Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

A great learning and social environment.

A great learning and social environment.

Looking back on my high school and undergraduate years, I do not regret anything, but it would have been beneficial to know some things that I wish I had known prior to transitioning to college. I definitely learned a lot about myself during my first year of college. I learned how to manage my time by studying at the library and making schedules in order to get my work done, as well as socialize. In addition, I learned self discipline and taught myself to complete certain tasks such as finishing projects on time and completing honors service hours ahead of time, in order to reduce stress and find time to hang out with friends. Also, I learned how to manage my finances and buy less of what I wanted and more of what was essential such as groceries and school supplies. Overall, I have grown as an individual and I have began helping young individuals, going through the same transition, to better prepare themselves for when they go to college.

Jeremiah

It's very easy to get distracted in your freshman year, but you have to be fucus. The parties will always be there even after college, so party but study harder and maintain a high grade cause in the end, it counts with the knowlegde you've aquired.

The professors are incredible, they work hard to see that students understand and are always available at their offices to render assistance as well.

The city of Slippery Rock doesn't have enogh sociable place where young folks can hang out, meet up, make friends beside on-campus and a few spot that are complecent because they do not feel any completition.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself not to even hesitate. I would say that I'd have the best roommates, I would meet my best friends, I would get involved in learning a new culture and try to make a difference. I would also tell myself to learn time management much earlier, because second semester would be so much easier. I would say to get involved with the American Sign Language Club much earlier in the year. I would say to focus much more in studying and you probably could of had an A in Statistics. I would want to remind myself that although the winters are almost unbeaerable that the fall and spring weather is very beautiful. And that even though I'm an hour and a half away I don't have to wait to come home on a weekend. I would reassure myself that Slippery Rock University was probably the college I could have gone to.

The best thing about the school are the people who attend. There is such a diverse group of people that attend this school, and they can become your family. I know that some of the people I met my first semester there will be my life long friends.

Not to be so nervous and learn time management. Most first year students are nervous for classes and studying and meeting people. All you need is to balance your time. That was one thing that I learned and also something that my friends helped me with.

If I had a way to go back in time to talk to my high school self, I would give myself this very important advice: Get involved in as many scholarship programs as possible! My parents are not paying for my college education, yet I live under their roof and am not eligable for financial aid. I now have two options: Move out and wait to become eligable for financial aid, or look for as many scholarships as possible that are not based on the income of my parents. I was lucky enough to receive one scholarship that paid for my first year of school, but I know the next few years will be a hard struggle. This is why I would advise myself to look for as many scholarships as possible. They are out there, and it is important to look for them.

Stacie

The List of No Regrets: Never lose your student ID, it’s your Life Never look back and question your work, have faith in yourself and your abilities When opportunity comes knocking, answer the door Be yourself, and stay true to who you are Enjoy the dining halls, because you know you can’t cook Find a mentor, and never stop asking that person questions Love Stop being so serious, you know laughing makes you look younger Take as many fun classes as possible, because they keep you calm when you’re in your last year Always say yes! Learn to say No! Dream Big and Play Hard Remember your family is always there for you when you’re feeling all alone Study Study Study Lean your time is money, so don’t be taken advantage of The most important building on campus: The Library, you know that building filled with books Professors won’t bite… hard! It MAY take time, you will eventually create a system to keep track of your assignments, so be patient Enjoy every second of your education Relax

That there are too many scholarships for our crapy sports teams, but not enough for our fantastic music, theatre, dance, and art departments.

Thank alot of teachers dont give a dame about you, they would rather go to GHT and meet with you at their satilite office!

Christine

SRU has an awesome recreational facility and new dorm layout which will definitely catch your eye, but if egotistical jocks and people who are given grades and money just because of their skin color really aren't your thing, I'd look elsewhere.

Something I admit to myself almost every day is how I should have listened to my parents and gone to a community or state school starting my freshman year. I went to a private school that I thought would offer the world to me and ended up being stuck on the side of a highway with the same people I’d known since middle school. It was simply 13th grade..no one had grown up, but everyone was always in your business as if it was theirs. That small college was filled to the limit with egotistical students who looked at college as a good time and would never find the true meaning of life for themselves; they would never grow into the person God made them to be. I’ll remember the lesson I learned the hard and expensive way and be sure to send my kids to a state or community school where they have so much more to offer for such a smaller price tag.

I love that I can feel safe in Slippery Rock. It feels like home.

Tasha

My classmates were intriguing and friendly. There was never a dull moment at Slippery Rock from the moment that I stepped onto campus. I went to school with poeple from all over the world and had the opportunity to travel abroad myself. I believe that it is important that we are open-minded about things, we learn so much more from being open to different ideas. I believe that if we are united that we can do mighty things.

My school has a cohesive community, I brag to my friends that we were able to work together and as a team. We had round-table discussions, it was not just about partying. We wanted to get to know each other and use that to uplift and motivate each other. There was no black and white, we were just the student body.

Shawna

The most valuable thing that I have gotten out of attending Slippery Rock University, wasw the ability to communicate with people. When I first started attending this university I was a very shy person and I did not know how to communicate with people all that well. Now that I am in my sophmore year, I have learned how to make friends, as well as how to talk to people that I have never met before. By attending this college I have also been able to learn how to talk to adults. By having this ability it has helped me, in the career field as well as being able to become a stronger person. It has helped to get my voice heard, as well as helped me realize what I would like to do for the rest of my life. My ultimate goal in life is to become a politician. By learning how to communicate with people is a major asset a politician should have, and I have been blessed to have learned how to do so.

I think that a person who is interested in exercise science, or someone who is interested in the art department should attend Slippery Rock. Also Slippery Rock has a great education program, so if a person is seeking a degree in education I would recommend Slippery Rock.

I brag about how diverse the school is. There are many different people that attend this school. I am not only talking about the color of a person's skin but also their sexual and religious orientations.

Tori

Slippery Rock University is a very laid-back school and feels very much like home.

I have realized that I have much more potential than I realized in high school. Going to college has really opened up my view of myself, and I feel like there is much for me to achieve here.

Anyone who is looking for a 4-year degree but is concerned with cost of tuition or wants a school that feels like a home away from home.

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.