Boaz, AL
Snead State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Snead State Community College

Allyssa

Snead State is an amazing College of which I am honored to currently attend. The staff and professors are always there to lend a helping hand. The campus is very safe and always kept clean and beautiful . This campus provides everything that Any student could possibly need! There is no other campus that I would rather be a part of.

steven

Snead State is the second to none when it comes to community colleges, it has the best combination of amazing professors, academics and affordability. Overall it's the best school to go to straight out of high school, it is not too big of a campus and you are still around home for the most part. It prepares you for a larger transition in the following years.

Parker

It's a great school to start out at and transfer from. The professors are very helpful and knowledgeable. I love saying I'm from Snead State because the schooling and facility is amazing and state of the art. I would advise my friends and family to attend this wonderful school.

Jaclynn

I believe that Snead State Community College is unique by the amount of passionate and caring professors there are. All of the professors strive to make every student have the ability to graduate and move on with their future.

The biggest word of advice I would give myself is to embrace me. Do not go to college trying to change yourself to fit or to make others happy, but to embrace the woman that you are today. People will constantly try to critique you, judge you, and pressure you. People do not realize how hard college life can be, and finding your identity through college can be a struggle. I always remember that I am the best version of me, and learning to embrace that understanding sooner would have been a huge step for me in my college career. So I tell all of the students of the world to go into college being the confident you, and receive the fact that you are not worthless, lost, or unvalued but that you have a bright future ahead. Do not let anyone tear you down because you are worth it, you are great, and you are enough!

I would consider the worst thing about Snead State Community College is the difficulty to make friends. The school does not make it hard, but th students do because they usually go to class then off to work or home.

Alyssa

If I could go back in time and tell myeslf something, it would be to not sweat it! Times are gonna get hard, classes are going to be hard, and your going to get stressed out! But that is all a part of the college experience! I would also tell myself to not wait... Just go straigt into college... Don't worry about getting a job to make that "Money." Education is more important, and what that education leads to, in the long run, is way better then staying in a minimum wage job for the rest of your life! Also, search for those scholarships! Even a little bit can go a long way... And don't give up searching just because it feels hopeless! Trust me, there is hope, and there are TONS of scholarships out there! You just have to look, and don't stop looking!

The worst thing for me used to be the drive I had to get to school... Otherwise, nothing really.

There isn't much that frustrates me... I love my school! The teachers are great, the advisors are always willing to help, and the campus environment is always fun and upbeat!

Tara

There are many things I would tell myself if I could go back in time. I have learned many things during my time at college I wish I had known before I started. College is completely different from high school. The most important thing that I would tell myself would to be open for new things such as friends, clubs, and classes. Something else I would tell myself is not to procrastinate and do work as soon as possible and spend more time on it. I would also tell my self to study as much as possible, and get a good nights sleep. Another thing that I would tell myself is to set goals and reach them. These are a few of the things I would tell myself if I could go back in time.

The best thing about Snead State Community College would have to be its compofortability. Snead is a college in a small town, this makes the campus feel very safe . It also has wonderful teachers, that are always avaliable and always helpful. Snead State teachers are also caring and want the best for their students and want to see them succeed. The comfortability is only one of the best things about Snead State Community College.

The worst thing about Snead State Community College would be the classes they do not offer. Snead has all the state required classe, but they do not offer very many elective classes. I am an active person and would like to take a few active classes like yoga, or aerobics. Snead does not have any classes that are active. The non offered classes at Snead are the worst thing about my school.

If I could go back and talk to myself I would have listened more to the speakers that came to my high school and when we went to college fairs. I would have worked harder in my school studies so that would have helped me when I stared college. I would have taken alot more classes that I needed for my major and not just the easy ones. I would have done a lot of things different!

The best thing about Snead State is that the faculty is wonderful. They are all so nice and helpful in every way. You never pass a person on campus that isn't smiling or they don't say hi. Snead always has something going on for the students in the Student Union Building. Clubs are always organizing different activies that everyone can be apart of and that makes going to school a lot of fun!

I believe anyone can attend Snead State. As long as your willing to go to class and get the work done to get your degree then its the right place for you. All ages go to Snead. They have different activies and are always willing to help you out if you need it! The faculty is great!

Jami

Snead is small, but I love it. Its small enough to know your name but large enough to shape your future. I would suggest going to Snead as your junior college to anyone who doesn't want to start off in a four year first. The school has an amazing history and the faculty are kind.

Study, study, study. In college, you are not going to be given your diploma on a silver platter. You must work hard and keep up with your ownself. Don't worry about how the other students do, worry about yourself. You must be dedicated and willing to try your best. Nothing in life is free or just handed to you, you must work at it until you finally get the best. Growing up, people said I would never make it, although it is tough, I am proud to say that I am making it. If you are not devoted then college is not for you. Always stay on top of your work. Never give up on what you believe.

I brag about how everyone knows me. I also brag on the teahcers saying that they have made and impact on my life and have made learning fun

Meg

Snead State community college is so unique because it is "Small enough to know your name, but Big enough to shape your futrue". Unlike most schools, Snead is small enough to focus on you as a person and not as a number. As a student you are able to take part in the same extracurricular activities, clubs, and orgamizations that are offered to students at a larger college, but at Snead you get more attention and focus because you are in a smaller group. This is such a great thing because you are able to learn achieve much more.

First of all, take a chill pill! Seriously. There's nothing to get stressed out about. The best thing for you to do, Meg, is to sit down with a pencil and paper and write out what you're interested in, where you want to go, and what your possiblities are reaching that goal. Then you need to get started early. Do not procrastinate. I KNOW YOU WANT TO!! Come on, sit down now and get started. Then you need to go to your counselor and ask about any scholarship opportunities avaliable for you, and when she says yes, take them and apply for them; don't leave them in your back pack where they become unforgotten until months down the road and the deadline has already passed. Get organized and apply to fastweb and read up on scholarship information through that website. It is very important to stay open minded and keep your ears and eyes open to opportunities for you. You should also talk to advisors at schools your interested in and read up on student life, school life, and living at each place. Focus on what is best for you, Meg, because afterall, it's your future.

The best thing about Snead State Community College is there "Southern Hospitality"'. In my mind that phrase means one is kind, caring, friendly, and will do all they can to help one another. At Snead State, the school , staff, and students share all of these attributes. The students are kind to one another and really care about each others interests and talents that they have. The school and staff does all that it can for its students to obtain the major they want and to help them prepare for there future, whether that be transferring or starting a job somewhere.

Brandi

I would tell myself how important it is to start study at least a week in advance for each test. College is serious and you don?t have time to wait until the last minute to work on your school work. Every single grade counts a lot more than it did in high school. Be organized! Keep a calendar of your school work. I would also tell myself not to take my harder classes during volleyball season. Get active in organizations and stay active. Do not be afraid to go see teachers as often as needed to. I would also say, not to stress too much and enjoy the experience!

The one thing I mostly tell my friends about my school is how amazing the people are here. I have moved a good bit in my life and I have never met people this great. Everyone here is very friendly and welcoming. I played volleyball here and it was nice to see how involved the community became with the athletic program. Anytime we go anywhere we were recognized and praised for our hard work. It is also how the people are very strong in their faith. It?s just an all around great place to go to school!

I attend a community college and it?s a great environment, but it?s very small. It can be very tricky scheduling your classes, because they can only offer them at certain times. Often time you have to wait until the following semester to take a certain class. That can be very frustrating when you end up taking all your tough classes all at once.

Snead State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.