Slippery Rock, PA
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Tori

Slippery Rock University is a very laid-back school and feels very much like home.

I have realized that I have much more potential than I realized in high school. Going to college has really opened up my view of myself, and I feel like there is much for me to achieve here.

Anyone who is looking for a 4-year degree but is concerned with cost of tuition or wants a school that feels like a home away from home.

Marcie

I discovered that I really like to learn. That is one thing that high school did not teach me. College has taught me to appreciate just how much I don't know, and to do my best in learning as much as possible. It seems like every class I take makes me want to take 3 more. At the same time, I don't feel like i HAVE to take more classes, it's just that I'm understanding things better than ever before and I don't want to stop learning. It's a great experience!

Justine

My classmates are friendly and open to helping anyone who needs it.

My classmates are friendly and open to helping anyone who needs it.

I have been in college for three years now and I have learned so much about not only myself, but about life in general and how lucky I am. My major is social work and I have gotten to participate in an array of different activities where I was able to make a difference. I helped with assisting the elderly, raising money for breast cancer, helping with habitat with humanity and so much more. I also, joined a sorority at college and I now have friends close enough to call my sisters from now until forever. I learned about self-discipline, hard work, and time management that will be useful to me in the future. The memories I have established at Slippery Rock are the most valuable to me along with the information I have gained throughout my experience here. I feel like I am prepared to make the step into adulthood and get involved in a career that I am passionate about thanks to this University.

I think the best thing about the school is that it is small and you can have more one on one time with teachers. It is also, cheaper than most schools.

Zack

Something I find unique about Slippery Rock University is that the faculty is very helpful. I visited three colleges other than SRU and I immediately noticed on my Slippery Rock campus visit that their professors are some of the best people in the world. After attending this school for a year, I still believe that.

My college experience is teaching me about the real world. I am learning how society functions and what is "normal" due to the fact that I have been introduced to people from all over the world who have various viewpoints and opinions. In high school, everyone is forced to see the same people and basically same type of people since it is only one community of students. In college, a whole spectrum of personalities and experiences are thrown into one place and encouraged to get to know each other. College is meant to prepare us for the rest of our life. Meeting all kinds of people aids in that preparation.

The worst thing about Slippery Rock University in my opinion is the food service. The meals served at the dining halls are nothing to look to forward to and it is overpriced. The newest on campus dining hall recently received positive national recognition, but I definitely believe the on-campus eating experience could be much better.

Latefah

Slippery Rock University is best known for there excellent business programs, pysical therapy, and very good education studen...

Slippery Rock University is best known for there excellent business programs, pysical therapy, and very good education students.

What is unique about my school, is that is has a excellent education program. All of the other schools that i have considered were not quit right for me. Another reason why i did not pick an other school's was because, Slippery Rock was the closest one, and therefor i would have money to travel to and from school.

I am just entering my freshmen year of college. I think it is valuable to attend college because, i fell as though if there is someone willing to teach you, why not go and get taught! I also fell if you can make your life better by going to school why not go!

Jake

College is a battle. This battle ive been on is going on for three years now. I have learned a lot in my battle of college experience. Some of the things i have learned is not to stay up all night parting and then attempt to go to an eight in the morning class. Some of the positive things i have learned are a little painful, like how to study and remember organic chemistry equations. But the most important thing i have taken out my college experience is how important a college education is, espically in this had time. Ive seen many young adults struggle to find jobs, many who dont even have a college degree. I Also work full time making minum wage and see grown men with college degrees sweating with me. I have relized that although college can be a lot of fun and play it is much more than that. It is what i make it to be and how i make it work for me.

arielle

My classmates are some of my best friends who give me inspiration to be a great person and work hard for my dreams.

By attending college, I have realized that in order to succeed in life it is very important to work vey hard and always keep your priorities straight. If you have your mind set to do great things you will do great things, but that is only if you work hard and stay focused at all times.

It is not very large so the professors know your name and can help you more.

Alison

Slippery Rock University does their best to ensure you have a good college career and that yout feel like you fit in there.

I have learned that I am more independent that I actually realized. I thought that I was going to have a hard time being away from home, and at first it was, but then I was able to find a good group of friends and people that shared the same interests as I did. This school has been valuable to attdend for many reasons. Slippery Rock is known for its teaching program, so from teh very start of deciding what major I wanted to do, I had slippery rock in the back of my mind. The teachers are very nice, and will do anything they possibly can to help you succeed. They are very welcoming, and make you feel wanted and needed in your career. It was a very good choice of schools, and I do not regert choosing Slippery Rock University as the place to continue my education. We Rock!

I tell them about the nice dorms. They are new, have their own bathrooms, their own kitchen, and are very private. The people are nice, and the school does a very good job matching you up with a good roommate. We also have a really good academic program, whcih draws many students both nationally and internationally to the school

Kaylee

When I first started college I did not like it at all. I left the university and attended a trade school. Now that I am a certified phlebotomist, I realized that education is really important and that I can succeed and pass college. I now want to re-attend college and pursue a associates degree. After that I will concider a bachelors or even a masters. I needed the trade school to help me learn what study technique works best for me. Now that I have learned how I can help myself study and memorize what Ive learned I am more prepared and determaned to continue and return to school. Now in our society education is required. Some jobs even when not requiring a certain degree still require two years+ of schooling past high school. I dont want to one day be stuck to where I cant support myself or my family because I didnt continue in my education. Education is key to success. Knowlegde is key to happiness. Happiness is key to life. I encourage everyone to attend school and never give up! Its hard but can be acheived!

Rochelle

I have gotten so much out of going to college. Being a single parent raising two kids is rewarding in itself, but going to college is amazing. I have a new sense of renewal in mind, body and soul. I am learning and retaining more as I am older than I ever have. I am starting a new career later in my life and with my experience and classroom instruction I will become more of an asset. I have grown more as a person, a woman and a colleague. I recommend returning to school for anyone who is looking for a higher understanding and wisdom.

Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.