Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

« See more reviews of Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

The on campus parking situation is a minor issue however, it tends to be the most negative aspect of Slippery Rock University. Parking spots available for off-campus commuters tends to be competitive. Over my years at SRU the parking situation has been improving but still has insufficient parking spots for those that are required to commute. As an off campus commuter that lives within the town, I choose to walk to campus rather that fight with others that do not have this convenience of walking and must drive.

The worse part of Slippery Rock University would have to be there availabilityfor classes. They have more students then open available classes. If they had more classes offered then that would help a lot of students from having to take summer courses at a community college. For Example, Public Speaking is a class that a lot of students take over the summer at a community college close to them because it's so hard to get into the class.

The worst thing about this school is being social. There is a drive to get students social but mostly the organized events are corny, like concerts and things like that, but you don't really go to those kind of things to meet new people, you go with your friends and have a good time. If you do not join a Fraternity or Sorority or play a sport it seems impossible to be socially involved on campus.

I think the worst thing about my school would be the peer pressure to party and drink. I think that there needs to be more people speaking out and saying that I do not drink or party. The peer pressure to do both is intense. The amount of illegal activities, mainly drinking, people get away with is crazy. I wish there were more people who speak out and say I can still have fun and not drink.

The only bad thing about Slippery Rock is sometimes the weather. The summers are nice, and the fall is absoultely beautiful, but come winter, just be prepared to bundle up. The snow makes good for snowboarding, but just be cautious on your way to class. The spring semeter is pretty wet, but nothing you can't handle with an umbrella. Once it dries out, hello sunshine!

The worst thing about Slippery Rock University in my opinion is the food service. The meals served at the dining halls are nothing to look to forward to and it is overpriced. The newest on campus dining hall recently received positive national recognition, but I definitely believe the on-campus eating experience could be much better.

the rain. it pretty much rains all the time and i love being outside. so when its rainy and cold, its kinda hard to do fun things to take your mind off of school like whitewater kayaking, hiking, and rock climbing. (there is a ton of that around! which is one reason i love the location of my school.)

It's too small. It's like a spider web of people. It's hard to keep secrets unless you really find someone who wont spill the beans. The only reason that's not bad is because it makes everyone stay honest about most things they do and say. The people are real... that's for sure.

The worst part about my school is the difficulty you can sometimes have when trying to talk to people in charge. Some offices give you the run around when you are trying to get things changed while others do a spectacular job at helping.

I feel like I haven't learned anything, although I write a lot of papers and do a lot of discussions, my language classes are mediocre and the school doesn't care about study abroad programs.