Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Lisa

Slippery Rock is a great school in a small, quiet neighborhood. There are parties frequently but they are all off campus. The weekends are really boring if you don't have a good group of friends to do stuff with. The area is beautiful, especially in the fall. If you don't like snow and rain, you will hate it here.

Slippery Rock University felt like home the moment I stepped foot on campus. Yes, there's limited parking, and yes, the food isn't the most wonderful, but it's home. I found a family at the Rock, and I know the experiences I have while earning my undergraduate degree will be with me for the rest of my life. The faculty and staff truly care about the students, and you will never feel like you're just a number lost in the flow of things. It's a highly personal, caring experience at SRU.

Dakota
Wouldn't want to be anywhere else

Wouldn't want to be anywhere else

My favorite place in the world. I love it here always something to do, see, and talk about not to mention we have the best sunsets in the world.

Matthew
Good school, but not a lot there

Good school, but not a lot there

Slippery Rock University is a beautiful school with great academic programs. The professors are incredibly talented teachers who are invested in the school and student population. Population wise the school is not that big, but the campus is a little large and can take some getting used to if you have classes on opposite ends. The one real drawback is that there is almost nothing off-campus to do unless you have a car and are able to drive.

I wish someone had told me that you don't have to study all the time. Studying is very important-- the main purpose of college is to graduate and get your degree. However, living on campus and being a full time student gives you plenty of time to do other things! I think that being involved in extracurricular activities during college has really helped me to grow as a person and encouraged me to do fun things while I'm not busy studying.

Kaitlin

Fast growing and always making changes to improve the school and programs.

Fast growing and always making changes to improve the school and programs.

There is nothing that I did not know that I wish I knew. Everyone is very helpful and will give you the information you need to know before hand.

Olivia

Slippery Rock University is a small school in Pennsylvania with a lot to offer.

Slippery Rock University is a small school in Pennsylvania with a lot to offer.

If I could go back to being a high school senior I would of taken the application process more seriously. I would of looked at more colleges across the United States to see what the best Exercise Science Programs were. I also would of started scholarship opporunites earlier. The bills in college add up a lot faster than i realized and made paying for school more challenging. So knowing this I could have sat down and applied for schollarships every weekend in high School. Overall Im very happy with my decision to attend Slippery Rock Univerity. Its a great school with great opportunites for success.

I wish that I would of known how many students attended the university. Somtimes the school seems small. I also wish that I would of known the weather conditions because winters are very cold.

Michaela

You know a lot of people you see around campus and people remember you. Also everyone is very friendly.

I would tell myself to go in undecided and to not worry about what I want to major in and just focus on classes. I would aslo encourage myself to join the clubs that I did.

Everyone is very welcoming. If you need help or have questions there are many upper classmen that are more than happy to answer.

Cytnhia

I would tell my high school senior self to work really hard to get good grades my senior year and to not get worked up about making the transition to college life because, it's not as bad as everyone makes it seem it is. College is fun but work so you have to work hard and not let yourself get lazy and slack off, you have to stay on top of your academics always if you want to have good grades. I would also tell myself not to let things bother me so much because college is a completely different place and you around people you have never met before and to think of it as a clean slate, a place to start over. No one there knows your past so they can't hold it against you.

The best thing about my school is that everyone is friendly and there are so many people to help you and that want you to succeed. It is really nice to have people rooting for you to succeed that are on campus and who push you to do your very best.

I wish i had known how much free time you have. You have a lot of free time so you need to have really good time management skills to be able to balance everything you want to do with things you have to do.

coral

The unique thing about this school is that copared to the town its in the school is big sicne there is not much around and it really is a normal sized college.

If I could go back and give advice to my high school self I would tell myself not to rush picking a school or a major becouse its a big step and one of the first you'll be making on your own. After that I would then tell my high school self to start packing sooner and to not pack so much as there is a long walk to your dorm and you won't use half of the stuff you bring anyway and you will get more stuff as the year goes by. You'll get stuff by bringing it back from breaks or your prarents bringing things they think you need, but don't. I would also tell my self to get out there more and mingle with people. The more friends the better! Lastly I would remind myself to take a chill pill everyonce and awhile and to not stress so much. I would tell myself to "Save the stress for when your looking for a job not while you are still descovering who you truly are, be open to new ideas and people, you might me surprised by how much you like it or them".

The best thing about this school is the students and how well we stick toghter.

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.