college experience. I would also tell them that joining a club or athletic team is great, but there are also some downsides to it as well. Depending on the school, being a varsity athlete will take up so much time. I ran track at a division 2 school and the amount of time that I spent with the team was insane. There are so many positives to it as well, such as the amazing places you will get to go and the great friendships you will make, but I just wish that someone would have told me how much time it was going to take before I did it. Picking the right college and enjoying college is very beneficial to your overall experience ag college.

Misty

just make sure that all teachers are willing to help students wtih learning disabitlies

any student who is willing to work hard

Is how the some of the teachers dont want to work with students who have disablits and are not really worried about trying to find aways to help them and when trying to talk to the president of the school he just passes you on to someone else that cant help because they choice not to its just geting the run around

Kelley

Many parents find it hard letting their children go off to school all by themselves, sometimes hundreds of miles away. I think my parents and I mapped out college life for me perfectly. I knew I didn't want to be too far from home because I love my family very much and would miss them immensely. I'm the perfect distance away, which is about an hour. I can still go home every weekend if I wanted, but I'm still on my own when I need to be. I'd say my advice would be don't go far from home. Going to college in California may sound like a good idea, but it won't be too nice Thanksgiving day when you can't afford a plane ticket home to eat dinner with your family. Also, apply for scholarships or anything that will help you pay the bills. Schooling is very expensive. I'm fortunate enough that my parents are paying for my education, but I still like to help them out with anything I can get, even if it's just $100 that helps me pay for books.

I wouldn't change to much I don't think. I wish I would have realized how easy I had it in high school. Alot more studying is involved in college and you have to force yourself to do it, unlike in high school where they force you to study.

Do not, under any circumstances, allow your beloved offspring, or lack there of, to attend this travesty of an institution and tax dollars by the PA state citizens. I hate Ed Rendell, and you can blame him for cutting the edjumacation budget.

How much the administration doesn't care about studying abroad and how valuable languages other than Spanish and French are, and how important the social sciences are as opposed to their uncanny obsession with making gym teachers and "theraputic recreation" counselors. True story.

I feel like I haven't learned anything, although I write a lot of papers and do a lot of discussions, my language classes are mediocre and the school doesn't care about study abroad programs.

kimberly

Eager to learn, prepared, fun and enthuastic about life, friendly, career orientated and normal is how I would describe the classmated at SRU.

My advice to parents and students is to take their time and decide what school is best for your education based on academics. It is important to consider all finances along with academics when choosing a college. Don't choose a university because your friends or family have attended or will be attending there. College is the beginning of a life long career and it is crucial for a student to be in the proper surroundings. Also, I would suggest to a student to meet with the staff and faculty and become a familiar face in the classroom. If ever the time should arise when you need advice or assistance from a professor, it would be beneficial if they already know your face. Enjoy your college career for what it is and you will get more than an education in book smarts.

I am not frustrated with anything at the university.

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.