Smith College

« See more reviews of Smith College

As far as frustrations go, I must say that I find the few bad teachers on campus a bit infuriating. When paying a great sum to attend any given college, one assumes that all of the teachers will be, if not amazing, at least adequate at their jobs. Though there are very few bad teachers here, the fact that there are any at all seems disgraceful to me, and the fact that I must suffer because of their ineptness is a bit frustrating.

Sometimes, my school in its' well-meaning intentions to be progressive, can be close-minded to all ideas and refuse to listen to out-dated ideas of the past that conflict with the progressive agenda even though the mark of "a good education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence." Robert Frost.

Because Smith is a women's college there was a lot of pressure to promote the sciences and business. As a result the Career Development Office spent a lot of time and resources on those fields, and humanities tended to get less attention, even though Smith is a liberal arts college.

The social life. Kids here can often be too focused on school work that they forget to have fun on weekends. Weekends here can often be so boring I make my girlfriend come visit me just so I have someone to hang out with whose head isn't stuck in a book

People are overly-PC/liberal at times, sometimes to the point of stifling free speech.

Some ladies are overly opinionated. the over-emphasis on political correctness.

Hipsters, people being uptight, not a big social scene off campus.

There is nothing that frustrates me about my school.

Smith treats students like children too often

Lack of social life for heterosexuals.