Boaz, AL
Snead State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Snead State Community College

Haley

I would tell myself to not worry about the petty things being said around me. Most high school seniors are only worried about popularity and their status among the others. I would have told myself to focus more on being a good person and not to worry about popularity. In the end no one is going to care who was the prom queen or the best athlete, but they will remember the way someone treated others. There is a lot more to life than high school, even though it may not seem like it at the time. Focus on being a good friend and a great student, and find true friends that will always be there no matter what.

I wish I would have had better study habits. High school came very easy to me and when I came to snead I did not know how to properly study. It was hard for me to study all the time but now i've learned a lot about how to prepare for my classes and I know have a better opportunity to make the best grades I can.

A person who is lazy should not attend this school. Many people have the idea of going to a community college as being an easy two years, but Snead is not. The classes may not be as hard as a four year institution, but they are very challenging.

Susan

At this time I do not have any classmates, but my last classes had alot of students that had lost their jobs. Therefore, they were older and really eager to learn.

Snead State has just started a nursing program within the last 3 years. I dont really know about any thing else.

Well, if I could go back to high school, I would make sure to start college immediately. I started work right out of high school and started a life on my own. At the age of 19, I had a set of twin boys and that is where I have been for the last 19 years. One of my sons, repeated the very same mistakes. He has a wife now and a son that is one year old. Needless to say, I have 6 in the house now instead of 4. My son and his wife work but do not make enough to live on their own. That is why I am applying for a scholarship. I can not afford to pay for classes muchless nursing school. I was going to take my anatomy II, starting today but could not afford to pay my dues. I really want to go to school for RN studies. Thank you for considering me for a scholarship.

James

It's a small school but it has a great learning enviroment.

It's a small school but it has a great learning enviroment.

If i could go back in time, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships and to concentrate more, study more , and do more homework.

Most classes are well taught so they are easy, and they transfer to all universities. Also it is very student oriented.

Katelin

Snead State is much smaller and closer to home than others schools I considered.

Looking back now I wish I would have studied more. I would tell myself to study, work harder, and listen better in class. I am not very good at paying attention in class and that is one thing I needed to work on while still in high school to help me improve my college listening skills. I would also tell myself to study. I was very bad about studying for tests and quizes. I never really studied hard, I would start to study then stop. Now I am not good at studying at all. I am following in the same path about studying because that is what I am used to. I need to start studying more, and I would go back and tell myself that.

I tell my friends that Snead State is a great school. It is small and pretty. It is in a nice location. The classes are small so the teachers know your name and are able to better help you.

Tamara

As a high school senior I wanted to go straight to a major university. I am glad I chose otherwise. At the time I was not too happy about this decision, but I went where I got the scholarship. I am convinced this was the best decision I could have possibly made. I would reassure myself that going to a community college does not make me inferior to my classmates who attend four year schools. By going to Snead State, I have never been just another face in the crowd.

The best thing about Snead State Community College is the amount of opportunities to get involved. There are many academic, awareness, athletic, religious and other types of organizations. Whether you enjoy dressing up to support your team at a basketball game, challenging yourself academically, or just dedicating your time to something you feel strongly about, this is the college for you. Being involved on campus is critical to have the best college experience, so come let Snead State help you have the time of your life!

I would have to say that the absolute worst thing about Snead State is the limited parking areas. The amount of students and faculty increase each year, but the parking spots do not. The parking lots are an especially hectic area around the first of each semester. Every college has its faults and there is a lesson to be learned at each one. The lesson I have learned is that the early bird gets the worm, and the punctual college student gets the good parking spot.

Snead State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.