Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

coral

The unique thing about this school is that copared to the town its in the school is big sicne there is not much around and it really is a normal sized college.

If I could go back and give advice to my high school self I would tell myself not to rush picking a school or a major becouse its a big step and one of the first you'll be making on your own. After that I would then tell my high school self to start packing sooner and to not pack so much as there is a long walk to your dorm and you won't use half of the stuff you bring anyway and you will get more stuff as the year goes by. You'll get stuff by bringing it back from breaks or your prarents bringing things they think you need, but don't. I would also tell my self to get out there more and mingle with people. The more friends the better! Lastly I would remind myself to take a chill pill everyonce and awhile and to not stress so much. I would tell myself to "Save the stress for when your looking for a job not while you are still descovering who you truly are, be open to new ideas and people, you might me surprised by how much you like it or them".

The best thing about this school is the students and how well we stick toghter.

Chelsea

My school is best known for it's "Rock Solid" education and Rocky the Lion.

My school is best known for it's "Rock Solid" education and Rocky the Lion.

Hello High School me, Starting college may seem like a stressful time. However, make the most out of it and study hard. Do not slack off. You will do great. Make sure you are okay with who you are rooming with because if you are not, make sure you do something about it. Have fun. Don't stress. You'll do great! College Senior you!

I would consider the campus and the education that one would receive to be the best things about my school. This is because the campus is very easy to access and one can get to classes fairly easy and education is important because it gets us to where we want to be in life.

Bernadette

Slippery Rock is a great medium sized school to get the college experience and gain a degree. The people in my particular program are very friendly and open to working out if there are any problems that you may have. It serves to be a good balance of academics and social life.

College is a transition into another life. First, look at your current finances and don't make a decision on what people would find most pleasing, make a decision that would be best for you. The expense of loans add up and it will affect long term finanaces in your future. Many people and peers look down on going to a community college, but for someone that has to pay for school on their own, it makes a lot of sense to start out getting all your liberal classes finished. It is much more resonable than starting out and going to a university with having to pay a higher tution and pay for living expenses. In the end, the main goal is to gain a degree to better your future. I would also highly reccommend getting involved in campus activities. The people you meet are a part of your college experience and getting involved helps for you to find people that have the same interests as you. As cliche as it sounds, enjoy each moment that you are given because an opportunity like going to college is a privledge and going to college is a blessing.

I think that SRU has a diverse community and that anyone should be able to find a group that they belong to. There are many clubs and organizations that tend to different needs.

Katie

The classmates that I currently attend Slippery Rock University with are hardworking, energetic, and entertaining people who want to succeed in life, while having a good time simultaneously.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to follow my dream. I chose my second-choice school due to money restraints and distance. I would tell myself that everyone has college debt, and eventually, I will be able to pay it off, even if I attended a more expensive university. I wish I would have known that in high school, because I feel I made the wrong college choice due to the price and distance. I would also tell myself to start studying in high school, because when I got to college, I did not know how to study. I would tell myself to start learning how to study in high school so I was not in for such a big shock in college. Other than those few tips, there is nothing else I would tell myself if I could give my high school-self advice.

Someone who does not enjoy cold, wet weather and the atmosphere of a small town should not attend this school.

Casaundra

I would tell myself that I need to learn to be more responsible. Stop relying on your mother and begin to take small steps towards taking care of yourself. If I learned that earlier I would have adjusted more easily. I would also add that in order to make friends you have to be a friend. Be considerate of your roommates and put forth an effort to really get to know people. Everyone here is friendly but you really have to work to get to know people. Show them that homeschoolers aren't socially awkward after all. One of the last things I would tell myself would be to begin writing things down. Don't just hope you will remember to do something instead take the initiative and write it down so you remember and can do it thoroughly. Last of all I would tell myself don't give up. It's going to be rough but you will make it through. Don't push your family away they are there to help you. If I could tell myself these things I believe the transition into college would have been a lot easier.

The close knit groups of friends, eveyone finds a group that fits them very well.

Anyone could come here, it is a very accomidating school.

Kenya

I know that watching Different Worlds gave you the impression that college is a piece of cake and filled with parties and cute guys but you should've paid attention to the episodes that showed the all night study sessions and the hours it takes to write a research paper. Though your college experience will be amazing it is important to give your all even if you do not like the class. Studying and being extremely organized will get you through the tough semesters. It is best that I warn you now before you make the wrong decisions. The best way to make the transition from high school to college is simply being organized and knowing how to manage your time. Each class you take will require a lot of your time and if you know how to manage your time and organize your work, college will really be simple. Finding out what resources your college provides will really help you especially if they have a math tutor and a writing center that reviews your research papers long before it is due. Just focus and study hard and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

Dave

I would tell myself to learn how to study and be a more studious student, otherwise you will have some challenges in your future academically.

The size of the school is perfect, not too big and not too small.

Getting into the classes you need as an underclassman.

madison

My classmates are one of a kind.

My classmates are one of a kind.

If I were to go back and have a chat with Madison in her younger days I would tell her to not stress as much. She would be informed that high school does not give you the study skills you need. But do not fear, you will do fine. Once she makes it through her "I would rather sit in my room and read than go out and make awkward encounters" phase, she would make some loyal friends and finally find a career path. College really does help you find yourself and what you want to be.

If you want to enjoy your time here at SRU you need to be community-oriented, social, and enthusiastic. There are so many clubs and activities going on and there's always a chance to do something good. The volunteer opportunities are endless, and the plus side is you usually get a free t-shirt and food out of it!

Brandon

Students in the Exercise Science major were focused and generally friendly and eager to help each other.

Do not expect the difficulty of college to match that which I was accustomed to in High School. My Chemistry teacher continually attempted to challenge us and share with us that what we would experience in college was of a much higher degree of difficulty than we were experiencing in some of our other classses. Being a typical teenager, I did not listen to his advice and began my freshman year expecting to sail through as I did in High School. At week 3, I quickly learned that this teacher had been trying to prepare us for what he had experienced and I was just beginning to experience. If I could go back in time, my advice would be to listen to the advice of this experienced educator.

The exercise science and education programs.

The exercise science and education programs.

If given the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to focus more on the atmosphere of a campus rather than the presumed prestige of a particular school before making a final decision. Campus visits are very helpful when considering your options. The most important part of the transition into college life is that you are comfortable within your surroundings. It may not happen right away, as it is normal to feel apprehensive about leaving home for the first time, but if you feel out of place and uncomfortable on a campus, you will not be able to succeed there either socially or academically. In order to be successful anywhere you must be confident in yourself and it is difficult to do that in an atmosphere where you feel unwelcome. It is for this reason that I feel the atmosphere of a school is more important than the prestige of the university. I feel that, in many instances, you get out of your education what you put into it and if you are not confident in your abilities you have very little hope of succeeding.

People seeking higher education.

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.